Forums

Topic: Wii U eShop Recommendations thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 423

Stude

aliaric wrote:

KungFu Rabbit is really fun.

I bought this yesterday and put in about an hour on it last night and can confirm that this is true. Love the art style and the controls are tight. Music leaves something to be desired, but that's not a deal breaker as it can easily be played on mute with your own tunes going.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

rockodoodle

MarkS27 wrote:

I have $20 dollars to spend. What are the best Wii U eshop/ virtual console games for this price (or less).

My two favorites are TNT (Tracks and Tricks or something like that) and Castle Storm. Oh, Star Wars and Zen Pinball are cool

rockodoodle

SKTTR

I recommend F1 Race Stars, it's just 12 or 13 bucks (on sale) and worth it for local multiplayer,
It's simple and easy to control, and it's fun to beat the 30 cups, especially with friends versus or team in 4player mode.
(Unfortunately there's no 5player mode).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Kendallcooper

NES remix 2 is great so far. If you liked the first one then you should enjoy this one more as the games are better. Remix 1 and 2 are both good at making me go and purchase these original games off vc because they remind you how much fun they all are.

Nintendo ID: kendallcooper

Kendallcooper

Child of light is a great game...it's a lot of fun and a beautiful game with great music for only 15 dollars.

Nintendo ID: kendallcooper

Datasun_7

Stick it to the man is absolutely brilliant. Definitely recommended by me.

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

erv

Child of light. That is one seriously good game. It's atmospheric, it's fun, it plays like a dream, people should buy it.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jariw

Datasun_7 wrote:

I just got Stick it to the Man myself. It was one of the most original games I've tried, and great GamePad integration!

jariw

Datasun_7

jariw wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I just got Stick it to the Man myself. It was one of the most original games I've tried, and great GamePad integration!

I just used the pro controller so I wouldn't know about the gamepad usage, but the game is amazing, so funny and as you said unique xp
Best indie game on Wii u

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

jariw

Datasun_7 wrote:

I just used the pro controller so I wouldn't know about the gamepad usage, but the game is amazing, so funny and as you said unique xp
Best indie game on Wii u

You get a map with your current location on the GamePad, and the map is drawn in the same crazy style as the rest of the game.

jariw

SKTTR

Stick It To The Man is amazing!

If you're into point&click adventures like Sam&Max or Monkey Island then check this out!
Also, if you like dark humour and creepy artstyle (like in The Cave or Little Inferno), you will love this, so go and stick it to your Wii U!

Everything about this game, graphics, music, presentation, story and style is there, for a fantastic price.
It's just a tad on the easy side, that's all.

liavcol

Hi, I have 6.93$ on my eShop. What game are you recommending for that price?
I'm looking for a game that has some kind of plot. No need for a whole story, I just want a purpose for the game. Even story like the ones of Mario games are ok.

Virtual Console games are also ok although I'm not considering a cutscene before the title screen as a the story...

That's it, if you can tell me a little about the game you are recommending like what is it's story and a little about the gameplay that would be great!
Thanks!

liavcol

Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry

jariw

liavcol wrote:

I'm looking for a game that has some kind of plot. No need for a whole story, I just want a purpose for the game. Even story like the ones of Mario games are ok.

Virtual Console games are also ok although I'm not considering a cutscene before the title screen as a the story...

That's it, if you can tell me a little about the game you are recommending like what is it's story and a little about the gameplay that would be great!
Thanks!

Here are 3 suggestions with humorous story-based games (don't know if anyone matches your price range):

• Stick it to the Man!
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (VC)
  • The Cave

jariw

liavcol

jariw wrote:

liavcol wrote:

Thanks!

Here are 3 suggestions with humorous story-based games (don't know if anyone matches your price range):

• Stick it to the Man!
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (VC)
  • The Cave

I already have "The Cave", really good game. However no, none of the games fit my price range...

liavcol

Action51

I've been playing Advance Wars more then I ever thought I would...there's a ton of content to that game beyond the campaign.

I bought Abyss for $1.99, and it's a great little game that takes some patience, but is rewarding.

Too bad Duck Tales Remastered is no longer on sale, but it's still a decent deal and a lot of fun.

Action51

liavcol

Action51 wrote:

I've been playing Advance Wars more then I ever thought I would...there's a ton of content to that game beyond the campaign.

I bought Abyss for $1.99, and it's a great little game that takes some patience, but is rewarding.

Too bad Duck Tales Remastered is no longer on sale, but it's still a decent deal and a lot of fun.

I was wandering about getting "Abyss" too, how is it? Can you explain a little about the gameplay and story/plot of the game?

liavcol

SKTTR

I recommend Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails.
It became a really satisfying topdown shooter.

Some difficult challenges turned me off in the beginning.
But that's because it's a fresh concept and a pretty fastpaced game, and that takes some time to master.
I like how the varied level design is in flow with the physics and controls. (Quality gameplay design).
Once it became second nature I couldn't stop playing until I got all 104 cats.

I played a few difficult and frustrating games on the eShop.
Scram Kitty doesn't belong in that area.
It's well-balanced, tough for sure, but completable.

My only gripe is that there are no unlockable bonus levels upon completion, so 9/10.

liavcol

SKTTR wrote:

I recommend Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails.
It became a really satisfying topdown shooter.

Some difficult challenges turned me off in the beginning.
But that's because it's a fresh concept and a pretty fastpaced game, and that takes some time to master.
I like how the varied level design is in flow with the physics and controls. (Quality gameplay design).
Once it became second nature I couldn't stop playing until I got all 104 cats.

I played a few difficult and frustrating games on the eShop.
Scram Kitty doesn't belong in that area.
It's well-balanced, tough for sure, but completable.

My only gripe is that there are no unlockable bonus levels upon completion, so 9/10.

Can you tell me what are the difficult and frustrating games you've played? So I'll know to avoid them...

liavcol

Tasuki

Hmmm with all the recommendations for Stick it to the Man I just might have to download it. Will be on the PS4 though since it's this months free game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic