Forums

Topic: Lost Reavers

Posts 101 to 120 of 194

Monkey_Balls

@Tsurii: The only way to boot players is by disbanding the room. :/

@Pahvi: Had you already transported the mission relic before facing the boss(es)? As @Waluigi mentioned, it only dropped weapon crates for us; however, we had taken the mission relic to the exit first. On other occasions I've faced the boss without collecting the original relic, and it dropped relics. I'm wondering if returning the mission relic first somehow "ends" the mission and stops the boss from dropping more?

I also think decryption involves the analogue-sticks (either both or just the left one). Unless I'm imagining it, if you spin the stick(s) to match the meter you can slow it down and hold it in place, but it still seems to be hit and miss.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Monkey_Balls

@Pahvi: Hm, it sounds like the boss drops are random then.

The 3-star missions (unlocked at level 25) are pretty much impossible in single player, and there doesn't seem to be anybody online at a high enough level to join me. The enemies are stronger/faster, the obstacles take much longer to complete, and if you walk away - very likely due to being constantly attacked - they reset. I haven't managed to get past the first obstacle yet!

@Undead_terror @Waluigi @SheldonRandoms @Thaswizz @anyonewhoishalfdecent Get your butts up to level 25; I need some help!

Edited on by Monkey_Balls

Monkey_Balls

Akane

I finally had some time to play this and I got disappointed by the end of my second game. The first game went really well and my team played excellently. In the second game we got this one idiot though who kept staying away from the green progress areas spamming messages. We got to the very end of the mission, and me and another player (we were playing a three-player game) were in the extraction area ready to go. But the jackass decided to just fight the neverending zombie wave, every once in a while getting in chokeholds. He refused to come to the extraction area for minutes. When he finally came, he decided it was funny to keep leaving the extraction area right before the counter hit zero. He kept doing this repeatedly.

I tried to find a way to put this troll on my black list but apparently there is not such a thing? I got so frustrated at his antics that I just decided to leave from the game.

But I have to ask: is this a big problem with this game? Is it filled with trolls that just keep on being a hindrance? If it is, I don't think I will be downloading the full version, especially since it doesn't seem to have a way for you to choose who you don't want to play with.

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Akane

Tsurii wrote:

And I was actually looking forward to Lost Reavers before the beta... :/

This applies to me so much. I really was looking forward the game and I do enjoy the gameplay. But it's not really a pleasant experience when there's no tools with which to fight trolls. I guess the only thing we can do is post on Miiverse about them but that still won't be very effective.

Maybe playing with people who you know would be better but I can't really schedule a playdate that would work well for all my friends.

SKTTR

If there's a troll, all you can do is instantly cleaning the room, throwing everyone out, and opening up a new one.
Fortunately trolls don't level up as fast as real players, so you can leave them behind on the low level stages once you are LV25+.
Sure, I would like to ban a couple of players from my rooms like the one called BadMoon, as they waste a huge amount of time and just crap on the other 3 players that are working hard.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

VelvetElvis

Do we know if save data will in any way transfer to the final build?

VelvetElvis

VelvetElvis

Oi. Thanks, @Undead_terror, appreciate the heads up. I think I'll hold off on any more beta playtime, in that case.

VelvetElvis

Akane

@SKTTR: @Pahvi: Welp, they better give us a way to get rid of the trolls in the final build then.

I guess I'll try the game again when it's fully released. I won't be touching the beta before then though.

Also save data not transferring to the final build will be annoying. I don't want to go through the tutorial again. Thank goodness I did not go through it with all four characters...

Monkey_Balls

@Nego @Tsurii I've put about 60 hours into the game and only encountered one or two idiots in that time. The trolling is pretty much non-existent when compared to games like CoD.

@Undead_terror @Pahvi @VelvetElvis Are we sure our progress won't transfer across? The beta was supposed to finish on the 24th but it's still running. The full game is released on the 28th - I can't see them stopping the beta at this time. Nor can I see them suddenly resetting everybody back to zero two days from now. Surely doing so would put people off? Or is that how betas normally work?

Monkey_Balls

Akane

@Monkey_Balls: Then again trolling in CoD is different outside of the Zombie mode. You don't need all teammembers in order to progress in the level in that game whereas you need them in Lost Reavers. Matches in CoD end after a set time/score limit so trolls do not matter - you can still win the match on your own (if you are really good). But considering there's no timer in Lost Reavers nor is it possible to win without co-operation the situation is very different and very annoying if you don't have hours to spare waiting for a troll to stop clowning around.

SKTTR

@Pahvi You can reset skill points by either using a rare item, I don't know what it's called, "memory killer" or something along the lines. You get 5 of them for free with every character, or you can use 1000 medals. You get all your skill points back to spend them in better ways.
I think you need to press X or Y in the skill tree menu.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Monkey_Balls

Well, the beta is no longer accessible and the full game is now on the eShop (although can't be downloaded until the 28th). Also, the beta Miiverse community has been deleted. I've noticed the save data is in the Wii U's memory (rather than on a server?) so maybe (hopefully) our progress will carry across, but I doubt it. The game is strangely addictive - now I can't access it I really want to play!

@Nego: You're right; they are different games, but I only mentioned CoD as a comparison example. It's the same principle - meeting up with strangers - and you will always find idiots when playing online. My point was that when compared to other online games, Lost Reavers has very few trolls: 60+ hours and I've met maybe 2 in all that time, whereas Black Ops 2 (for example) is full of them. It's a shame you met trolls so early into the game which (understandably) put you off.

Monkey_Balls

Akane

@Monkey_Balls: I probably met them so early because I was so low level. I was on level 4 when the troll appeared. Someone said earlier in this thread that once you level up, the amount of low-leveled players in your games will also drop.

Akane

I just downloaded the full version. It's making me do the tutorial again. So I guess all progress in the beta is lost as well.

Monkey_Balls

@Nego @Pahvi Yeah, as expected we have to start from scratch, but we get extra XP for the first week which kind of makes up for it - I've reached level 17 within 3 hours, which probably took about 25-30 hours in the beta.

However, leveling up so quickly has definitely removed something from the game. With less grinding you don't collect the items/medals for upgrades that you usually would. Even though I have unlocked later missions I feel too underpowered to play them, plus it feels undeserved (it was more rewarding to unlock stuff after hours of grinding, and I've already met players at level 40+ who still don't seem to know what they're doing). I think I would have preferred to not have the extra XP and just leveled up as before, collecting and upgrading along the way...

Apparently some bugs have been fixed, although the not-being-able-to-hit glitch is still present, and the leaderboards seem to be messed up. Plus, I hate that the tutorial is compulsory (for each character, I might add). I've seen a few new costumes, and more items are available in the eShop (£2.09 for one analysis chip!), but apart from that it seems no different to the beta.

There are still only two environments available - Research Facility and Ancient Ruins - although they go up to 4-star missions now. However, I've seen a YouTube video showing a Japanese Temple theme, plus there are "special missions" in the menu (whatever they are), so maybe there is more to discover.

Monkey_Balls

Akane

@Monkey_Balls: I kept running for the items and medals but the others got them every single time. I did however seemingly manage to get some crates but I guess those are just ammo since they didn't show up the results screen? It definitely is competitive when it comes to collecting treasure though.

Sadly I only got to play Ancient Ruins but it doesn't really matter.

Rumorlife

You can delete the Beta Version app after starting the main download right? Lol dumb question but sometimes they're hairy as to when you can take away the demo.

I'm surprised this interests me after the online multiplayer LoZ 3DS thing didn't interest me

Rumorlife

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.