Forums

Topic: nintendo should charge more for vc games that are rare ("rare downloads")

Posts 321 to 340 of 379

ogo79

@Pokefraker i own the fountain of youth. i will never die, therefore any thread i make will never die.
@bezerker99 trill threadz dont die
@the_shpydar i found us a bigger bank. maybe youve heard of it. its called the grand canyon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

LzWinky

Pokefraker wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

Nintendo is releasing more rare downloads with the announcement of Wii VC games on Wii U.

Next rare download coming up...Metroid Prime Trilogy!

If Nintendo was smart, they wouldn't charge anything less than a hundred bucks for this.

Way to revive a dead thread lol

I think Xenoblade downloads should be Gamestop exclusive. That way they can sell them used and somehow get around a non-existent rule that new games have to be a certain price.

Current games: Pokemon Shield

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bass_X0

if they charge more for rare downloads then they should charge less for common downloads.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

KingMike

EarthBound the same price as rare demo version of Wii Punchout.
(I believe that was effectively a demo version of PO, and that it was only released as a Club Nintendo reward prize one year. I think it was an option the year I chose the Mario hat.)

I did get Grill Off With Ultra Hand, with I think is the only COMPLETELY CN-exclusive game.
I do wonder if there will at some point be a market for rare digital only games.

Also, why does a Wii code for Super Metroid cost more than a Wii U code for the same game?!

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Joeynator3000

....This thread again? :/

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Also, why does a Wii code for Super Metroid cost more than a Wii U code for the same game?!

Because Wii's are rare, duh! When was the last time you saw a Wii in the store? It like 2006 all over again.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

PinkSpider

Pfft funniest thing I have read in the forum page, $100 for rare digital games just because your ridiculously sad and are willing to hand over a stupid amount of money for a game that really isn't worth that much does not mean the digital version of the same game should be more. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

Bass_X0

http://nintendoeverything.com/dan-adelman-on-third-parties-ni...

There was a lot of debate about whether to charge more for Super Mario Bros. 3 as opposed to Ice Climbers, and we ultimately decided on a fixed price per platform for a couple reasons. First, it’s simpler to manage from an internal processing perspective. If each game had a separate price, there would be lots of opinions about each game, and consolidating all of that feedback would be very time consuming. Second, there was a little feeling of holding people’s childhood hostage if we priced certain games higher than others. To take an absurd example, let’s say we charged $50 for Super Mario Bros. There would be some people who really have strong nostalgia for that game who would begrudgingly pay it. But they’d probably feel cheated and exploited.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

GrailUK

How many copies of Earthbound will the eShop let me buy? Reckon I will buy loads and wait for the price to go up.....

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

KingMike

Nintendo should charge more for Mr. Spammer's games because those will be rarer soon.

KingMike

LzWinky

And then the sequel: "Revenge of the Spammer: Now with more spam!"

Current games: Pokemon Shield

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

Nintendo gone crazy with the rare downloads, releasing the whole DKC/DKL hexilogy on North America in one day.

KingMike

Kaze_Memaryu

Bass_X0 wrote:

http://nintendoeverything.com/dan-adelman-on-third-parties-ni...

There was a lot of debate about whether to charge more for Super Mario Bros. 3 as opposed to Ice Climbers, and we ultimately decided on a fixed price per platform for a couple reasons. First, it’s simpler to manage from an internal processing perspective. If each game had a separate price, there would be lots of opinions about each game, and consolidating all of that feedback would be very time consuming. Second, there was a little feeling of holding people’s childhood hostage if we priced certain games higher than others. To take an absurd example, let’s say we charged $50 for Super Mario Bros. There would be some people who really have strong nostalgia for that game who would begrudgingly pay it. But they’d probably feel cheated and exploited.

I can relate to that - rarity doesn't make the price on a download platform anyway, since it's available to everyone in virtually unlimited number. CHarging extra because it's a rare game for its original release is hardly justifiable.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Ryno

KingMike wrote:

Nintendo gone crazy with the rare downloads, releasing the whole DKC/DKL hexilogy on North America in one day.

I haven't seem @ogo79 in a while and now I know what he has been up to!

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

Only $98.99 each??? Seems to low.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

DefHalan

@Ryno Good thing I bought them on Wii VC so I get to upgrade them for only $1.50

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Chaoz

Why is this even a thread? No they shouldn't do it because it digital. Digital /=/ rare.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

KingMike

Ryno wrote:

Only $98.99 each??? Seems to low.
Untitled

Just for the curious, Mexico uses the $ sign for peso, and 98.99 pesos is about $6.61US. (as I found out a few years when someone posted a Super Mario Sunshine priced with a tag of like $82, and they said it was actually 82 pesos)

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic