- Number of Players
- Release Date
- 29th Aug 2023
- 29th Aug 2023
- Official Site
- Also Available On
- PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S
Hands On First Impressions Of Sea Of Stars, The Next Project From The Messenger Dev Sabotage
Hands off, actually
There is certainly no shortage of retro-inspired titles across all platforms these days. In fact, it can sometimes feel like every other game is a pixel art 'homage' to a retro classic. Still, when those games are done well and do more than fondle your nostalgia zones, the results can be potent. Sabotage Studio's first game, The...
Sorry, no review of Sea Of Stars yet.
About The Game
Embark on a journey of peril and wonder as a Solstice Warrior in this turn-based RPG inspired by the classics
Sea of Stars tells the story of two Children of the Solstice who combine the powers of the sun and moon to perform Eclipse Magic, the only force capable of fighting off the monstrous creations of an evil alchemist known as The Fleshmancer.
• Engaging turn-based combat. Pressing the action button in sync with the animations increases damage output while reducing incoming damage. Along with timed hits, combat features multi-character combo attacks, boosting, and a strategic "locks" system offering options to play with different damage types in order to hinder enemies while they are channeling powerful attacks or spells, all in an immersive take on the genre; no random encounters, no transitions to separate battlefields, and no grinding.
• Unshackled traversal. Swim, climb, vault, jump off or hoist up ledges as you traverse seamlessly through the world with a navigation system based on platformer expertise that breaks free from the classic bound-to-the-grid tileset movement.
• A story rich adventure. Dozens of original characters and story arcs will take you on a captivating journey. Sometimes epic, sometimes silly, and other times emotional, Sea of Stars does its RPG duty of exploring classic themes of adventure and friendship, while also being chock-full of the unexpected twists and events you’d expect from a Sabotage production.
• A world you can touch. There are many ways to hang out in the world of Sea of Stars if you feel the need for a change of pace in your adventures. Sailing, cooking, fishing, stopping by a tavern to listen to a song or play the infamous tabletop game known as "Wheels".....every system has been designed to deliver an experience that pays respect to retro classics, while rethinking in some areas to offer a smooth and modernized experience.
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...