Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posts 1 to 20 of 113

Spoony_Tech

How is this topic not made yet?

I'll just drop this here for all of those that have never experienced this series of games before. To me this is the greatest trilogy of any kind gaming movies or whatever else you can think of. I envy those experiencing this game for the first time!

I really hope this is a sign that someone is working on a Prime style Metroid game for the Wii U! I can dream can't I?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

veeflames

It's not available on the NA eShop yet...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

MERG

@Tech...first time for me.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

MERG wrote:

@Tech...first time for me.

Hope you enjoy it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

VanillaLake

Even if you own the original games like I do, this download is highly recommended. You get the best version of three amazing games for €10. Hopefully, Nintendo does this kind of things more often from now on.

And yes, it's very probable that we get a new Metroid game soon, although I really hope it's like Prime and not like Other M.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0258-0952 | Nintendo Network ID: NNID-Fer

Eel

I want this so bad, but I don't have eshop credit

I really hope I can buy a prepaid card this week.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

VanillaLake

This is just the best value you can get on any Nintendo console for that amount of money.

I really don't like the navigation bar of Nintendo Life continuously reappearing while browsing!!

ricklongo

As someone who tends to loathe first-person games, I've had the line "but at least try Metroid Prime!" thrown at me quite often. I'd like to do it, and it seems now is as good a time as there'll ever be... and yet there's the wiimote requirement. Yuck.

I can overlook one huge turn-off in order to enjoy a critically acclaimed game, but that makes it two for me.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

Ryno

Swiket wrote:

Should I buy this or Meme Run?

Meme Run, this is just another Nintendo re-re-release with no additional upgrades. Meme Run is a new experience and has tons of replayability.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Spoony_Tech

ricklongo wrote:

As someone who tends to loathe first-person games, I've had the line "but at least try Metroid Prime!" thrown at me quite often. I'd like to do it, and it seems now is as good a time as there'll ever be... and yet there's the wiimote requirement. Yuck.

I can overlook one huge turn-off in order to enjoy a critically acclaimed game, but that makes it two for me.

It shouldn't be played any other way. Wiimote controls are excellent for this game.

MERG said:

Ryno

Spoony_Tech wrote:

ricklongo wrote:

It shouldn't be played any other way. Wiimote controls are excellent for this game.

Agreed, these games have the greatest FPS controls of all time and that's that bottom line because Ryno said so!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Late

I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy in 2011. I thought I would never find it since it became rare so fast and was very surprised when I saw a brand new copy of it for 30€. I'll get the digital version just to support Wii games on eShop and to be able to play Prime without a disc

@ricklongo: Wiimote + Nunchuk combo is the best setup for FPS games. I hate dual analog and while I like keyboard + mouse combo, Wiimote (in my opinion) is just so much faster and precise. It feels very natural.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Dezzy

Can someone point me to info on the filesize of this?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VanillaLake

I don't usually like motion controls but controlling Metroid Prime with a Wii Remote and a nunchuk is wonderful. Even for other shooters like Goldeneye Wii if you set it up properly, it's a much better way to play them. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition was also great because of the Wii Remote.

ricklongo

@Spoony_Tech @Late @Ryno Well, I do hate motion controls, but the wiimotes have the additional burden of not being rechargeable. I hate having to charge separate batteries all the time, especially because electrical sockets are kind of an in-demand commodity at my apartment. I feel that if Nintendo released a wiimote that was rechargeable via USB, like the Pro Controller is, I'd be much more willing to use them to clear my Wii backlog a bit.

Either way, reading all this makes me a bit more interested in taking advantage of the ridiculously low release price. 10 bucks seems like a steal for three full-lenght, critically-acclaimed games. I'm starting to feel like I won't be able to resist the urge.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

jariw

ricklongo wrote:

Well, I do hate motion controls, but the wiimotes have the additional burden of not being rechargeable.

FWIW, I have one rechargeable original Nintendo Wiimote. Charges very fast.

jariw

Tasuki

Is it only motion controls or can I use the Classic Controller on these?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic