Forums

Topic: As promise, I did an petition about the Virtual Console.

Posts 21 to 40 of 65

SupermarketZombies

I signed it because it only took a few seconds of my life and I won't lose anything but that by doing it. Also included a plug for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together...sorry couldn't resist

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Majora

Signed!!

Majora

Bass_X0

Yeah, but what we as games view successful and unsuccessful for the Virtual Console may be completely different to what Nintendo as a company deem successful or not.

We gamers would be happy if Nintendo dumped loads of great games onto the VC every week but Nintendo in their wisdom would see such an action as wasteful and not the best way to maximise profits to their potential. We gamers would download every game we want and then wouldn't bother with the Wii Shop aside from the occasional WiiWare game.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Knux

@Bass XO-That is true, but Nintendo is not that wise. If they were wise, the would have released at least 1 VC game this week!

Knux

Stevie

I never understand the argument that if Nintendo released a lot of games instead of just a trickle then people would download what they want and then not buy anymore.

If i had a block of cheese and cut it into 10 pieces and sold only one piece a week for £1 each after 10 weeks i would make £10, if sold all 10 pieces in the first week i would still make £10, hence i don't understand Nintendo's reluctance to increase their release rate. If they did at least they could then concentrate on Wiiware releases and building up a solid group of 3rd party Wiiware developers and also appease their fans. However i am fully aware that that Nintendo works in mysterious ways so i don't expect things to change.

(Yes i always use cheese when giving examples of situations )

Bass_X0

Well if they had released a game this week then I am quite confident it would have been either Pulseman or Secret Command and have only released one game last week instead. Yes, despite America recieving more than one game in a single week previously during this year, I am sure America not getting a game this week is related to getting two the week before.

If i had a block of cheese and cut it into 10 pieces and sold only one piece a week for £1 each after 10 weeks i would make £10, if sold all 10 pieces in the first week i would still make £10, hence i don't understand Nintendo's reluctance to increase their release rate. If they did at least they could then concentrate on Wiiware releases and building up a solid group of 3rd party Wiiware developers and also appease their fans. However i am fully aware that that Nintendo works in mysterious ways so i don't expect things to change.

But lets say you're the consumer. If they give you the option of buying ten pieces of cheese in one day, you probably wouldn't. Who needs that much cheese? But if they gave you the option of a weekly cheese then you'd probably buy it every week. £1 a week for ten weeks is barely nothing. £10 in one week is a lot. Over the course of ten weeks, they would probably make more money with a weekly cheese than giving you the option of buying ten weeks worth in a single week.

...mmmm, cheese.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Digiki

This is ridiculous, I read the petition, it was a decent chuckle. Goal of 1,000,000, do think the number will get anywhere close to even 0.1% of that?

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@Bass XO-That is true, but Nintendo is not that wise. If they were wise, the would have released at least 1 VC game this week!

Logic not found.

Curt

We have one bad week, and suddenly the Virtual Console is in danger of being discontinued? Seriously, is it really so awful that NOA chose to focus on brand new content instead of giving us something we've played before?

You shouldn't have done that.

Knux

@Digiki-There are other instances of Nintendo not being wise. Since you did not agree with me, here are some examples.

1.The Mario and Animal Crossing Clocks and Caculators.
2.The fact that they did not put online multiplayer in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and they made a horrible excuse.
3.The fact that they are allowing a lot of shovelware on WiiWare.

Fact:Even Nintendo makes mistakes.

Knux

Bass_X0

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@Digiki-There are other instances of Nintendo not being wise. Since you did not agree with me, here are some examples.

1.The Mario and Animal Crossing Clocks and Caculators.
2.The fact that they did not put online multiplayer in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and they made a horrible excuse.
3.The fact that they are allowing a lot of shovelware on WiiWare.

Fact:Even Nintendo makes mistakes.

All three things point to Nintendo making more money or in the case of #2 then saving money than if they did the opposite. Sometimes what makes or saves Nintendo money isn't always good for us gamers though.

Edited on by Bass_X0

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

SonicMaster

What was their excuse for not putting wifi in new super mario bros. wii?

SonicMaster

Bass_X0

A post on GameFAQs:

When online play was asked about for this game, Nintendo said the game was already using too much of the Wii's power and the disc's limitations to add online play. I believed them mainly because I'm a studying game developer and, well, we haven't seen the whole game, who are we to call them liars when they know better than anyone.

Well, I believe they were right, now that demo play will be debuting with this title, I believe this is why the game can't fit online play, as having pre-recorded gameplay takes a lot of memory.

Yea, it's on the games engine but when you think about it, if it's video footage or ghost data, thats across over 80 levels, which would take quite a lot of space.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Stevie

Bass+X0 wrote:

If i had a block of cheese and cut it into 10 pieces and sold only one piece a week for £1 each after 10 weeks i would make £10, if sold all 10 pieces in the first week i would still make £10, hence i don't understand Nintendo's reluctance to increase their release rate. If they did at least they could then concentrate on Wiiware releases and building up a solid group of 3rd party Wiiware developers and also appease their fans. However i am fully aware that that Nintendo works in mysterious ways so i don't expect things to change.

But lets say you're the consumer. If they give you the option of buying ten pieces of cheese in one day, you probably wouldn't. Who needs that much cheese? But if they gave you the option of a weekly cheese then you'd probably buy it every week. £1 a week for ten weeks is barely nothing. £10 in one week is a lot. Over the course of ten weeks, they would probably make more money with a weekly cheese than giving you the option of buying ten weeks worth in a single week.

...mmmm, cheese.

That is true but at least if one week you did want 2 or 3 blocks of cheese that option would be there for you, if Nintendo were to release a load of games for the VC people probably wouldn't buy all the games they wanted in one week purely because they wouldn't have the funds to do so, but at least they would have the option to buy what games they want as and when they want them. In most businesses it is important to give the customer what they want, when they want it, or they will simply go elsewhere, but Nintendo seems to ignore this key rule of customer service and march to their own tune. Yes they have been very successfull by doing this, but that still does not mean it is wise to ignore the wishes of your customers, ask the big music companies about this.

Stevie

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

1.The Mario and Animal Crossing Clocks and Caculators.

You spelt that last word wrong, it should be cackulators

Edited on by Stevie

vio

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Here is the link:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/vcindanger

I hope you sign the petition to save the Virtual Console.

You're putting way too much on Earthbound. VC does not live or die by that game. You also forgot to include Mega Man 4 and Double Dragon 3 in your list.

vio

ItsFuzzyPickles

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@Digiki-There are other instances of Nintendo not being wise. Since you did not agree with me, here are some examples.

1.The Mario and Animal Crossing Clocks and Caculators.
2.The fact that they did not put online multiplayer in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and they made a horrible excuse.
3.The fact that they are allowing a lot of shovelware on WiiWare.

Fact:Even Nintendo makes mistakes.

Your right on #1, since we have to pay for those unecessary add-ons and that Nintendo makes mistakes, however, I disagree with #2 and #3. It would be too powerful for the Wii to handle online mutiplayer with what it already has (And it has a lot), and quality on WiiWare games has somewhat improved, proving that Nintendo is maturing with that service.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Bass_X0

It would be too powerful for the Wii to handle online mutiplayer with what it already has (And it has a lot),

More so than Super Smash Bros Brawl which does have online muliplayer?

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Sean007s

Bass+X0 wrote:

It would be too powerful for the Wii to handle online mutiplayer with what it already has (And it has a lot),

More so than Super Smash Bros Brawl which does have online muliplayer?

Yeah,considering SSBB has TONS....i mean TONS of Levels,characters,SONGS,adventure mode,other modes,gallerys,demos,and....of course WIFI!!!

So is Nintendo saying "New super mario bros.Wii will have so much more content than SSBB we cannot include WIFI in NSMBWii"

Come on...they know damn well it can happen.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Skype:Sean007s
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

CowLaunch

AlexSays wrote:

This is good.

Petitions always work.

It was a petition that led to the abolition of slavery. It's true.

CowLaunch

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.