Forums

Topic: 2015 Black Friday Sale

Posts 21 to 40 of 44

cwong15

The deals are not comparable. According to the Nintendolife article, the European sale will put up a different set of deals every day. NOA's deals are put up all at once. If you don't like the deals, come back in 24 hours.

I'm actually surprised that Europe is getting a bunch of deals now. I thought "Black Friday" sales were a US phenomenon.

cwong15

Late

Got Zelda Prima Box Set for 80€ ($86,50) from CDON. Its normal price was 153€ but it was -35% off dropping the price to 99€ and then I noticed that they have an offer where you get -20% off and free shipping from any book you buy so the final price was 79.20€.

Here's a picture of the box set:
Untitled

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Oubie

Black Friday 40% off deals in Europe are just available for one day:

Day 1 - Friday Nov 27 (yesterday):

Wii U: Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101
3DS: Super Mario 3D Land, Puzzle & Dragons Z

Day 2 - Saturday Nov 28 (today):

Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3
3DS: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Ultimate NES Remix

Other days are surprises, we just have to wait and see what pops up on the eShop!

Edited on by Oubie

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

Oubie

Is Pikmin 3 worth getting for 30 Euros as part of the European Black Friday deal?

Oubie

Nin10dad

These deals are good for Newbs, however, most people with a Wii U and/or 3DS own them for the 1st Party IP's and as a result probably have these gems in their collections already.... I know I do......

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Nin10dad

@Oubie: Yes, yes it is! i promise you, for that price, or any price, you will not regret owning this absolutely charming romp of a game

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

cwong15

Don't forget to check out the other 3rd party game sales not on the official list. At least in the US shop, there's a bunch of other significant game sales, some of which I listed earlier.

cwong15

spizzamarozzi

Oubie wrote:

Black Friday 40% off deals in Europe are just available for one day:

Day 1 - Friday Nov 27 (yesterday):

Wii U: Super Mario 3D World, The Wonderful 101
3DS: Super Mario 3D Land, Puzzle & Dragons Z

Day 2 - Saturday Nov 28 (today):

Wii U: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3
3DS: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Ultimate NES Remix

Other days are surprises, we just have to wait and see what pops up on the eShop!

I don't entirely understand this "progressive" release of discounts.
Many people won't have the time to go out and purchase an eShop card before the 24-hour sale expires. Especially on a Sunday when most of the shops in EU countries are closed.
I guess NoE DIDN'T WANT to discount these games but they had to because NoA is doing it, and they are making it very hard to buy them.
I wonder what else Nintendo has in store to look stupid in the eyes of their customers...maybe with the next retail release there will be a small bomb that detonates when you open the package, so nobody will buy it?!

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

cwong15

I think it's a perfectly legitimate way to have a sale. Think of Amazon's daily deals. There are pros and cons of each technique. NOE may be thinking that dribbling out the sales will make the choices seem less overwhelming and make a habit out of checking out the eShop. I don't see how buying eShop cards can be an issue. I can either add value directly using a credit card, or buy a digital eShop card and redeem the code immediately. It's all pretty instant.

This is where I've been buying my digital eShop cards: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/brands/nintendo-egift-card.html

cwong15

Xyphon22

I just got on the eShop and saw that Legend of Kay is on sale for $12.50. Really tempted to get that now. Can anyone comment on which game has more to do and more replay value between that and Teslagrad?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Octane

@Oubie: The game was worth the €60 it originally retailed for. If you're interested, I'd say, get it. Physical copies are pretty difficult to find and they're still priced pretty high. It's one of the few games you're better off buying digital if you're looking for a good deal.

Octane

jariw

Oubie wrote:

Is Pikmin 3 worth getting for 30 Euros as part of the European Black Friday deal?

YES!!!! And if you have an extra Wiimote+Nunchuck, the 2-player challenge modes are absolutely fantastic.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Oubie

Ah okay thanks guys!! I'm already downloading Pikmin 3

Oubie

spizzamarozzi

cwong15 wrote:

I think it's a perfectly legitimate way to have a sale. Think of Amazon's daily deals. There are pros and cons of each technique. NOE may be thinking that dribbling out the sales will make the choices seem less overwhelming and make a habit out of checking out the eShop. I don't see how buying eShop cards can be an issue. I can either add value directly using a credit card, or buy a digital eShop card and redeem the code immediately. It's all pretty instant.

This is where I've been buying my digital eShop cards: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/brands/nintendo-egift-card.html

All Amazon transactions are done with credit card, while on WiiU the eShop card is still the most popular method, considering the average age of WiiU owners. Not every gamer has a credit card - I do but a ton of younger gamers don't, especially in Europe where credit cards are not as easy to get as in the US.

There's really no reason to have one day deals. Amazon can do it because they discount hundreds of items a day. This is the first time in years Nintendo is discounting some of these games. They are also not advertising it (when there's some big news on the eShop NoE usually sends a message through the WiiU quick start menu but they are not doing it).

I guess, because Black Friday is an all american thing, NoE is doing it totally unwillingly, and it shows.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Geonjaha

You'd think Nintendo would actually give some sales of main titles, Virtual Console or eShop games. I'm looking at the Nintendo offers here in Europe (30% off ~8 digital copies that are already overpriced compared to physical) and then I glance over to my PC and the huge amount of 75%+ off deals for dozens of games. I'm losing more reasons to buy Nintendo's games; they're just not priced competitively.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

shingi_70

Picked up Shante's Pirates Curse. That's a bout it wish the sale was up till next week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

cwong15

Here is what I finally ended up buying:
1. Pikmin 3
2. Kirby Return to Dreamland
3. Metroid Fusion

There were a number of other games that looked tempting. In fact, some of the other games on sale — not on the Nintendo cyber-deals list — are arguably better deals, with as much as 75% off. But I reasoned that while new eShop deals appear every week, Nintendo first party games and VC games rarely go on sale. The last comparable sale was during this summer's E3. That reasoning strongly influenced my choices.

cwong15

CapnKael

Is Game & Wario worth £20?

Nintendo Network ID: CapnKael
Check out my chiptune music: http://world1-2.bandcamp.com/

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1084-4789 | Nintendo Network ID: CapnKael | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.