Forums

Topic: Moto Heroz impressions thread.

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

SamuraiShyGuy

RedLynx needs to throw out the hackers. One in particular is ruining the online leaderboards: Haxzingterror. Get on it RedLynx! He's pretty much telling you he's a hacker!

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

Luffymcduck

I hope they´ll release the DLC before 18th of November. After that I´d rather spend my playing time trying out the new games like Mario 3D, Zelda SS and Mario Kart 7. Guess I´ll stop playing online too when those games get released. After all, I´ve played almost 200 online races so far. It´s still nice to be number 5.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

luksatka

for those, who join the to the Internet Wii and would like 500 points, so let me write to my e-mail luksatka@g ... there and tell you how to do it and commented Please, write your Wii number: D

Thanks

for those, who join the to the Internet Wii and would like 500 points, so let me write to my e-mail luksatka@gmai...

You can get it for free on IOS. I'm peeved. Why does every Wiiware game, make it's way to iOS? (Bit Trip Beat, World of Goo, Lost Winds, Max and the Magic Marker)

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

Since this has been bumped, I'll repost my impressions of the MotoHeroz demo that I just posted in the WiiWare Demos thread:

They get points for originality, but mixing racing with 2D platforming with a floaty physics engine doesn't work very well. Also, the upcoming terrain sneaks up on you too quickly to be able to reasonably react as to when you need to jump or lean in a certain direction. There was one level in the demo I couldn't even beat, because it involves a bunch of complicated loops and ramp switches, where the AI ghost car I was supposed to beat could pull off all the moves perfectly, while I'm stuck flipping my car back over and/or not getting enough momentum on the loops. Delete. 4/10

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

Nintenbro

@BulbasaurusRex, so you awarded Moto Heroz a low score, because you're no good at the game? It requires much practice, much practice my friend. I wasn't very good at the game either, when it was first released. I practiced a lot, and I was eventually ranked 12th in the world. That's when I quit playing, because the DLC never became available. I can understand how you feel, but there's no way Moto Heroz deserves a score like the one you've awarded it. It definitely deserves at least a 9/10.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Nintenbro

@SamuraiShyGuy, did you know some of the originals are still playing Moto Heroz to this very day? I just checked out the online races about a week ago, and I was very surprised to see how active it still is.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

SamuraiShyGuy

Yeah, I checked about a month ago and was surprised. It just got tedious playing the same missions everyday just to maintain your spot on the leaderboards. I can't believe people still care about their online position.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

SKTTR

It has no Pokémon, so a 4/10 is the best it could get.

No honestly, when I got the game I was stuck on the very first level for an hour or so (wanted to get Gold) and I was like "fail buy" and "damn hard ****" (so I see where Bulba comes from).

Then I moved on, played other stages, got Gold later when I was getting used to the amazing physics. Eventually got Gold on all 75 levels and 100% on everything. Got very high in the online boards as well (I think 12th too - hello G4L!) but that´s another story (that made my initial 4/10 rise to a 10/10).

What I´m trying to say is, the game is kinda hard in the beginning, and can only be appreciated after playing more than just a fast rush through the demo.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BulbasaurusRex

G4L wrote:

@BulbasaurusRex, so you awarded Moto Heroz a low score, because you're no good at the game? It requires much practice, much practice my friend. I wasn't very good at the game either, when it was first released. I practiced a lot, and I was eventually ranked 12th in the world. That's when I quit playing, because the DLC never became available. I can understand how you feel, but there's no way Moto Heroz deserves a score like the one you've awarded it. It definitely deserves at least a 9/10.

I didn't say that. Yes, I did mark it down for very unfair difficulty. (I could practice for days and never beat that level, and it's one of the very first ones. Practicing to become better and get farther is one thing; but requiring excessive, very frustrating, and generally unfun practice just to play decently is stepping way over the line, and those old school games people like to reference are just as guilty and just as much deserve to get marked down for it. Why would I want to submit myself to hours and hours of video torture just to gain bragging rights over beating a single game?)

However, I also marked it down for poor genre mixing, poor floaty physics, and game speed that's too fast to reasonably react to the upcoming terrain. I didn't mention it before, but those jungle levels are also too full of leaves and other stuff to sometimes tell what exactly is part of the level.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

BulbasaurusRex

SKTTR wrote:

It has no Pokémon, so a 4/10 is the best it could get.

No honestly, when I got the game I was stuck on the very first level for an hour or so (wanted to get Gold) and I was like "fail buy" and "damn hard ****" (so I see where Bulba comes from).

Then I moved on, played other stages, got Gold later when I was getting used to the amazing physics. Eventually got Gold on all 75 levels and 100% on everything. Got very high in the online boards as well (I think 12th too - hello G4L!) but that´s another story (that made my initial 4/10 rise to a 10/10).

What I´m trying to say is, the game is kinda hard in the beginning, and can only be appreciated after playing more than just a fast rush through the demo.

I usually don't care much to get top rankings on every level. I just can't beat it period. If the full version keeps you from advancing to further levels until you beat the previous ones like in the demo, I'm certainly not going to waste money on a game where I can only gain access to just a few quick stages in the main story mode, online play or no online play.

Edited on by BulbasaurusRex

SKTTR

The demo isn´t like the real game. It is a selection of levels from different worlds. Some of them being very late (and challenging) levels in the actual game! And you can progress at least with a silver medal.

And what is wrong with all those people that don´t have the attention span to learn the course design?
I mean, that´s a given in any racing game ever, so your reasoning is quite worthless. Especially the terrain thing. Of course there are little traps, of course sometimes things get too fast to act quickly enough, and of course some tree leaves will stick out into the foreground, but that is NOT a reason because the second time you play the level you know it´s quirks! And if not you have serious amnesia. It just sounds superlazy for pulling that one out as one of your reasons.

When talking about 2 Fast 4 Gnomz and Robox it was all the same. People just don´t get that some traps are set up deliberately!

Anyway, I couldn´t get into Mario Kart Wii and 3D Pixel Racing as much as I wanted.
There´s always someone who just don´t get it.
Sometimes it´s me, sometimes it´s you.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

accc

The problem I had with Motoheroz is that it simply isn't fun to replay the courses over and over again to learn the traps and what the best way to approach them is. Probably because the game's physics and vehicle controls are extremely wonky, and as a result your vehicle rarely behaves in the way that you'd expect it to. I'd probably give the game a 4/10 as well.

accc

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.