Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 141 to 160 of 643

ogo79

due to popular demand because we know how much faith you have, we are back to bring you the new updated update that is updated and stuff:

looks as gorgeous as i

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Spoony_Tech

You want action in here you need to summon a mod. Here let me help @Joeynator3000

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You want action in here you need to summon a mod. Here let me help @Joeynator3000

Ffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine...
takes in a deep breath

...Yeah I can't move threads.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

@Joeynator3000 Must we summon LZ?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

I dunno. lol
EDIT: messages Lz
...I think Lz hates me now for some reason...
EDIT2: TBD to the rescue, lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

spizzamarozzi

Very disappointing - it's true the WiiU won't be relevant in 2018 (as it wasn't even in 2015 anyway) but, eh, people paid for this...
The Switch version could have been made regardless...they didn't have to drop the WiiU version for it.
The WiiU stretch goal covered the cost of a second studio handling the port because the WiiU didn't support the engine. But as far as I understand, porting the game to the Switch is going to be cheap and easy peasy.

I don't really understand it. Say they collected 100 coins which covered the WiiU version, but the Switch version only costs 10 coins...what happens to the remaining 90 coins?! Mysteries of Kickstarter!!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Super_Gravy

@spizzamarozzi

I am an backer for many Kickstarter projects and most of the problem are really organizing and didn't expected the budget to be much higher. To make things worst, backers want physical products rather than software which mean they have to pay a lot of money up front for manufacturing times. Which is why many developers or project managers prefer indiego over kickstarter because you can get more people to fund the project after the project is funded. More the people put money in, the cheaper the manufacturing is.

So yea, a lot of budget just went out of the windows sometimes because they didn't realized the costs to develops these things.

EDIT: Grammers... :/

Edited on by Super_Gravy

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

ogo79

i dont really think people realize that this is one of the best games that you could possibly back on kickstarter. theres a lot of folks out there that say its the only one theyve ever backed.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

FGPackers

I was hoping for a Switch announcement, even if the Wii U version canceled is a bad news. Looking forward to play this one!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

LzWinky

Quackers

Also, was there any doubt?

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

StuTwo

spizzamarozzi wrote:

Very disappointing - it's true the WiiU won't be relevant in 2018 (as it wasn't even in 2015 anyway) but, eh, people paid for this...
The Switch version could have been made regardless...they didn't have to drop the WiiU version for it.
The WiiU stretch goal covered the cost of a second studio handling the port because the WiiU didn't support the engine. But as far as I understand, porting the game to the Switch is going to be cheap and easy peasy.

I don't really understand it. Say they collected 100 coins which covered the WiiU version, but the Switch version only costs 10 coins...what happens to the remaining 90 coins?! Mysteries of Kickstarter!!

Is that the way that Kickstarter works though? I'm not an expert on Kickstarter (I read some illuminating things about Kickstarter from @NEStalgia about Kickstarter on this forum last week. He's just one of the people who understands it far better than I) and I don't know the specifics for Bloodstained but many developers do go on Kickstarter to get their "advance".

That's not necessarily enough to get the game developed to completion - it's enough to get it started knowing that some of their costs will only be due for payment after release. i.e. when they should have an established cash flow that they can use to pay the balance.

If they've built a business case for a Wii U version based around committing $X upfront but figuring they'll sell X thousand units and now they know that they'll only sell a quarter of the units in the end it's possible that their business case for a Wii U version has collapsed.

I think they were probably always optimistic but mid 2015 the Wii U was having a second wind and did still have high profile games on the horizon. NX seemed a long time away and Bloodstained has been delayed significantly since then. At least there's a refund scheme in place.

Personally I'm really glad it's coming to Switch.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

ogo79

i dont think wii u owners will miss a beat. everyones getting a switch. whoever cancels this is just gonna turn around and say "i wish i didnt do that"

the_shpydar wrote:

Super_Gravy

I changed my PS4 version to the Switch version since I kinda want an portability version.

ogo79

@Super_Gravy
have you tried playing the 3 castlevania gba games on wii u?
thats an awesome experience

the_shpydar wrote:

Super_Gravy

@ogo79
No I have not. I tried to avoid GBA games in generally for Wii U since Nintendo NX was announced. Now I barely play Wii U thanks to PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Gamecube. Maybe I should try them on the Wii U one day but I got an backlog of PS4 games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic