Forums

Topic: Let's buy eShop games 2015-2016 thread!

Posts 41 to 60 of 84

Pimmen

I bought Ultratron last week, but haven't had the time to play it yet.

Pimmen

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9830-3316 | Nintendo Network ID: Kejsarn

KryptoniteKrunch

1) Steel Empire(3DS)
2) Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition(Wii U)
3) Mighty Switch Force! 2(Wii U)
4) Moon Chronicles S1(3DS)
5) Xeodrifiter(3DS)
6) ATV Wild Ride 3D(3DS)
7) Elliot Quest(Wii U)
8) Ironfall Invasion(3DS)
9) The Fall(Wii U)
10) Stealth Inc. 2(Wii U)
11) OlliOlli(3DS and Wii U)
12) SteamWorld Dig(Wii U)
13) Woah Dave!(3DS)

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

jump

I saw on Ebay someone was selling £150 worth of Eshop vouchers for £100 so at a 3rd off the price I though it was a good deal and save me money in the long run but what I didn't know is you can only have at max £120 worth of credit on your account so plus what was already on my account I had to go on a splurge and bought a bunch of games last night including;

OliOli,
The Legend Of The Dark Witch
Cave Story
Retro City Rampage
Gunman Clive 2
Aura-Aura Climber
Hana Samurai Art of the Sword
Cosmophony

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

spizzamarozzi

small update w/ complete 2015 list:

OlliOlli / Shantae & the Pirate's Curse / Tetrobot & Co. / Wooden Sensey / Puddle / D&D Chronicles of Mystara / Lone Survivor Director's Cut / The Swapper / Thomas Was Alone / Unepic / Spy Chameleon / Rock 'N Racing Off Road / Another World 20th A.E. / Citizens of Earth / Ittle Dew / Stick it to the Man / Might Switch Force 2 / Paper Monster Recut / Cosmophony / Puzzle Monkeys / Nova-111 / Canvaleon / Affordable Space Adventures / FAST Racing Neo / Life of Pixel / EDGE / RUSH / Armillo / The Swindle

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

SKTTR

Halftime 2015 - the Wii U eShop games I got from January to June:

9/10 Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward)
9/10 Don't Starve - Giant Edition (Klei Entertainment / BlitWorks)
8/10 Citizens of Earth (Atlus / Eden Industries)
8/10 The Fall (Over The Moon Games)
8/10 Tetrobot & Co. (Neko Entertainment / Swing Swing Submarine)
8/10 Underground (Grendel Games)
8/10 Ittle Dew (Ludosity)
8/10 OlliOlli (Curve Digital / Roll7)
8/10 Trine - Enchanted Edition (Frozenbyte)
8/10 Ultratron (Curve Digital / Puppygames)
7/10 Nihilumbra (BeautiFun Games)
7/10 High Strangeness (Midnight City / Barnyard Intelligence Games)
7/10 Blek (Broken Rules / kunabi brother)
7/10 Gravity Badgers (Wales Interactive)
7/10 Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games / Unfinished Pixel)
7/10 Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward)
7/10 Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games)
6/10 amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classics Highlights (Nintendo)
6/10 FullBlast (EnjoyUp Games / Ufo Crash Games)
6/10 Wooden Sen'SeY (Neko Entertainment / Upper Byte Studio)
6/10 Family Tennis SP (Shin'en Multimedia / Arc System Works)
5/10 Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia)
5/10 Rock 'N Racing Off Road (EnjoyUp Games)
4/10 Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia)
3/10 My Style Studio: Notebook (Cypronia)
2/10 Chimpuzzle Pro (CW-Games)
1/10 My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia)

Actually, if Citizens of Earth hadn't been so buggy it would be my number 1 game.

And for the record here are the 2015 Wii U eShop games I have on my to-get list:

• Affordable Space Adventures (KnapNok Games / Nifflas' Games)
  • Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo)
  • Elliot Quest (PlayEveryWare / Ansimuz Games)
  • Alphadia Genesis (Kemco / Exe-Create)
  • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Nintendo)
  • Chariot (Frima Studio)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

kkslider5552000

Finally got to update it. Don't Starve. I do plan on getting more, it's just that it was difficult to play much games and when I did, Hyrule Warriors got in the way (or y'know, having money).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GrailUK

I bought Darts Up for £1.34. The gamepad is well used but it is fairly ropey however there is a quid's worth of joy to be had from this.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

kkslider5552000

Doubled the list in a month. That's pretty good.

Mighty Switch Force 2 for 3 bucks is an awesome deal (unless the game is somehow significantly worse than the first one or something)

spizzamarozzi

MSF2 is alright - I bought it the other day and I've played the first few stages. Maybe the water cannon is more annoying than the regular gun from MSF1 because it shoots in an arc, but overall the quality seems pretty much the same of MSF1. Three bucks / 2 euro is a pretty good deal I am glad I didn't miss.

small update from me as well:

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition / Ittle Dew / Stick it to the Man / Citizens of Earth / Mighty Switch Force 2

a few words on the two games I actually tried:

Ittle Dew - it's a very decent Zelda-inspired game. I was afraid of the main mechanic, pushing blocks, because I really hate pushing stuff in Zelda, but Ittle Dew does it nicely and QUICKLY - blocks get pushed effortlessly. This is a small detail but makes a hell of a difference. I'm glad I got it at a sale with 50% off (5 euro) because it's a 3 to 4 hour game, even including the extra dungeon. As for the extra dungeon - I hated it. The whole game is based on logic and puzzle solving, but yet a lot of the puzzle in the extra dungeon require a ton of manual dexterity, timing and trial and error. There is a place for those skills obviously, but this game isn't it. Still, it's ok.

Another World 20th Anniversary Edition: I don't care what people say, this game is still mega. How many adventure games were so advanced in 1991? There's no two screens that are alike - the setting is so unique. Every section feels different from the previous, with new puzzles and traps, and there are moments that are surprising even by today's standards (a personal favourite is when you have to shoot the glass bulb so it falls right on the alien's head, allowing you to pass through the next section). There's a great balance of puzzle solving and action (running, jumping, shooting, swimming etc) and the game tells a damn lot without ever saying a word. Anybody with the slightest interest in videogames should absolutely play this.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

kkslider5552000

Yeah, Another World is kinda awesome. Horribly frustrating at points, but it made me feel like a gaming historian, playing through such an oddly significant title. It's honestly really different from any of these sort of story driven platformers that come out nowadays, it's more like one of those trial and error 90s adventure titles. And the art style is super interesting and ironically is timeless because of being dated (especially since the newer graphics keep that feel).

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

I never did get Stick it to the Man...

I didn't really like it all that much (but I seem to be the minority).

Mostly because every other joke could be summed up as "It sure would suck/be awesome if this thing I'm conveniently mentioning happened!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

spizzamarozzi

So I finally got the chance to play Stick it to the Man. It's the kind of game you start and finish on the same night or the next - it's around 4 hours. I think it's something I would have enjoyed a lot more if it was simply in the form of an animated cartoon, because playing this hybrid half gameplay and half cutscenes was, at times, very tedious.
I enjoyed the story as much as I have enjoyed every other cartoon in human history - it's alright. The humour is what you would expect from swedish comedy - it's just mildly ok and totally inoffensive and I am also fine with that.

Gameplay wise, sometimes it gets boring to mindread every single NPC on the screen, but you have to do it because some items appear only once you scan them. I expected the point'n'click puzzles to be more engaging but they are rather primitive. It's basically "get an object and place it where it should be" and it triggers an event. There's nothing wrong with this tried and tested system, all P&C adventures use it, but in other adventures you have many functions that spice things up (examine, open, combine, give, use etc) and have to juggle many items in your inventory, while in Stick it to the Man you just "stick" the item and you never manage more than two or three different objects at a time - so placing the objects becomes elementary and, ultimately, pointless. I think you can save your €8.00 and, on a lazy day, just watch the video on youtube, and you wouldn't miss much.

faint

So far this year on the wiiu alone I picke up
Guacamelee
Citizens of earth
Electronic super joy:groove city
Ballpoint universe
Teslagrand
A world of kelflings
Ultatron
Blocky bot
The fall
Avgn
Olioli
Stealth inc 2
The swapper
Life of pixel
Sports ball
The binding of Isaac
Shantae and the Pirates curse
Xerodrifter
Ittle dew
The quiet collection
Don't starve
Woah Dave
Gunman clive hd

Just added runbow 9/26

Edited on by faint

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

spizzamarozzi

Ok, another small update:

Paper Monster Recut / Cosmophony / Puzzle Monkeys

Paper Monster Recut: rubbish. I am such an idiot for trusting NintendoLife again. This is an enormously bad platformer. The level design is prehistoric, the challenge is non existent and there's a bug in nearly every level. It is falsly advertised as "fun for all ages" though it clearly isn't - it might be fun but only for people whose brain is not fully formed yet or totally screwed already. So is this aimed at the super-young audience or is it just a way to get away with bland and uninspired level design?! I have two young grandchildren and I'd rather them do hard drugs than waste their youth in front of this game.

Cosmophony: more like, Cacophony. Another terribly false advertised indie game - it says it's based on rhythm while it is absolutely not. Actually, this is probably the first game I have played where the thing you control doesn't produce sound at all. The game is based on extreme memorization - you have to memorize a pattern of obstacles and dodge them. Halfway into the game the difficulty and speed doubles for absolutely no reason at all but to make your life more miserable. It is so fast it makes you dizzy. It is as fun as memorizing the whole Divine Comedy, the difference is that reciting the Divine Comedy makes you super-cool and playing Cacophony makes you a super-idiot.

Puzzle Monkeys: it looks awful but it is actually a clever take on Dr.Mario. Groups of coloured tiles descend from above and you have to "remove" one colour, so that when the other tiles fall, they create rows and columns to match with the monkey tiles. Many tile-matching games try to overcomplicate things, but Puzzle Monkeys keeps it simple, which I liked. In Mode B, the tiles scroll from right to left, and when you "destroy" a colour, the ones that remain on the board fall down.
In the end of the day, I think there's three things that define puzzle games: interface, presentation and concept. Puzzle Monkeys' interface could use some improvement and its presentation could use a miracle - but the concept is clever. I don't know if it's original with the developer of the game but it's a valuable addition to the tile-matching genre. I just wish they had a bigger budget to improve the presentation/interface and to include an head-to-head mode (vs CPU or 2P), which would have made it MUCH more desiderable.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Eat_Pie

I bought Shovel Knight for the 3DS. I beat the game with SK recently, and I'm slowly working my way through the DLC with Plague Knight. Plague Knight offers a very different experience, and his controls are pretty weird. They take a while to get used to.

Eat_Pie

SKTTR

My games June-October:

Wii U Disc Downloads:
1. Super Mario Maker
2. Splatoon
3. Yoshi's Woolly World
4. Darksiders II
5. Project Zero: Priesterin des Schwarzen Wassers - Testversion

Wii U eShop Downloads:

• Cube Life: Island Survival
  • Roving Rogue
  • Badland - Game of the Year Edition
  • Elliot Quest
  • ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimension!
  • Kisima Ingitchuna (Never Alone)
  • q.u.b.e. - Director's Cut
  • The Swindle
  • Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
  • Runbow
  • Nova-111
  • Extreme Exorcism
  • Pumped BMX +
  • The Rivers of Alice - Extended version
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Swords & Soldiers II
  • Freedom Planet
    On my wishlist: Year Walk, The Quiet Collection, The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Gunman Clive HD Collection, and some older titles...

Wii U Virtual Console:

• EarthBound Beginnings (NES)
  • Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA)
  • Yoshi Touch & Go (NDS)

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

spizzamarozzi

I am getting ready for the big push of the end of the year - November/December was a great time for the eShop last year so I'm confident it's going to be great this year too. If everything goes according to plan, a few heavy hitters such as Typoman, Fast Racing NEO and RIVE should be released shortly.
I'm such an idiot for not getting Runbow when it was released, because buying that before October 22 would have given me a 30% discount on The Fall and a 50% discount on Chariot - two games that have been on my wishlist since day-1.
Canvaleon is on sale in EU so I'm going to snatch that soon. Tomorrow is Monday so I'm going to wait for the Nintendo Weekly Download news to see what else gets slashed and possibly buy a €15 eShop card to get multiple games.

GrailUK

I just bought Tekken Tag 2 for £6.50!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought Slender the Arrival for Halloween. Very atmospheric game

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.