Forums

Topic: Super Metroid

Posts 181 to 198 of 198

Chrono_Cross

I figured out where the confusion came from.

Metroid Prime's "high jump" boots are called "space jump" boots. Silly Nintendo.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Tasuki

Got a bit further in Maridia today. Still not enjoying this zone at all. In fact I am finding it really hard to continue with this area but I want to at least have Super Metroid under my belt. So I am just going to tough it out.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SCRAPPER392

I just beat Super Metroid in 2:50 with 72% of the items collected. 30ยข.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Tasuki

Well got pass the boss in Maridia and got the space jump. Now I am trying to get the plasma beam. I sware the jump mechanics are the worst in this game. Dont get me wrong this game is fun but the jump mechanics are seriously getting on my nerve.

My Backlog

SCRAPPER392

Tasuki wrote:

Well got pass the boss in Maridia and got the space jump. Now I am trying to get the plasma beam. I sware the jump mechanics are the worst in this game. Dont get me wrong this game is fun but the jump mechanics are seriously getting on my nerve.

Ya, you have to get used to it. I used to think the same thing, except all of the controls in general. Now I can beat the game pretty easily. I've beaten it 3 times. Once, literally just a minute ago under 3 hours for the Samus with no suit ending, one time not caring about completion on my first, and an under 3 hour one a while ago.
It's funny, too, because my Wii VC file is still in Maridia...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Tasuki

Well this is my first play through so I am know I am not going to get the good ending on this run, heck I just spent about an hour and half trying to get to the room that has the plasma beam with no luck cause of the broken jump mechanics. If anyone has any advice on that part I will gladly take it. Other than that I think I need to take a break from this game for a few days. I think its time for a bit of Harvest Moon.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Ok got the plasma beam but now I have another problem, how the heck do I get out of the room that had the beam?

My Backlog

Mk_II

jump mechanics are not broken at all... it just takes a lot of getting used to but then you have a considerate amount of control

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

so I figured out the wall jump this time

I feel so stupid now.

Don't, apparently it is quite hard and akin to Jedi mastery.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

Also, the only time you can use the space jump/screw attack multiple times, is when you're jumping and starting to fall. If you don't allow yourself to fall a certain distance, and try to use the space jump, it will cut out.
I can do the wall jump pretty well. I've gotten a few upgrades early in the game because of it. All you have to do is sacrifice some health sometimes, like travelling over spikes for a bit, then wall jump up to things they expect you to use the grapple beam for. The grapple hooks pretty much guarantee you have the the option to wall jump to get to the same place, except in water areas(before you get the Gravity Suit).

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Tasuki

Well got a chance to pick this one up again. Manged to get the screw attack but now I am stuck again lol.

My Backlog

kkslider5552000

I'd like to present the reason why Super Metroid is not as good as Metroid Prime.

walk 10 feet
look for items with X-Ray visor
walk 10 feet
walk 10 feet
walk 10 feet
walk 10 feet
walk 10 feet

Repeat for hours until you've checked every single area of the game until you realize you still missed some, say screw it and look up a map to compare to the one in the game. And a few of the items don't appear on the map after you get them for no real reason! And a couple of hidden areas aren't seen using the X-ray visor!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

@kkslider5552000
I just shoot everywhere, or try to spot obvious hidden areas. The sound the upgrades make in Metroid Prime definitely make it easier to find them, though.

Qwest

kkslider5552000

Well I 100% Super Metroid. NOW I CAN GET THE BEST ENDING SCREEN-oh wait it took me like 8 hours. D:

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

zeldafoursword

well, posted it many times U.U hahahha but anyone has a spare club nintendo cn code? will trade for any download D: im really desesperated for this game xD

zeldafoursword

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.