Forums

Topic: SMG: Did you got all 242 stars? How many times did you die?

Posts 1 to 20 of 27

Twilight_Crow

Super Mario Galaxy, a game that appears in most favorite wii games lists, a masterpiece without a doubt. A bit easy imo, but when you try out crazy stuff, like getting coins from seemingly unreachable enemies, or avoid the use of the spin unless is absolutely necessary, you get to understand the fact that the game is as hard as you want it to be . I love that game.

Anyway, did you fully complete it, all the 242 stars?
If you didn't why not?
If you did, there is a little "reward"; you get to see how many times screw it up , a counter with the numer of times you died appears on your save file, under the date. So, how many times did you die?

This thread is for getting to know the average dead rate onSMG, not for making fun of anybody, to prove it here are my amazingly bad scores, due to all the inventive fooling around :
Mario:431
Luigi:193 (As you can notice I didn't fooled around that much anymore)

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Noire

I haven't beaten it fully with Luigi (still working on it), but when I pull it off I'll be sure to let you know Twilight.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

cheetahman91

Dear lord no. That'll never happen for me.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Infernape1000

I did get every star for Mario and Luigi - and will do the same thing in SMG2 - but I don't feel like checking how many times I died...

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

Xkhaoz

Oh, crap!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

All stars: Not yet, I'm still in the kitchen.
Deaths: too many.

You can play as Luigi?

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Trevor_Fox

I have gotten all 242 stars. Deaths posted below.

Edited on by Trevor_Fox

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Aviator

Gotten all 242 stars. I know I didn't die that much except on Luigi's Purple Coins.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Ravage

I just didn't feel like doing everything all over again...some of the more frustrating stages didn't help either...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

TanookiMike

I got every single one...

TanookiMike

DarkLloyd

got all the stars with mario
and will finish the rest of luigi's when the sequal is near releasing to retail stores

DarkLloyd

Objection

lol, I only got like 77 stars in my first runthrough...pretty shameful. Thanksfully, I'm doing a second runthrough as we speak.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

The_Fox

All stars? Heck no. I mean, the game is pretty awesome, but I just don't have the time to hunt them all down. I'd have to put aside too many other titles.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Alexei123

I still need a few with Luigi. Now that I have an incentive I'll get those few as soon as possible!!

Alexei123

Kid_A

Yes I got 242 stars. How many times did I die? That is a good question. It's a shame I traded it in after I beat it

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Twilight_Crow

Thanks for the replies guys (and TBD)
I think this game deserves to be completed, even if it has to be little by little.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Trevor_Fox

I've died 97 times as Mario and 77 as Luigi. Now I'm on a second playthrough. =)

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

Vander

Well I got 241 stars LOL. I just forgot to go back and get the secret star with mario. I doubt I died much as Luigi, I pretty much mastered the game. I even got the "Luigi's Purple Coins" star on my first try with Luigi. Also I've done a minimalist completion speed run twice. 5 hours 19 minutes is my better of the two. Not anything to brag about really except the fact that I can actually sit down and concentrate for that long without my eyes hurting or watering.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

Cheezy

I haven't even unlocked Luigi...I'm such a loser

Who Are You?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.