Forums

Topic: Shovel Knight

Posts 101 to 120 of 350

kkslider5552000

SuperPokefan95 wrote:

I haven't gotten Shovel Knight yet but I will get one of them. Are there any huge differences between the Wii U & 3DS version?

The main difference is whether you prefer streetpass or a mix of Miiverse and Dark Souls messages.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinChocolate

ugh.. Plague Knight in boss rush Game+

NinChocolate

Philip_J_Reed

Adam wrote:

Golden armor is the only armor.

AMEN BROTHER

love dat armor. I'm doing my no-money playthrough now, though, and I miss my twinkly flips.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

unrandomsam

Dave24 wrote:

LDXD wrote:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Wow, this game is actually pretty good. I was expecting an over hype... also, some reviewer complained about bad controls. They were wrong.

whichever reviewer complained about the controls clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about

Unless he was playing on PC, on which there is a lock-up sometimes or input lag.

Beat the game, took me 8:15 hrs with most things done (6 missing musical sheets) and it was awesome. Although there could be more boss battles like Thinker Knight, it was awesome.

LDXD wrote:

BTW has anyone accidentally hit and broke a glass checkpoint? Not good lol

Why? I've beat a whole stage without checkpoints and turkeys - it is possible, you only must be little more careful.

Is it fixed now the control issues on the PC version ? (I know there is an update).

I am done waiting. Its going to be ages before it is released in the EU on Nintendo platforms.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Discostew

Currently attempting to do a bunch of feats at once.

• Beat the game in under 1 hour at 30 minutes
  • Beat the game without dying
  • Beat the game without falling into any bottomless pits
  • Beat the game without spending any gold
  • Beat the game without any relics
  • Destroy all possible checkpoints

Currently at 1 hour 3 minutes with the final 2 levels remaining.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

dumedum

Really loving the game. Really liking the game pad usage - changing relics on the spots, and the cool inner-game Miiverse inclusion.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

dumedum

Gridatttack wrote:

Figured I ask here too.

Should I get this or retro city rampage?

I was just thinking how I love those two games. Shovel Knight actually reminded me how much I love Retro City Rampage.. the simple graphics, the complete perfection and fun to go along. I would actually get Retro City Rampage first...

The mapping of the controls is really nice. I mapped the relics button to ZR, dig that.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

MoonKnight7

Has anyone experienced a glitch regarding the Tinker Knight level? You know how it's a two part battle. Every time I defeat the first the battle, Shovel Knight then goes into his victory stance, I cannot move him and Tinker Knight just starts shooting in his giant machine, and just loops continuously. I have to restart the level every time and it's getting very annoying.

Switch: SW-5604-4754-2312
3DS: 1547-5509-1587
Wii U: Sherlok

Switch Friend Code: SW-5604-4754-2312 | 3DS Friend Code: 1547-5509-1587 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlok

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

@MoonKnight7 That's a known issue and they're working on it.

Is that just the Wii U version or both?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MoonKnight7

@CanisWolfred

I can't speak for both, but it has happened on my 3DS version.

@Spoony_Tech

Cool, thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear it's already being worked on.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5604-4754-2312 | 3DS Friend Code: 1547-5509-1587 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlok

Spoony_Tech

MoonKnight7 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

I can't speak for both, but it has happened on my 3DS version.

@Spoony_Tech

You thanked the wrong guy but I'm sure he got the idea of it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MoonKnight7

@Spoony_Tech

You are quite right, I shall correct this right now. Sometimes I get lost in these topic forums.

@CanisWolfred

Discostew

@MoonKnight7 I have the Wii U version, and I never experienced this problem.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

MrGameluvr

@MoonKnight7 I heard this glitch only occurs if you perform a Shovel Drop on Tinker Knight at the end of the first phase. If you avoid doing that you should be fine.

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7646-0932.
Nintendo Network ID: MrGameluvr92

kkslider5552000

This game reconfirms that Mario 3 had the best overworld. The only reason I'd say it has a better map than this is because it had more worlds and thus more interesting things going on (unless this changes super late into the game). But the fact that this is anything like Mario 3's map deserves praise (even though being like Mario 3 was blatantly the point).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Downloaded this yesterday for my 3DS. What an absolute gem. It's way too short, though. I'm almost done with it...

I'm just going to say it: Shovel Knight for next Smash!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

jariw

According to the latest weekly download chart (presumably for the US, since it's not on the european eShop yet). Pretty impressive downloads for Shovel Knight, since the top 4 has always been MK8 free downloads for many weeks now.
http://nintendoeverything.com/wii-u-eshop-charts-7214/

1. Zelda: Wind Waker HD
2. Pikmin 3
3. Shovel Knight
4. New Super Mario Bros. U
5. Wii Party U

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Sorry, this topic has been locked.