Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles X - OT

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 4,371

Grumblevolcano

CaviarMeths wrote:

Install size is pretty irrelevant since you'll need an external HDD if you want to go digital anyway.

Digital for everything, sure an external HDD is necessary but if you wanted to own digital versions for your most played games to preserve the disc then install size is very important.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

It's silly to buy digital versions games even on PS4, unless you're into deleting and redownloading that is. Patches, DLC, and downloadable only titles will fill up 500gb before the end of this generation. You'd need at least a 1tb hard drive to go fully digital with some semblance of sustainability, and even that won't last long if you're downloading several AAAs each year. For now just get the disc; that, at least, you own.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

It's silly to buy digital versions games even on PS4, unless you're into deleting and redownloading that is. Patches, DLC, and downloadable only titles will fill up 500gb before the end of this generation. You'd need at least a 1tb hard drive to go fully digital with some semblance of sustainability, and even that won't last long if you're downloading several AAAs each year. For now just get the disc; that, at least, you own.

I dunno, I spooked and bought a 2tb HDD for my Wii U, thinking I would rather have too much space than too little. 2.5 years later, 26 retail games (and a handful of indies and VC) and it's still barely dented. Still have about 1.7tb left.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I dunno, I spooked and bought a 2tb HDD for my Wii U, thinking I would rather have too much space than too little. 2.5 years later, 26 retail games (and a handful of indies and VC) and it's still barely dented. Still have about 1.7tb left.

With all due respect, that's Wii U. Crossplatform Xbox / Playstation games come out in much greater quantity and in much larger file sizes. I wish the consoles could just be bought for $30-50 more with a larger hard drive.

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

With all due respect, that's Wii U. Crossplatform Xbox / Playstation games come out in much greater quantity and in much larger file sizes. I wish the consoles could just be bought for $30-50 more with a larger hard drive.

Well point taken, but 2tb should be plenty sufficient for PS4/XB1 as well. The behemoth games seem to have install sizes around 50gb, of which 40 would fit on a 2tb drive. Very few people ever buy that many games for a single console. Typical software tie ratios are around 8-12, I think.

I almost think consoles should just ship with a barebones internal drive and have 100% compatibility and support with external drives. That would keep entry price low. Consumers are kinda dumb and consider entry price more important than overall cost. But that's kind of 'anti-console.' The whole point of a console is to have a machine that works perfectly out of the box without any need for extra considerations.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I almost think consoles should just ship with a barebones internal drive and have 100% compatibility and support with external drives. That would keep entry price low. Consumers are kinda dumb and consider entry price more important than overall cost. But that's kind of 'anti-console.' The whole point of a console is to have a machine that works perfectly out of the box without any need for extra considerations.

Yeah, I don't see why they couldn't ship different sized hard drives with higher price points, especially as well as these systems are selling.

cookiex

Haru17 wrote:

You're going to need to expand your hard drives on PS4 and Xbox One regardless if you go digital or physical due to mandatory installs.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Haru17

cookiex wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

You're going to need to expand your hard drives on PS4 and Xbox One regardless if you go digital or physical due to mandatory installs.

I believe I just said that...

cookiex

The Japanese download card apparently confirms paid DLC quests coming in the future. Also confirms GamePad/Pro controller support only.

Untitled

Source

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

whodatninja

cookiex wrote:

The Japanese download card apparently confirms paid DLC quests coming in the future. Also confirms GamePad/Pro controller support only.

Source

Interesting!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Dezzy

DLC quests on top of the 200 hour game?
For once, I'm guessing I won't be needing the DLC. Unless it adds new locations or has particularly interesting mechanics.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

So, yeah, this game continues to look awesome.

I'm going to grab a light mech and color it pink so that I can look fabulous when I travel the world.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

erv

The game has creatures with their balls hanging down their neck. Day 1 buy.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TuVictus

There's 32 player groups for more efficient exploration and 4 player simultaneous online co-op. This game is going to be absolutely phenomenal. I hope we can play it soon! If it takes 32 people to explore efficiently, could you imagine trying to explore the entire game by yourself?

TuVictus

Blast

TheLilK98 wrote:

Looks like it's finally time for me to buy an external HD...still buying physical though.

Same here... but how do I buy an external HD? How do we do that? Can you please tell me how to do it? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TheLilK98

Blast wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Looks like it's finally time for me to buy an external HD...still buying physical though.

Same here... but how do I buy an external HD? How do we do that? Can you please tell me how to do it? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

You can find them at most retailers. I'd try Best Buy first. 1TB hard drives are about $45-50 usually. Personally I might just take the HD out of an old laptop, buy an enclosure, and format it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

crimsoncavalier

Every time they release a new video for this game I swear to myself I won't watch it, but I ALWAYS do. The new videos they posted about Dolls ... I can't wait for this game!!!

I'm hoping we'll be able to customize the color of our Dolls. I want a blue one ^_^

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic