Forums

Topic: Virtual Console Discussion!

Posts 101 to 120 of 150

Bass_X0

It shouldn't even be an option. The default and only setting should be bright.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Geno-Breaker

@DarthNocturnal: I already have all of that junk turned off anyways. Older games not working well on HDTVs only occurs when you're playing with the original system and the HDTV does up-scaling and/or de-interlacing. The Wii U Virtual Console games don't have those problems because they're getting upscaled by the Wii U itself. N64 and NES games have lag added to them that weren't on the original systems. Ocarina of Time doesn't have any input lag on the N64.

Geno-Breaker

DefHalan

Tsurii wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

NA gets Xenoblade Wii tomorrow, you guys better buy it at that price
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u

It will support off-tv play right? That would make me get it lol.

Yup, I played it almost exclusively on the gamepad myself.

That is how I have to play most of my games now. That is awesome. Maybe I should invest in a good pair of headphones or something lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

WiiWareWave

Awesome! It would be a day one download if I hadn't just spent my eShop funds, however it'll definitely be my next eShop purchase!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Bass_X0

There aren't that many games Nintendo can publish from the GBA now in America.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, & 3
Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire
Pokémon Fire Red / Leaf Green
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy
Dr. Mario + Puzzle League

I'm not counting the NES Classics as they will never come.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

neyoung8

@Bass_X0: it will be interesting to see what games are released on vc between now and the nx coming out. I feel they are keepong somee of The DS and Wii games back to release on nx. I hope that when they do release them they release them on both Wii u and nx.

neyoung8

DJPort2008

I don't get Nintendo's WiiU VC release of Star Fox 64. I mean, I have no problem with Europe getting it too, but why can't Nintendo release it in multiple regions?

DJPort2008

Bass_X0

@Neko_Ichigofan GBA Four Swords was included in the A Link to the Past release, but I don't think its playable by itself. The DSiWare release of Four Swords won't be able to be released on Wii U since its not strictly a port of a GBA ROM.

@TomJ Those games have been released in Europe so I didn't count them.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Rumorlife

Randomly kind of wishing for Pikmin 2, but the Wii version.

Rumorlife

WiiWareWave

Awesome! Super Paper Mario (Wii) is hitting the Wii U VC service today!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

Also a ton of TG-16 games have just been ESRB rated for release on the Wii U according to Nintendo Everything so there's a good chance that more systems are about to launch on the North American Virtual Console service.

WiiWareWave

@DarthNocturnal That was Bonk's Adventure which could have been the NES one, but there are five TG-16 games that just got rated so this seems a little more conclusive that something will come out of it. The games include New Adventure Island, Bomberman 93, and Neutopia.

OorWullie

I really can't believe they have given us Europeans the 50HZ Majoras Maskthe Wii version was 60 HZ. I was going to upgrade it but I'm not sure I want to know.I shouldn't be surprised actually considering Ocarina of Time was 50 HZ too but the fact the Wii MM was 60HZ you would have thought Wii U would get the same,but no.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@OorWullie

Out of curiosity, how noticeable is a 50hz game as opposed to 60hz? What does it look like exactly? Like a worse framerate?

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@JaxonH Yeah mate,it's pretty noticeable.50 HZ has big borders top and bottom and runs around 20% slower. It never really mattered back in the 80's ,very early 90's as we didn't really know better but I can remember reading in magazines that NA games looked and ran better than ours.Later on the 90's as TV's got better some games had the option of 50 HZ and 60 HZ so it was more easy to compare the difference.For someone who had only played 50 HZ before it was like night and day.About the only benefit from 50 HZ was it often resulted in a sharper picture.Really it's an issue that belongs way in the past but Nintendo have revived it again.I was going to upgrade my Wii version but other than Gamepad use it would actually be a downgrade.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic