Forums

Topic: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

LadyCharlie

@DefHalan: Originally, it was to be released in Winter 2015-2016. But that time has come and gone.

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

DefHalan

@CharlieSmile: I am pretty sure they said it has been delayed.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MetalKingShield

It might actually have been delayed for NX. I know that might sound far-fetched for a downloadable game, but WayForward's main audience is probably still Nintendo fans.

MetalKingShield

DefHalan

@MetalKingShield: They could just support the NX and the Wii U. They don't have to drop support for one to support another. The game is already coming to like 8 different platforms

MetalKingShield

@DefHalan: Yeah, of course, but it could still be a reason to delay all versions until the NX is out, like what happened with Twilight Princess and what most of us are assuming is happening to Zelda Wii U.

MetalKingShield

DefHalan

@MetalKingShield: I highly doubt they would do that. I think the game is just going to be delayed and then the NX will be announced and they will support it, but I doubt they would delay the release for all systems just for 1 unknown system.

Dezzy

MetalKingShield wrote:

It might actually have been delayed for NX. I know that might sound far-fetched for a downloadable game, but WayForward's main audience is probably still Nintendo fans.

The kickstarter promised Wii U. They wouldn't annoy backers like that. Might do both though.
I'll prob go for the Vita version anyway.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Looks like Wayforward has a few more characters for their next game...
https://wayforward.com/news/2016/04/youll-never-guess-who-wev...

There is also a countdown. Less than 3 hours.

Edited on by DefHalan

OorWullie

Games now up on the Eshop,purchasing it now

I would normally wait for a review but I loved the last one so much I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.Plus I got it in the Humble Bundle so I feel like I owe them one.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

OorWullie

Well I've been playing it for around 45 minutes so I thought I'd give some first impressions.I'm not that good at these kind of things but I'll do my best.

Graphically it looks great,bright,colourful and charming just like Pirate's Curse although it has lost a little of its charm without the pixel art.

The music is a mixed bag so far.I loved much of the soundtrack to PC and what's here all sounds rather familiar,very upbeat,oriental yet not quite as good.A couple of the tunes were actually grating on me and there is one especially near the start with a female singing that I thought was awful.I can't recall if the same tune or similar featured in PC but I hope I never have to hear it again it was that bad.Sound effects are great just like PC with the cute little voices featuring during some of the text.

Gameplay is just what you'd expect but with the addition of animal forms.I've only got one so far,the monkey for climbing walls,but there's room for 3 more.It all starts out very similar to PC in gameplay and story.A lot of the same characters are back but I've found some of the humour so far a little bit flat.PC had me chuckling quite a few times with the humour so hopefully that'll improve.

As I said,I've not been playing too long but I'm feeling optimistic I'm going to enjoy it.So far it just seems like more of Pirate's Curse and I'm happy with that.PC was a fairly lengthy adventure so hopefully this will at least match it.

So I guess if you liked Pirates Curse,you'll enjoy this just as much.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

MetalKingShield

Thanks very much for that, @OorWullie. I'm a bit unsure about this entry, but will have to play it.

MetalKingShield

LadyCharlie

CharlieSmile wrote:

@DefHalan: Originally, it was to be released in Winter 2015-2016. But that time has come and gone.

at least Wayforward technically hit the Winter 2016 release date...

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

sentiententity

Downloading it now... it'll be the first shantae game I've played. Will let you know what I think.

sentiententity

Blue_Blur

I've been playing this for the past couple days, and I'm enjoying every minute of it! I'll have to finish the game to decide if I like it better than Pirate's Curse, but I already like it more than Risky's Revenge.

So if you're a fan of the previous Shantae games, I recommend trying Half-Genie Hero!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Late

I backed this game on kickstarter but I wasn't able to redeem my game since I was visiting my family for Christmas. Now I remembered that I got the code and tried it out. I just came here to ask if I was supposed to get the bat transformation as the second dance or did I do some kind of sequence breaking. The dance is located in the mermaid place and I just jumped with the monkey transformation to see if I can get to the platform that seemed like it was too far away and was surprised that I could get up. It didn't seem quite right though since I was clinging in the air instead of the wall which was still a bit too high. I think I wasn't supposed to do that. Has anyone else experienced this?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Untitled

Friends to the End!

Sky, Bolo, and Rotty to the Rescue!

Howdy Backers! We’ve got some special news for you today – a first look at our next major Half-Genie Hero expansion, “Friends to the End”! Up until now, we’ve referred to this one as simply “friends mode”: the stretch goal that adds Sky, Bolo, and Rottytops as playable heroes. Today we’re ready to pull back the curtain and show off this awesome new addition!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-...

A tonne more information at the link.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

BulbasaurusRex

Can anyone remind me how to jump on Sky's seagull platforms in Friends to the End? It won't let me replay the tutorial without erasing my progress.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.