530 ECO shooter

DSiWare
Electroplankton Luminarrow
Electroplankton Sun-Animalcule
Legends of Exidia

Drum roll Please
Virtual Console
Street Fighter Alpha 2 - SNES

Finally a VC game.... But is it worth the 3 week wait?

Red_Silurian

Pj1

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Wow! I might download this...

Pj1

SNK

why the hell are they bringing the snes version of Street fighter alpha 2 out on the VC when they could bring the ARCADE version out instead because its far superior than the cruddy snes version,i do wonder sometimes what planet are they on.

SNK

Bass_X0

SNK wrote:

why the hell are they bringing the snes version of Street fighter alpha 2 out on the VC when they could bring the ARCADE version out instead because its far superior than the cruddy snes version,i do wonder sometimes what planet are they on.

Because the SNES version exists and is far easier to port to the Virtual Console than a mid nineties arcade game. They did not bring this game to the VC because they really wanted to give us a version of SFA2, but because its a SNES Street Fighter game that they had yet to give us.

Capcom have yet to enter the VCA arena even in Japan. And the first VCA game they give us when they eventually do will not be Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SNK

BASS X0 ok better still why dont they release CASTLEVAINIA RONDO OF BLOOD or CASTLEVAINIA RE BIRTH instead of the rubbish they do release on the uk VC,the Japanese VC has got a much better line up that this country,and why the hell do they put the games on the VC to run 50HZ when they could do them running at 60HZ,it was the same in the 90s i had to buy USA snes and a usa NEO-GEO and a Japanese saturn and Japanese DREAMCAST to run the games at 60HZ and fullscreen cos the pal games were awlful.

Edited on by theblackdragon

SNK

ReZon

SFA2 is an excellent fighter, one of my favorites. You just have to be able to ignore the one second pause after you're told to "FIGHT".

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

Bass_X0

SNK wrote:

BASS X0 ok better still why dont they release CASTLEVAINIA RONDO OF BLOOD or CASTLEVAINIA RE BIRTH instead of the rubbish they do release on the uk VC,the Japanese VC has got a much better line up that this country,and why the hell do they put the games on the VC to run 50HZ when they could do them running at 60HZ,it was the same in the 90s i had to buy USA snes and a usa NEO-GEO and a Japanese saturn and Japanese DREAMCAST to run the games at 60HZ and fullscreen cos the pal games were awlful.

America hasn't even gotten Rondo of Blood yet. As for Rebirth I don't know. Probably don't want to release all the big name games around the same time so that the WiiWare isn't filled with no name shovel ware for months at a time. Excitebike is the next big name WiiWare game we're getting. I don't know. I'm just guessing.

And for the 50hz, probably because its easier for them to do so from a business perspective. Or that they don't want to alienate those gamers who can't play games in 60hz. Releasing the PAL version and the NTSC version to give us a choice would probably count as two different games for them and two seperate downloads which is why they don't do that. Plus the NTSC versions will probably incur a 100 point increase like other import games.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Wesbert

SNK wrote:

why dont they release CASTLEVAINIA RONDO OF BLOOD or CASTLEVAINIA RE BIRTH

A german website published a Konami release schedule which announces Castlevania Rebirth to appear sometime during February.

Wesbert

SNK

WESBERT, OK THANKS

SNK

madgear

Bass+X0 wrote:

Capcom have yet to enter the VCA arena even in Japan. And the first VCA game they give us when they eventually do will not be Street Fighter Alpha 2.

You're right - they'll give us Final Fight first.

madgear

LzWinky

SNK wrote:

Japan has a lot more games than North America and Europe, and the companies there are apparently more willing to put games on the Japanese VC

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Corbs

I can't wait to play Legends of Exidia. Hope it gets a good review.

Plain old gamer :)

Ristar42

50/60Hz don't require two downloads - I can switch a game like Shadow Dancer on the fly on my Megadrive, from slow and squashed to full speed. Most early Megadrive games even use the same ROM for different regions, booting in either Japanese or English depending on the region of the console.

The most optimisation you might see in 50Hz versions is music speed altered to correct tempo (Sonic 2 for example). Play the PAL version in 60Hz and its too fast!

Other problems would be the region lock on some PAL versions, where you may indeed need a US version to play 60Hz in English (like Streets of Rage 2).
Really though, all the implementation of a 60Hz option would require is some effort on behalf of Nintendo, personally I think it would greatly improve the service.

Edited on by Ristar42

Ristar42

Rensch

I just want freaking Super Mario Kart for crying out loud. Come on, Nintendo, please.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.