Akin to Pokémon Yellow's existence to Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Crystal is the next critter-catching adventure to round-off a generation of main series, handheld Pokémon games – that being Pokémon Gold and Silver. But what could Crysta
Pokémon Crystal Version Guides
Where does Pokémon Sword and Shield rank?
What are the best Pokémon games? Ranking such awesome games proved a lot more difficult than we first anticipated, given how many of them end up being among the best games of their particular generation. We deliberated for many hours here at Nintendo Life Towers to decide the order of these turn-based RPG...
About The Game
Pokémon Crystal is back and brimming with new features
Originally released for the Game Boy Color system in 2000, the Pokémon Crystal game added several new features to the Pokémon franchise. For the first time, players could choose a female or male character, Pokémon battles featured animation, and more. And now, this Virtual Console release invites you to explore the Johto region again—or for the first time.
- Experience an adventure through Johto based on the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver games, but with updated features and added story elements specific to the Pokémon Crystal game.
- Get the chance to encounter the Mythical Pokémon Celebi in an event after completing the main adventure.
- Meet the mysterious character Eusine and find out how he’s linked to the Legendary Pokémon Suicune.
- Battle and trade with friends using local wireless.*
- With the paid service Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to bring Pokémon you have caught in this version of Pokémon Crystal into the Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and Pokémon Ultra Moon games!