Forums

Topic: VT 2009, TW PGA Tour 10, GS Tennis - Impressions Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 78

KnucklesSonic8

Get any of the above WM+ enabled titles this week? Share your impressions with the community!
I'm dying to hear how VT 2009 is especially. I'm so torn between getting VT 2009 and GS Tennis.

KnucklesSonic8

y2josh

I'm planning on getting Tiger Woods, but I hear the putting is still an issue according to Nintendo Power. I'm going to get either GS Tennis or Tiger when I wake up later in the afternoon. Hopefully, there will be some more reviews up by then :S

y2josh

KnucklesSonic8

Nice. Be sure to let me know what you think. Online is a big thing I'd like to hear about with all three titles.

KnucklesSonic8

y2josh

Yeah, same here. GS Tennis doesn't come bundled does it? I hate paying 70 instead of 60, but I would rather have GS Tennis than Tiger.

y2josh

KnucklesSonic8

I wouldn't know. Over here in Canada, it seems like GS Tennis is by itself for $54.99 and TW has it bundled for $69.99. Just the benefits of being Canadian. /sarcasm

KnucklesSonic8

y2josh

WOW, that sucks. Well, if anyone knows if GS Tennis is going to be bundle with the WM+ you would be a big help. They don't have it listed on Amazon as being such and I think I remember reading and article on here saying it was just Tiger. Sounds like EA or Nintendo doesn't care about tennis.

y2josh

KnucklesSonic8

Here's what I meant:
$59.99 for TW PGA Tour 10 on its own. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=066500...
$69.99 for TW PGA Tour 10 Bundle. Only $10 more. I didn't realize that before. Even if us Canadians are getting a bit jipped that's still sorta good: $10 for WM+ as opposed to $24.99! http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=066500...
$54.99 for GS Tennis on its own. http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=066500...

As far as I know, there was talk of EU getting a bundle for GS Tennis but it's rather strange that they're not bundling WM+ with GS Tennis when TW PGA Tour 10 has that option.

KnucklesSonic8

y2josh

Oh, there is a pretty detailed customer review of GS Tennis on Amazon.

y2josh

warioswoods

I'm tempted to buy the Tiger Woods 10 bundle and bring it over to my grandfather's house, who is a lifelong golfer and who has a Wii that he and my grandmother basically just use for bowling matches. He might get a kick out of it; I do wonder how simple / intuitive the controls are in general, though. It's easy to forget that someone his age can get confused by menus and options that seem extraordinarily simple to us. As long as choosing a club and aiming the shot is not a complex procedure using too many buttons, and as long as I can properly explain that the strength of the shot depends more on how far back you raise the club than on the actual strength of your swing, he would probably enjoy the accurate measurement of your slice / draw on the ball, as well as the putting.

Which brings up a question: can you play 2-player on Tiger Woods with only one Wiimote / Motion Plus? I see no reason why it shouldn't allow that, since you're basically taking turns, but I'd like to have some confirmation.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

If you're worried about complicated controls, I'd go with Wii Sports Resort for them. It'll have golf and is likely to be much more user-friendly than the average EA game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

warioswoods

@Adam

I see, I didn't think Wii Sports Resort would feature golf, since it was already included in the previous game, but now I'll be very interested to see how it turns out in the new one. And it also has bowling again?? I certainly don't object, since I'd be fine playing with an upgraded / precise version of any of the games in the first Wii Sports, but I am surprised.

Come to think of it, I should have remembered that it will include golf, since I watched that Wii Sports Resort advertisement posted here where the cute jean-skirt girl takes a swing or two. I guess the skirt distracted me and it never sunk in that golf was actually going to be part of the game. You see where using alluring images gets you? Sure, I'll remember the ad, but I won't retain any information about the product.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Adam

No bowling. The sports announced are: golf, table tennis, fencing, archery, basketball, water sports (jet ski and canoeing shown), Frisbee, and maybe others I've forgotten. Golf was the only repeat sport I noticed.

Come on, friends,

KnucklesSonic8

Uhh, yes Bowling is in unfortunately.

KnucklesSonic8

Moai_Head

Expect a side-by-side article comparing Virtua Tennis 2009 and Grand Slam Tennis within the next few hours, and official reviews for both games within the week.

Moai_Head

Machu

Got Tiger10+ on order, and can't wait! Torn as to which tennis game to get, but will be checking reviews and any feedback here.

Think Resort has got bowling btw, saw a screenshot of a Mii in an Hawaiian shirt, bowling! MP bowling mmmm.

Rawr!

Adam

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Oh, my bad. They had never shown it in any of the previews I saw, but I just checked a citation from Wikipedia, and yep, here are all twelve sports:

Frisbee, Jet Ski, Fencing, Table Tennis, Golf, Parachuting, Basketball, Archery, Cycling, Bowling, Canoeing, Wakeboarding.

Some are odd choices, and I'm sad to see no mention of Frisbee golf, but I don't think I can justify getting Tiger Woods just for that.

Come on, friends,

LinktotheFuture

I am looking forward to bowling with Wii Motion Plus. Bowling is my favorite from Wii Sports, and I bet the new version will be even better.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

KnucklesSonic8

They could've done a lot with it and made it Lawn Bowling or something more unique instead of rehashing it even with a similar alley/lane and everything. It's rather silly. They could've done so much more with it and that's why I'm upset about its inclusion.

KnucklesSonic8

Moai_Head

That side-by-side article should be up in about 24 hours, for those who care.

weirdadam wrote:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Oh, my bad. They had never shown it in any of the previews I saw, but I just checked a citation from Wikipedia, and yep, here are all twelve sports:

Frisbee, Jet Ski, Fencing, Table Tennis, Golf, Parachuting, Basketball, Archery, Cycling, Bowling, Canoeing, Wakeboarding.

Some are odd choices, and I'm sad to see no mention of Frisbee golf, but I don't think I can justify getting Tiger Woods just for that.

Each sport has multiple modes of play. Disc golf is in.

Moai_Head

KnucklesSonic8

Beat me to it. Was gonna say that.

KnucklesSonic8

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.