Forums

Topic: Virtual Console Discussion!

Posts 121 to 140 of 150

JaxonH

@OorWullie

Whaaat? That much inferiority? Now I get why people make such a fuss over it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Don

NA needs to catch up to EU on the VC front.

Don

Randomname19

I wish that SEGA cared about VC.So maybe we could get this game on Wii U's with the gamepad acting as the trackball of the original cabinet.
Untitled
Like this:
Untitled

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

StuTwo

JaxonH wrote:

@OorWullie

Whaaat? That much inferiority? Now I get why people make such a fuss over it.

PAL was actually a better TV system than NTSC in many ways - it was a noticeably higher definition and 50 Hz to 60 Hz isn't actually that noticeable for most things.

The problem for video games was that they were almost always created for NTSC (because that's the TV standard used in the US and Japan) and they didn't properly convert or optimise games for use with PAL TVs. They just ran the games in the same low NTSC resolution (which is why us Europeans ended up with thick black borders) and slowed the games down by 15%.

Wave Race 64 stands out in my mind as being horrendous if you compare the versions.

Some games fared better than others - if the developer actually took the time to get things right you'd hardly notice the difference. Still - I think most people in Europe would prefer to have the US releases on virtual console if possible (this is definitely the case in the English speaking world!).

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

AironMaiden

Why are there hardly any N64 games on the Wii U VC? I know some games are impossible to get on there due to licensing issues, such as the beloved Goldeneye, but there are only 10 N64 games on there, and only 21 on the Wii Shop Channel- which has a better catalog of games may I mind you. I know F-Zero X, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64 and Pokemon Snap are on the Wii Shop Channel. These are all Nintendo-developed games, so I'm rather shocked Nintendo doesn't put them on the Wii U. It should be easy for Nintendo, right?

100% Alive and Critiquing--- Airon Maiden

yokokazuo

@DiscoGentleman that one came out in Europe right?
It may be a Wii game, but I wonder if it could be brought over this time. There were a couple NES games released on VC this generation.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Bass_X0

Why are there hardly any N64 games on the Wii U VC?

Because Nintendo seems to prefer to release GBA, DS and Wii games right now since they are newer. NES and SNES are also neglected right now. I doubt that the TurboGrafx will be hugely supported either.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

JaxonH

@DiscoGentleman

Fatal Frame IV has an English translation, and can be played on Wii U if you really want. I have it on mine.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

faint

@Bass_X0 I doubt konami would put that much work into turbo vc unless they've been promised a certain number of releases or the vc will transfer over to the nx.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

JaxonH

@DiscoGentleman

Wish I could say the same. Sucks having to wait for scraps with fan translations.

TCJester

Anyone know if the Skyward Sword game breaking bug was patched or if it's just the original version without it?

TCJester

Bass_X0

I'd like to see any Super Nintendo or N64 game right now. I may not necessarily buy them, but I do think they deserve to be supported more. Same with the NES too, but not as much.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

Bass_X0

Anybody know why these games would be missing?

Thats easy. Nintendo are focusing on releasing Wii, DS and GBA games for the VC now instead of NES and SNES. They don't seem to care that much for the TG16 despite having added it as a supported console a few months ago.

Plankton5165

@Bass_X0 If anything, they 20,000% better release Meteos DS for the Wii U. Getting a physical copy of the game is impossible. Plus it is the #1 DS game in Nintendo Power.

Plankton5165

Aentik

there has been some sweet additions like Pokemon snap i friggin loved that title besides its cool to switch of just smashing buttons to enjoy the view and some pokemons playin around XD its really fun still i hope nntendo does something to add Resident Evil 2 and Castlevania 64 soon!!!!! and some other titles like Revolt or Mortal kombat 4 or Doom 64!!! or ISSS 64 from konami other than nes and snes titles and some gba here is no Konami titles!! there should be by now Turtles in Time for the snes!!! konami ain winning nothing from those titles anymore!!! still cheers !!!

Aentik

Bass_X0

It doesn't really matter to me anymore about Switch VC; I'll just keep playing my Wii U VC. The JoyCon is terrible to play the NeoGeo games with.

Bass_X0

Not to me. I still play it every day.

Samus7Killer

I Wish Genesis games were on WiiU VC. Wii Shop is still alive at least

Samus7Killer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic