Forums

Topic: The end all, be all, super-ultra Cave Story mega thread

Posts 241 to 254 of 254

LordJumpMad

Is There any diffents between Cave Story for Wii or DSi.

I got a Point Card, but I don't know Where to put it in?

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

GeminiSaint

It's the same game. The DSi version just has less extra features (like the WiiWare version's new graphic/music mode, boss rush, and Curly Story).

GeminiSaint

Rensch

Finally it's out. I got the Wii edition today. I prefer the original music I know from the PC version, though. Thankfully you can turn that on as well.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

PixelatedPixies

Just completed the game for the first time. Really great game.

I beat it on normal and got the so-called second best ending. I've got a quick question though, and I do apologise as I'm sure it's been answered already. I don't seemed to have unlocked any of the additional modes.

I understand the boss battle and time attacks modes are only unlocked once you get the best ending, but shouldn't I have unlocked Curly Mode? Everything that I've read suggests that you just need to defeat curly in the story to unlock this mode, which i have. Any information would be appreciated.

PixelatedPixies

edhe

I beat the game for the first time yesterday, and my thumbs still ache. Those last bosses were intense!

I also got the "The End?" ending as well.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Modo7

PixelatedPixies wrote:

shouldn't I have unlocked Curly Mode? Everything that I've read suggests that you just need to defeat curly in the story to unlock this mode, which i have. Any information would be appreciated.

You need to save Curly in the first "Core" battle, the underwater one

Edited on by Modo7

Modo7

turtlelink

Wait, I thought you started with Curly mode...
Anywho, I'm at the labyrinth boss (that huge thing that drives then opens up it's mouth to shoot stuff at you) and I'm having some trouble with it. Can I have any tips on how to beat it such as weapon of choice? I usually just shot rockets at it and used the level 3 sword attack. Also, is there any heart container thingys in this area. I have about 35♥.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

GeminiSaint

That'd be Monster X. It's not really that hard.
Ride on the treads, jumping between them as the boss goes back and forth. When it stops, stand in the middle, jump up and spam Level 2 Sword upwards, point-blank, for massive damage! When it closes its core, jump back on the treads and repeat the process until it dies.

GeminiSaint

LordJumpMad

I got The best ending!

I save my own butt, and let everyone die......TheEnd......

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

derk711

@Dragoon... This is a little late but here it goes... to get curly mode in the updated version...

You don't save curly, you defeat her AND (very important) exchange your pistol for her machine gun, then save. (In any difficulty)

I always go for the spur. so for the longest of time I did not unlock curly mode.

derk711

HolyMackerel

Huzzah!

Just FYI down at the NintendoLife Game Club we will be doing a group playthrough of Cave Story for our next game session! We'll be discussing our thoughts and questions while playing the game and doing group reviews of Cave Story afterwards. The session starts tentatively on Friday, January 29. If you'd like to join us please read the club thread's first post for instructions.

For those of you who have already finished the game, we encourage a second playthrough for differing opinions. You could also try Curly Mode if you've unlocked it.

Thanks for your time!

HolyMackerel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.