Forums

Topic: Virtual Console Discussion!

Posts 101 to 120 of 161

Rumorlife

TomJ wrote:

Who wants to bet that there will be NO VC prepared for the NX? And that there will be excuses as to why not??????

Well considering none of the systems that have had VC, launched with any VC, that seems like a safe bet. Even if it's only a couple months we have to wait for anything.

Rumorlife

Geno-Breaker

It'd be wonderful if M2 did more than GBA VC. N64 and NES VC are plagued with lots of input lag and a dark color filter. SNES, N64, and NES VC should also have more visual options like changing the aspect ration and scaling. It's really disappointing that Nintendo can't emulate their own games properly.

Geno-Breaker

Bass_X0

I haven't experienced the input lag often. The only notable time for me is when I found it difficult to run in Super Mario Bros., sometimes it wouldn't work despite the button working for everything else. And I've had the dark filter sometimes too, such as in Gradius.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

DarthNocturnal

Turn off post-processing effects on your TV. Older games (and even newer ones, potentially) don't play nicely with them.

That said, some N64 games had "input lag" on the original console. OOT for example. Probably a framerate thing.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Bass_X0

It shouldn't even be an option. The default and only setting should be bright.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

Geno-Breaker

@DarthNocturnal: I already have all of that junk turned off anyways. Older games not working well on HDTVs only occurs when you're playing with the original system and the HDTV does up-scaling and/or de-interlacing. The Wii U Virtual Console games don't have those problems because they're getting upscaled by the Wii U itself. N64 and NES games have lag added to them that weren't on the original systems. Ocarina of Time doesn't have any input lag on the N64.

Geno-Breaker

DarthNocturnal

@Geno-Breaker

Could've sworn that post-processing effects do affect VC titles. Or at least, I recall seeing improvement.

And I'm also pretty sure that there is a delay in OOT. I remember playing the GCN version and noticing that there's a slight delay between Link moving, attacking, etc, compared to other games. After seeing others complain online, I played the N64 release (note, not on an HD TV with all the fancy stuff), and noticed the delay was no different.

It's not a huge delay that really affects gameplay, but noticeable nonetheless.

DefHalan

Tsurii wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

NA gets Xenoblade Wii tomorrow, you guys better buy it at that price
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u

It will support off-tv play right? That would make me get it lol.

Yup, I played it almost exclusively on the gamepad myself.

That is how I have to play most of my games now. That is awesome. Maybe I should invest in a good pair of headphones or something lol.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TowaHerschel7

Awesome! It would be a day one download if I hadn't just spent my eShop funds, however it'll definitely be my next eShop purchase!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

Maybe if / when I beat or delete Metroid Prime Trilogy, then I'll have the space.

I've got 3D in the meantime, anyway.

Bass_X0

There aren't that many games Nintendo can publish from the GBA now in America.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, & 3
Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire
Pokémon Fire Red / Leaf Green
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy
Dr. Mario + Puzzle League

I'm not counting the NES Classics as they will never come.

Edited on by Bass_X0

neyoung8

@Bass_X0: it will be interesting to see what games are released on vc between now and the nx coming out. I feel they are keepong somee of The DS and Wii games back to release on nx. I hope that when they do release them they release them on both Wii u and nx.

neyoung8

DJPort2008

I don't get Nintendo's WiiU VC release of Star Fox 64. I mean, I have no problem with Europe getting it too, but why can't Nintendo release it in multiple regions?

DJPort2008

Bass_X0

@Neko_Ichigofan GBA Four Swords was included in the A Link to the Past release, but I don't think its playable by itself. The DSiWare release of Four Swords won't be able to be released on Wii U since its not strictly a port of a GBA ROM.

@TomJ Those games have been released in Europe so I didn't count them.

Edited on by Bass_X0

DarthNocturnal

@Bass_X0

FS Anniversary is just a digital DS game. They could release it as a VC title easily.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Rumorlife

Randomly kind of wishing for Pikmin 2, but the Wii version.

Rumorlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic