Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 423

spizzamarozzi

@SKTTR: I don't remember which boss gives you the double jump - it's not the narwhal, of that I'm pretty sure. That was actually one of the last power-ups I unlocked. Things get slightly easier once you get the double jump and the glide, but the enemy and trap placement in the levels change every time you get a new power-up, so things might not be as you remember them. In other words, it's still hard as nails.
Power-ups are ok (though some are only useful to reach areas that contain unlockables), but I think the game relies 90% on camo and 10% on power-ups.

You gotta learn how to use camo. It's vital. It took me quite a while to understand how the bloody thing works. The % shown when you activate it indicates how well you blend with the background. Of course if you stand still it is at its peak, if you move, it drops. You want to get a percentage above 80% while moving, so you can sneak behind enemies that don't move (the red fishes), but you still have to move carefully and possibly while they are facing the other way.
Usually I go through a level once or twice to memorize the "key colours" and then head to the camo shop. Don't buy the pre-made ones because they are mostly worthless and you can achieve better results by doing it yourself. I usually start with filling the camo with one dominant colour, then add the details using the spray tool. When it comes to brick walls (like in the factory and pyramid stages) I also draw a brick pattern with the pencil. It takes trial and error I know, and many times I thought I nailed the perfect colour then ended up with a miserable 35%. This is the key to the game and also what makes it unique.

If you try to beat the game without using camo, it becomes simply impossible, as everything that moves can kill you with one hit.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

SKTTR

@spizzamarozzi: enemy placement changing after aquiring a power up? well, that's odd ...

Making selfmade cameos just by remembering different shades of color in a specific stage is hard enough, and collecting tons of butterflies and mixing them up into the right colors is tedious on top of that. I'm not such a fan of trial n error. I'll wait for the update and see if things get more gamey and less worky.

And what's the use of worthless, basic and overpriced default camos? Couldn't they put in at least some fun costumey ones as some kind of bonus?

is the update out already?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

spizzamarozzi

@SKTTR: yeah, a few things change every time you power up, like some enemy placement and trap placement.
It is not that hard to self make camos - yeah, you have to have a good eye for colours but that's it. Most of the ones I made were composed of one dominant colour, which is easy to see and remember, and then I added the touches (usually the same colour, only a darker or lighter shade) on top with the spray tool.
90% of the times you have to use the camo on trees, walls or bushes, so it doesn't have to be intricate, as long as you nail the main colour you are good. The pre-made ones, I didn't mean to say they are totally "worthless" - you can use them but a) you can achieve better results by doing them yourself and b) the pre-made ones are just a handful, so sooner or later you'll need to make some your own anyway.
The update is supposed to come out during the winter season, so it should be close.
here's what is in the free update:

• NEW GAME MODE “SP MISSIONS”

You will be able to access this new game mode from the main menu. It consists on mini-levels for the player to learn all the dynamics of the game.

In addition, the “SP MISSIONS” will also incluide 10 totally new levels. These new levels will be a challenge for all the players.

Furthermore, the “SP MISSIONS” will have its own song, composed buy the author of the Canvaleon's original soundtrack.

• NEW DIFFICULTY LEVELS: “RADAR MODE”, “ORIGINAL MODE” &“EXTREME MODE”.

When starting a new game, the player can choose from three different difficulty levels:

Radar Mode: In this mode, the player will have a "chameleon sense" that detect where the different enemies are located. With the "chameleon sense" the player will be able see everything that can cause damage to Canvas. This mode is perfect for all those players who think that the “original mode” is too difficult for them.

Original Mode: The original Canvaleon's experience.

Extreme Mode: Players who think that the "Original mode" is not very hard, now have a new challenge. In this game mode, if the enemies detect you, you will be defeated and you will have to start the level from its beggining.

• STATISTICS SCREEN:

With the DLC, Canvaleon will have a new statistics screen. You will be able to see easily the levels completed, ranges and times. You can see if you have achieved the villagers and the collectible CD's as well.

• VISUAL & GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS:
  • During the game, Doodle will have more importance because he will communicate more often with Canvas in different situations and will contribute to improve the Canvaleon's gameplay.
  • Now you will know easily if a camouflage will be more effective in a level as you will be able to see if your camouflage is efficient while you are painting, in real time. To do so, you will be able to switch between the different backgrounds of the different levels and worlds of Canvaleon. ¡Stop the trial & error era!
    The game becomes fairer in the calculation of the % of camouflage with the backgrounds.
  • The need to save the game will be reminded through the game. You won't forget to save the game again!
  • We have improved the camera, so the phrase "I can't see the enemy!" will no longer be an excuse to advance in Canvaleon.
  • In addition, the DLC will include some visual enhancements that will detect in a better way some particular elements and enemies at certain stages.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

shani

@dzt99 regarding your question; I'd definitely say Wind Waker HD because Mario 3D World doesn't even come close to what Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 have to offer. I would rather buy Mario 64 before buying 3D World. That game is just so limited, the levels are so narrow and you can't move around freely, the moveset (Mario's classic jumps!) has been completely changed. It's just terrible in my opinion...

Wind Waker HD on the other hand is beautiful and I think (haven't played the original) somewhat improved regarding the gameplay, too.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

dzt99

@shani: Hello

I bought Mario 3D, the reason was i got a far better deal for the game. I played the original Wind Waker so i know what to expect and Wind Waker HD is still a game i want. I'm also hoping i can trade my Xenoblade Chronicles X key with Wind Waker HD.

I always appreciate the simplicity on the mario games, and how fun the overall experience can be. A mario game is never disappointing for me, but i have to play more Mario 3D to have a solid opinion about it.

Thanks for the help

dzt99

dzt99

Hi guys,

So i'm trying to decide between Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and LEGO City: Undercover. I know they are very different but looking at my games list what do you think fits better?

My games list:

Super Mario Maker
New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Captain Toad
The Wonderful 101
Affordable Space Adventures
Fast Racing Neo
Super Smash Bros.
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Roving Rogue
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Mighty Switch Force! 2

dzt99

jump

^if I was you I'd just get whatever game is cheapest if you're not that fussed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

@dzt99: Of these 3, I'd say Lego City:Undercover is the most different game compared to your current list of games.

jariw

SKTTR

Hello, Im back from Mira... was spending the last 60 days for 300 hours on that lovely planet. Personal Top 10 stuff!
I love Xenoblade X. 10/10 best Wii U game

What I did

Step 1: First thing I did was unclothing all characters (don't be afraid, it's just the appearance), then maxing BLADE-Level 10 to collect the stuff you need the field skills for, and all Classes Rank 10, and completing 100% collectopedia of all territories in Mira. Taking up every mission and person on the way, and killing every beast on the way. As long as you don't have a Skell, there's only gain, no lose. Stroll in the city between chapters and pick up any new information you can.

Step 2: Sponsor the shops to Max LV5, especially the one that give you Treasure Sensor and Potential-Up equipment. Get those for all party members from the shop. Upgrade them with new slots from L's machine and use all the useful augments on them. Hunt down what you can, level up to 60.

Step 3: Getting 4 AMDUSIAS Skells and the Flight Module. Getting Mechanic/Bio/Arch Skills up to 5 and activating all probes on the FrontierNav. Search for hidden places. Make a good income of at least 100.000 Miranium and 150.000 Credits.

Step 4: Complete the last chapter.

Step 5: Finding all playable characters, max them to Level 60, Rank 20, Maxing all hearts, and all Arts and Skills to LV5.
Combine this with completing missions, and segments on the maps. I still have one mission left and one segment of one map left before I have 100%, and to avoid spoilers, it's a big one from the Cauldros and a big one from the Noctilum.

Step 6: Farming for Ares90 Skell, so you can kill 95% of the game easily. Then farm 2, 3, or 4 for your comrades to be almost unstoppable. Though the Ares90 is a deadly force, keep in mind you can't change it's weapons or equipment, and to defeat certain monsters you need to customize your own skell with augments and upgrades.

Step 7: Becoming undefeatable with the use of Overclocking. Fill that green SP bar! 3000 isn't enough, bring it up to 7000+. Use talents and augments.
Find good versions of the best weapons by defeating certain monsters. Use Weapon STR UP XX, Melee STR UP XX, Potential Plus XX and other good things on them...
Use a combination of arts that help you gain more overclock time and build up your SP, etc....

Step 8; Sing along to Wir Fliegen and So Nah, So Fern.

Step 9: Make a pause.... and get back to Earth.

Edited on by SKTTR

SKTTR

Oh, and if you need a break and wanna a more relaxing experience I can't recommend Year Walk and The Quiet Collection enough. These are very good point&click-style puzzle adventures. They might be short (3-4 hours if you don't rush) but they cost only 6,99 and 3,49 anyway and I found them very fun to play.

Year Walk was the first game I bought in 2016, and with its snowy theme it just goes well with Winter time (at this point I quickly point to Quiet Collection again, because it fit so nicely into the Winter period as well). Back to Year Walk, I recommend the Wii U version only, because I can't imagine other versions having the same depth and atmosphere lacking two screens, two sound sources, and especially the motion controls. The Wii U has the definite version, even including background stories surrounding the myth (it was a separate app in the mobile release). No wonder Nintendo picked this up for Japanese translation and publishing.

But I got 8 bucks left so I got another one with it.
...and the winner was... Level 22: Gary's Misadventures that sold me on its art style (seen trailer on the eshop). Despite some technical issues like graphic glitches and a buggy ending (could use some polish patch), it's very fun to play. Looks, sounds, and plays like a good, old SNES game. I would describe it as "16-Bit Pacifist Metal Gear".

Edited on by SKTTR

AndyD

I am looking to enjoy some Eshop games for a while. I do not have very many e-shop games. I am mainly a RPG person, but I am just looking for a few games that might be different to just enjoy from time to time. Any suggestions of must have Eshop games?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Blue_Blur

The Cave is an e-shop game that kept my attention for quite a while. It's a very good "pick up and play" game, and is fun to play every now and then. If you like puzzles, then you'll like it a lot! Personally, I don't like puzzle games, but I really seemed to enjoy this game for some reason. I like the many different characters, and the narrator is quite funny at times; my only real complaint is that no matter which characters you choose, you'll always have to go through a few of the same puzzles, which gets repetitive and boring after you do them a couple times. Other than that though, it's a great game!

Shantae & The Pirate's Curse is also a great game. About ten hours in length, but is fantastic all the way through, in my opinion. It can be a little hard at times, but it always feels fair. It's one of my favorite e-shop games, so I totally recommend it!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

AndyD

Blue_Blur wrote:

The Cave is an e-shop game that kept my attention for quite a while. It's a very good "pick up and play" game, and is fun to play every now and then. If you like puzzles, then you'll like it a lot! Personally, I don't like puzzle games, but I really seemed to enjoy this game for some reason. I like the many different characters, and the narrator is quite funny at times; my only real complaint is that no matter which characters you choose, you'll always have to go through a few of the same puzzles, which gets repetitive and boring after you do them a couple times. Other than that though, it's a great game!

Shantae & The Pirate's Curse is also a great game. About ten hours in length, but is fantastic all the way through, in my opinion. It can be a little hard at times, but it always feels fair. It's one of my favorite e-shop games, so I totally recommend it!

Those were two games I was looking at. Thanks! Anyone recommend un Epic?

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

AndyD

dzt99 wrote:

Hi guys,

So i'm trying to decide between Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and LEGO City: Undercover. I know they are very different but looking at my games list what do you think fits better?

My games list:

Super Mario Maker
New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
Captain Toad
The Wonderful 101
Affordable Space Adventures
Fast Racing Neo
Super Smash Bros.
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Roving Rogue
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Mighty Switch Force! 2

Love your gaming list!!

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog

jariw

scubydo wrote:

Those were two games I was looking at. Thanks! Anyone recommend un Epic?

UnEpic is great. Good use of the Gamepad as well.

jariw

WiiWareWave

I was just wondering which would be more worth it at their current price? Rayman Legends and Konami Krazy Karts + Upgrading 1080 Snowboarding (N64) and Ninja Gaiden II (NES)

Or

Purchasing Persona Q for the 3DS? I'm a much bigger fan of RPG's, but I'd like to add to my somewhat small retail collection on my Wii U, plus I'm not sure how often each of the two sale items "Rayman Legends and Persona Q" actually go on-sale and what their standard sale price normally is.

Anyways thanks in advance!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

VanillaLake

I'm a bit confused. Can you buy eShop games on desktop on Nintendo of Europe website or only on Nintendo of America website?

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

jump

VanillaLake wrote:

I'm a bit confused. Can you buy eShop games on desktop on Nintendo of Europe website or only on Nintendo of America website?

Yeah, you can buy them on both but you will need a My Nintendo account which is connected to your Nintendo Id.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VanillaLake

arronishere wrote:

VanillaLake wrote:

Yeah, you can buy them on both but you will need a My Nintendo account which is connected to your Nintendo Id.

Thanks, I see an option to download on the right side of the game site. I was wondering if it was for America only but now I see it's here too.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic