Forums

Topic: Let's buy eShop games 2015-2016 thread!

Posts 1 to 20 of 84

kkslider5552000

I wanted to make this sooner by I needed somewhat of a break from playing most games (and besides I still have a couple of games left unplayed anyway!)

So last year, I made a guarantee to buy 20+ eShop games because A. I saw where AAA was heading B. I saw where Nintendo's lack of AAA support was going C. I had not gotten into enough smaller downloadable titles in the past D. Screw everyone who disrespects indie games as whole. And it was fun. Most of them were very good purchasing decisions, and maybe one I actually regretted (and it wasn't the two 99 cents games either, because they were 99 cents and at least games I don't normally play).

Not sure what I'll get this year, but it might not be at least as much Nintendo-centric personally. It depends, I don't know right now. So I don't want to make a guarantee. But instead, it makes way more sense to me to just let people list whatever games they've bought this year. And also to give kudos to anyone who A. Is supporting games beyond obvious Nintendo/heavily marketed stuff and/or B. Is trying out games that go beyond their usual interests and/or C. Actually buy lots of video games.

Unfortunately, I haven't bought any so far this year (literally did not buy games for myself at all so far this year until 2 days ago), but I probably will soon. But I feel it makes sense to not wait any longer to make this thread regardless.

So, what eShop games have you bought so far this year?

Edit: Almost forgot. Downloading an f2p game doesn't count unless you spent money in it. Supporting people making games is also relevant.

Edit 2: So I already started my list. Actually bought a VC game, which I think is fine (it would be fine regardless) as I haven't bought one in close to a year and I never got a chance to play the Megaman Battle Network games. But regardless of that...

1. Mighty Switch Force (thx sale!)
2. Olliolli
3. Don't Starve
4. Stealth Inc. 2
5. Guacamelee
6. Mighty Switch Force 2
7. Freedom Planet
8. Gunman Clive 2

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Given the nature of this post I assume Nintendo's eshop games such as Mario vs DK don't count.

If you consider that then the only game this year is Shovel Knight (3DS). Loved the Wii U version but saw myself using my 3DS more often due to travel reasons. I do admit that I haven't really touched the Indie scene much as the only one I own outside of Shovel Knight on both platforms is VVVVVV for 3DS. Part of the problem is large game backlogs and the other part is due to the eshop being very user unfriendly (it's only really good for finding Nintendo games).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

I think the only WiiU download I have bought this year is the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Not a very interesting list, I know.

I might buy Shovel Knight this year, but I'm leaning more towards buying on it the 3DS. Unless some of the DLC modes don't come to that version.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

I bought TNT Racers:Nitro Machine Edition last week. I mainly bought it for my weekly game nights I have with a few coworkers. I haven't played it yet cause this last week we couldn't get together. Might try it this Saturday night if we can get together.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@kkslider5552000 Given the nature of this post I assume Nintendo's eshop games such as Mario vs DK don't count.

No, they count. Nintendo doesn't make enough download only games for it to be a significant problem on its own. It's more the "LOL WHY WOULD I WANT THESE OTHER GAMES WHEN I COULD GET MARIO PARTY 10 (and nothing else for like 2 months)!11!!!" attitude that I hate. It's essentially allowing a company to dictate your tastes.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

No, they count. Nintendo doesn't make enough download only games for it to be a significant problem on its own. It's more the "LOL WHY WOULD I WANT THESE OTHER GAMES WHEN I COULD GET MARIO PARTY 10 (and nothing else for like 2 months)!11!!!" attitude that I hate. It's essentially allowing a company to dictate your tastes.

Fair enough for how things are currently. I think a revival of this thread if it turns out Star Fox is an eshop title would be interesting as it could make the situation better or even worse.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Hmm... On my list, I've got:

Heart Forth Alicia
Trine: Enchanted Edition
Mighty No. 9
Fast Racing NEO
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Affordable Space Adventures
Runbow

That's all I can think of for now. Will be buying those ASAP, Trine first in about 12 hours, I guess.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

Trine Enchanted Edition
Olli Olli
Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars
Blek
Chariot
Maze
Thomas was Alone
Spy Chameleon
Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion
Color Zen
Color Zen Kids
ZaciSa's Last Stand
Teslagrad
Guacamelee!
NES Remix (Club Nintendo coins)

and probably a few more eShop games I have downloaded this year so far. I didn't count VC or Retail Downloadable games.

