Forums

Topic: Let's buy eShop games 2015-2016 thread!

Posts 61 to 80 of 84

SKTTR

spizzamarozzi wrote:

I am getting ready for the big push of the end of the year - November/December was a great time for the eShop last year so I'm confident it's going to be great this year too. If everything goes according to plan, a few heavy hitters such as Typoman, Fast Racing NEO and RIVE should be released shortly.
I'm such an idiot for not getting Runbow when it was released, because buying that before October 22 would have given me a 30% discount on The Fall and a 50% discount on Chariot - two games that have been on my wishlist since day-1.
Canvaleon is on sale in EU so I'm going to snatch that soon. Tomorrow is Monday so I'm going to wait for the Nintendo Weekly Download news to see what else gets slashed and possibly buy a €15 eShop card to get multiple games.

50% off Chariot? How did I miss that?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

kkslider5552000

Bought Freedom Planet. I've been terrible at playing newer video games this year btw.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

spizzamarozzi

New update: Nova 111 and Canvaleon.

Nova-111: ok this is a very interesting exploration game that mixes turn-based and real time action. Basically you explore levels with your space-ship and every move you make, the enemies also make a move, but there are elements, like environmental traps, projectiles or even other enemies that move in real time, so there is a fresh mixture of chess-like and real time action. As you progress, you get new tools to add to your arsenal like a laser beam, a teleporter or a device that stops time, and all these power-ups are used to go through the levels solving puzzles or destroying enemies. Throughout the levels you also have to uncover secret nooks and rescue scientists.
I'm having a good time with Nova-111 - the mechanics are intriguing, the "scientific" puzzles are clever and it requires a good balance of action and thought. You definitely get your money's worth in quantity of levels, as there are (I think) four worlds, each divided into 5 macro-stages + a boss stage, and each macro-stage is divided into three separate levels (IIRC).
The problem I'm having is in some kind of anti-player decisions that are really pissing me off. First, the game doesn't tell you how many scientists you have to rescue per level but only tells you that number at the end screen of the macro-stage. You have to write that number down otherwise you'll forget it. You are never sure how many scientists will be in a certain level because you only know the total number of the macro-stage, so it's very frustrating when you get to the end and it tells you you have rescued 7 scientists out of 8 and you have no idea which of the three levels you haven't explored enough. Add to that that you can't go back to a certain level at will, but you have to replay the macro-stage from the beginning, and it really gets annoying.
Most of the levels, especially after the early ones, feature many one-way doors and other devices that make it impossible for you to go back and explore some more. When you get near the exit and think "hey, I only got one scientist in this level, there has to be more" and try to backtrack and can't because of the level design, it is very annoying.
Another thing is that most of the secret nooks that hide powerups and scientists are hidden behind "fake walls", so in order not to miss anything, you have to bump against every inch of wall. All these annoyances wouldn't be much of a problem if you could access every level at will, but as it is now Nova-111 is just a "clever" game with its fun factor undermined by some silly choices that could be fixed.

Canvaleon: a lovely "stealth platformer" that legitimately looks like a 32-bit 2D game. The point of the game is to create your own camouflage skins so you can sneak past the enemies and get to the end of the levels. There are many stages, each with its own theme, with good level design, boss fights against giant characters, secrets to uncover and so on.
You have access to most of the levels from the get go, so at the beginning it's hard because you have no extra ability, no experience making camouflage and no knowledge of how the enemies behave (and what's their sight range), so your early hours will be pain, pain and more pain. Once you get better (with trial and error) and become good at understanding the colours for the camouflage, the game opens up and it becomes super pleasant to play, despite the high difficulty level and the lack of checkpoints. Everytime you beat a boss you earn a new ability, like the double jump or the glide, and evertime you improve the rest of the levels changes accordingly by placing stronger enemies in new areas or by adding traps where there weren't, which I found brilliant.
Most of the flaws I have run into seem to have been acknowledged by the devs and will be addressed in a free downloadable update that also adds a ton of new game modes. The update is due this month so it's pointless to mention the flaws when the update is imminent, so I'll write more after playing the DLC. Don't get fooled by the looks because Canvaleon is a proper game, and if the DLC delivers what it promises, then it has the potential to become one of the best games on the eShop.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

kkslider5552000

I got Gunman Clive 2 on 3DS. Honestly, Xenoblade immediately took all the space of that SD card so I'm think I'll need another SD Card reader if I want more downloadable Wii U games.

faint

January to September is a few pages back.
September to now is

Never alone
Adventures of pip
Alphadia genesis
Blek
Fatal Frame
Gunman Clive hd
Chariot
Extreme Exorcism

Just added on 12/25
Costume quest 2
Forma 111
The swindle

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

spizzamarozzi

23. Affordable Space Adventures
24. FAST Racing Neo
25. Life of Pixel
26. EDGE
27. RUSH

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

SKTTR

...since last post:

Disc Downloads:

• Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Game & Wario

eShop:

• Affordable Space Adventures
  • Word Party
  • Typoman

VC:

• Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (NDS)
  • Kirby Mass Attack (NDS)
  • Kirby Power Paintbrush (NDS)

Wii Disc:

• Klonoa

Pimmen

I bought 43 games in total from the eShop during 2015.

eShop:
1. Darts Up
2. Blok Drop U
3. Blek
4. Tengami
5. Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion
6. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
7. Tetrobot & co.
8. Guac'a Mole
9.Puzzle Monkeys
10. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
11. Ultratron
12. Fullblast
13. Ice Cream Surfer
14. Chariot
15. Cube Life: Island Survival
16. ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions
17. Year Walk
18. Paper Monsters Recut
19. OlliOlli
20. Race The Sun
21. Nano Assault Neo
22. AVGN Adventures
23. Never Alone
24. Star Sky
25. Fast Racing Neo
26. Pumped BMX+
27. Zombie Defense
28. Wicked Monsters Blast
29. Stealth Inc 2
30. Kung Fu FIGHT

Virtual Console:
1. Namco Museum
2. Wrecking Crew
3. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
4. Gradius
5. Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
6. Mario & Yoshi
7. Super Mario Bros 2
8. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
9. Mario Sports Mix
10. Pocky & Rocky With Becky
11. Axelay
12. Super Mario Ball
13. Wario Land 4

Edited on by Pimmen

Pimmen

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9830-3316 | Nintendo Network ID: Kejsarn

kkslider5552000

I will say, while this wasn't nearly as many games as I got the year before on the eShop and not all the games I wanted to get before the year ended (most notably stuff like NES Remix 2 and recent games like Steam World Heist and Fast Racing Neo), tbh I bought and especially PLAYED like 1/3 of the games I normally do in 2015 so it evens out. Seriously, check the first page, only the first 3 games on my list I've even played. O_o

2016: The year I play video games again. I hope...

(note: if someone wants to make this thread for 2016, they totally can)

spizzamarozzi

kkslider5552000 wrote:

(note: if someone wants to make this thread for 2016, they totally can)

@kkslider5552000: No, it has to be you - it's kinda like a tradition now (albeit a very young one).

Anyway, I bought my final games for 2015 right before the end of the year:

28. Armillo
29. The Swindle

Bringing the total to a surprising 29 (2014 was 21 I think). The thing is, most of the games were bought with some sort of discount, and only two out of 29 were bought for full price - the awful Cosmophony (not sure what I was thinking) and the very good FAST Racing Neo. This year is an unknown - I might as well not buy anything until the next Christmas Sale...

SKTTR

..since last post:

Disc Downloads:

• Legend of Kay Anniversary

eShop:

9/10 Life of Pixel
8/10 Human Resource Machine
8/10 Toto Temple Deluxe!
7/10 Canvaleon
7/10 Shiftlings
6/10 Electronic Super Joy
6/10 Zombie Defense
5/10 Star Sky
4/10 Momonga Pinball Adventures
X/10 Napster

Edited on by SKTTR

gardevoir7

Here's the games I bought:

3DS eShop:
Shovel Knight
Mario Party Island Tour
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros
I've got to Run: Complete Edition
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Boxboy
Terraria

Virtual Console:
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Sonic Labyrinth
Super Mario Land 2
Link's Awakening DX
3D Classics: Xevious
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Wii U:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Don't Starve: Giant Edition
I've Got to Run

My signature is lame.

3DS Friend Code: 1650-3465-8205 | Nintendo Network ID: Gardevoir7

faint

I was under the impression that this was an indie/eshop only thread. If people start bringing in vc games to point out Mario and friends downloads won't that water down the point of this thread?

[email protected]

gardevoir7

@faint: I kinda just thought this was a thread all about what we bought on the eShop in 2015. Guess I misunderstood ^-^'

My signature is lame.

3DS Friend Code: 1650-3465-8205 | Nintendo Network ID: Gardevoir7

faint

@gardevoir7: wasn't trying to call you out. The question was for the op. It's my fault for not mentioning that. Your not the first to post vc titles. When this thread started it was more about supporting indies and limited releases. I was just wondering if this has changed.

[email protected]

SKTTR

This is my newest stuff....

Wii U eShop:

9/10 The Binding of Isaac Rebirth (Nicalis / Edmund McMillen)
9/10 Year Walk (Simogo / Dakko Dakko)
8/10 Super Meat Boy (BlitWorks / TEAM MEAT)
8/10 Asdivine Hearts (KEMCO / EXE-CREATE)
8/10 Shadow Puppeteer (Sarepta Studio / Snow Cannon Games)
8/10 The Quiet Collection (Nostatic Software)
8/10 Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge (Nintendo)
8/10 Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Nintendo)
8/10 FreezeME (Rainy Night Creations)
8/10 LOST REAVERS (BANDAI NAMCO Games)
8/10 Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey - New 'n' Tasty! (Oddworld Inhabitants)
7/10 The Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack Games)
7/10 Secret Files Tunguska (Deep Silver)
7/10 Level 22 - Gary's Misadventures (Moving Player / Noego)
7/10 Chariot (Frima Studio)
7/10 Paranautical Activity (Digerati / Code Avarice / Saturnine Games)
7/10 U Host (Bear Box Media)
7/10 Jones on Fire (Joindots / Glass Bottom Software)
6/10 Kung Fu FIGHT! (Nostatic Software)
6/10 Race The Sun (Flippfly)
5/10 Star Sky 2 (JMJ Interactive)
5/10 Tabletop Gallery (RCMADIAX)
4/10 Blocky Bot (Mobot Studios)
3/10 Ascent of Kings (Nostatic Software)
3/10 BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX)
3/10 Joe's Diner (Joindots / VIS-Games / UIG Entertainment)
2/10 Stone Shire (Finger Gun Games)
2/10 The Grumpy Reaper (EnjoyUp Games / Drakhar Studio)

Wii U Retail:

• Star Fox Zero
  • Star Fox Guard
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER

Wii U DLC:

• New Super Mario Bros. U - New Super Luigi U
  • Pikmin 3 - Monster Level Pack
  • Runbow - Lilac

Wii U Apps:

• LOST REAVERS - OPEN BETA
  • Sense by Play.me

Wii U Demos:

• LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS
  • Pokémon Tekken
  • SDK Spriter
  • Typoman
  • Word Puzzles by POWGI
  • ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension!

Wii U VC:

• Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (NDS)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Super Mario Advance - Super Mario Bros. 2 (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World (GBA)
  • Super Mario Advance 4 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA)

amiibo:

• Super Smash Bros. Shulk
  • Super Smash Bros. Ike
  • Super Smash Bros. Falco
  • Super Smash Bros. Palutena
  • Super Smash Bros. Daraen
  • Super Smash Bros. Lucina
  • Super Smash Bros. Little Mac
  • Super Smash Bros. Kirby
  • Super Smash Bros. Jigglypuff
  • Super Smash Bros. Wario
  • Super Mario Maker: 30th Anniversary Mario
  • Yoshi's Woolly World: Blue Yarn-Yoshi
  • Yoshi's Woolly World: Pink Yarn-Yoshi
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wolf Link
  • Shovel Knight

Sorry, my list got so long since last time I posted.

Edited on by SKTTR

RedFinch

Wow, that is SOME list! I too am a compulsive game collector and constantly buying new games... I will never have time to finish (or even try) them all.

RedFinch

DefHalan

@Hey-Cha-La well, during the fame drought before the NX comes out is a good time to play lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.