edit: Didn't know we were also doing 3DS eShop games

Fairune
Gunman Clive 2
Moon Chronicles (episodes 2-4)
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Rnager (Club Nintendo coins)
Harmo Knight (Club Nintendo coins)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sparx

So far only Weapon Shop de Omase as I have 4 big games to get this year(just got one of them so 3 more to go...)

as for eshop titles, I'm waiting for Affordable Space Adventures and Runbow, cannot remember the others I was excited for

My avatar is from here

NintendoFan64

Hm...I've only bought Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Donkey Kong Land on my 3DS so far. I'm also planning on getting Shovel Knight on my 3DS today. There's also quite a few games I'm planning to get later in the year (Still working on the list.)

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Ryno

Those 3 Wii games for $9.99 each but besides that and not including VC games:
Tengami recently when it went on sale.
Pure Chess (I think it was this year?)
Another World

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

JeanLuc_Vaycard

So far just Adventure Bar Story and Citizens of Earth. Just got my WiiU a couple of months back so waiting for the savings to come back to me. Trust me i do plan on getting more eshop games though. I like your idea of 20+ eshop games in a year though. I wish more people would have an open mind and try some games that are not first party Nintendo or other well known franchises.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WiiWareWave

Shantae And The Pirate's Curse. (Wii U eshop)
Gravblocks+.
OlliOlli.
Citizens of Earth.
Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion.
Chariot.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

mystman12

Not much, though I don't usually but much. I've bought Gunman Clive and I'm planning on buying Gunman Clive 2 soon. I think that's it besides a few Virtual Console titles. The only other thing I know I'm buying for sure is SmileBasic, whenever that releases.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Pboots

It's been a dry spell but definitely looking forward to indie content

Runbow looks like a great party experience
Dot Arcade I'm definitely looking forward to when it's out

As for stuff that's available now, Guacamelee, Shantae and fhe Pirate's Curse are both standout titles

Pboots

Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

Finally an "I play on buying..." 2015 edition!! I must say, I haven't bought much this year - in general. The first downloadable game of the year was OlliOlli, proving that A) I can't resist a first week discount and B) cross-buy is an incredibly attractive feature and a great selling point (developers take note). This week I got Shantae and the Pirate's Curse because the discount was too good to pass on - I haven't even fired it up once yet, since I want to 100% OlliOlli first (almost there!).
Mighty Switch Force 2 is going to follow shortly, as I have enjoyed the first.
The themes of this year is "support the developers that are doing things right"

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Andyliini

I have already bought this year:

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition (Wii U)
Tengami (Wii U)
Ironfall Invasion (3DS)
Pokemon Shuffle (3DS)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)

I'm also planning to buy at least these games:
Trine: Enchanted Edition (Wii U)
Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)
Swords & Soldiers II (Wii U)
Shante: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut (3DS)

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

SKTTR

I'm planning to get... (Wii U only)

Day 1 purchases:

• Affordable Space Adventures
  • Don't Starve - Giant Edition
  • Elliot Quest
  • RIVE
    • most likely several other games

Wanna get soon / skipped for several reasons:

• The Fall
  • Alphadia Genesis
  • Chariot
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects (from 2014)
  • How To Survive (from 2013)

Got this year:

• 8/10 Ittle Dew
  • 7/10 Underground
  • 8/10 Tetrobot & Co. (got it on sale)
  • 8/10 Citizens of Earth
  • 5/10 Rock 'N Racing Off Road (got it on sale)
  • 7/10 Blek
  • 7/10 Spy Chameleon (got it on sale)
  • 8/10 OlliOlli (got it on launch sale)
  • 8/10 Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (got it on sale)
  • 7/10 Mighty Switch Force! 2 (got it on sale)

I also got a Nintendo game back in January: Super Mario 3D World while it was on sale (and some DLC for Hyrule Warriors and Wii Sports Club).

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

BurningSonic

This year I have bought in order
•Chariot (Wii U) 1/8/15
•Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U) 1/17/15
•Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U) 1/29/15
•Pokémon Shuffle (3ds) 2/21/15
•Donkey Kong Country (Wii U) 3/2/15
•Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) 3/12/15
•Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U) 3/14/15

Edited on by BurningSonic

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.