Forums

Topic: What if the Wii U Became the Best Console Ever?

Posts 101 to 117 of 117

DaveGX

Kid_Crono wrote:

Since I knew you weren't going to give me a reasonable answer I went ahead and literally abused the quote feature. I quoted 95% of your posts on page 4 and some on page 5 (not like I really had to...). The reason why I did only those was because those comments of yours, are relevant to mine and would have some affect on my comments and so it would clearly indicate that I have read everyone's comments from Page 4 and up, and I know what I'm talking about.

And its quite obvious you haven't cited a single link of proof backing up your "claims." Which would mean... they are indeed opinions.

Yea, exactly. You "knew" NOTHING because I was in the procsss of answering, but apparently you're too impatient and stubborn. Maybe you don't DESERVE my answer since you're so quick and witty to make a response. How's that sound? Man you're so full of yourself it's not even funny. it's not all opinions it's FACT. Again, it's not MY fault you ignorant and miscomprehend things. You even said so yourself earlier in the thread what was it......something along of lines of "I'M CONFUSED" how Nintendo is lazy blah blah blah" That's pretty much all that needs to be said. Sorry, NO exceptions. You FAIL.

Edited on by DaveGX

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

Chrono_Cross

Nintendo is the best developer ever and everyone will kiss their feet in fear of total obliteration.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

theblackdragon

if we could keep this debate to civilized arguments instead of mudslinging and insults, I'd appreciate it. thank you!

edit: guys, I mean it, and yes, I'm deleting comments — if you've got nothing better to do than mosey on in and start poking at people, don't bother posting in this thread at all. please, let's get back on topic.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

thesmorganator

Topic

Y U GET DERAILED??

anyways I doubt it will be the best system ever but I think It'll be pretty good.

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Joeynator3000

Nothing can't defeat the SNES...nothing. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LittleKing

If it became the 'best' console in terms of sales, and had a monopoly over console gaming... Apple would rise up and wipe them out. BWAHAHAHA. starts flame war

LittleKing

LordTendoboy

SnoozerBear wrote:

If it became the 'best' console in terms of sales, and had a monopoly over console gaming...

Sony did that twice: PS1 and PS2

Since those systems are possibly the best-selling consoles ever (yes I know about the DS, but that's a handheld), does that make all the lesser-selling consoles a failure? It seems people hold everything else to PS1/PS2 standards, but maybe their expectations are too high? So what if we never have another 100 million-selling console again? That doesn't mean it's a failure.

My point is, the Wii U doesn't have to sell that good to be considered a success. The Xbox 360 and PS3 are not even close to 100 million sales, yet they are still successful with plenty of developer support.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

bub166

Well, I'd be super happy about that job I'm hoping to get next summer.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

John-John

I want to give Kid-Crono props.

Anyways, yeah, uhm, I really think the Wii U will do well. Especially if Sony and Microsoft wait a while, the Wii U might be just as strong as the others, but newer. Because of that, I'm sure they'd get plenty of 3rd party support; at least, until Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles. So, yeah, all seems good.

John-John

Raylax

It won't. The Game Boy Advance SP has already been made.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

John-John

SuperSushiLax wrote:

It won't. The Game Boy Advance SP has already been made.

I effing loved my SP. O_O SP stands for, like, uhm, Sexy Portable. Yeah.

John-John

Cia

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Nothing can't defeat the SNES...nothing. >.>

Since it's possible to download the best SNES games to Wii, it has already been toppled ('cause the Wii has additionally it's own library, Gamecube's library and huge catalogue of retro games in VC).

Cia

Mandoble

There will be a problem with WiiU, or even two problems. If it is similar to PS3/XBoX it will get some third party support for sure, but then it will have 1/100 of the game library of the other two as already existing games probably will not be ported. So, if you want an HD console, your very last option would be WiiU as you already would have tons of cheap "old" games for the other two. The second problem might happen if the WiiU is too different than the other two, then nobody will support it except for quick to develop minigames and it will be depending, again, on Nintendo's HD Marios. How to avoid these problems is hard to figure out. Might be if it becomes a quite powerful device, even able to compete with PCs. But then do not expect anything cheap, and Nintendo must be cheap to be Nintendo, cheap and way overpriced, that's the trick.

Edited on by Mandoble

Mandoble

Chrono_Cross

Mandoble wrote:

There will be a problem with WiiU, or even two problems. If it is similar to PS3/XBoX it will get some third party support for sure, but then it will have 1/100 of the game library of the other two as already existing games probably will not be ported. So, if you want an HD console, your very last option would be WiiU as you already would have tons of cheap "old" games for the other two. The second problem might happen if the WiiU is too different than the other two, then nobody will support it except for quick to develop minigames and it will be depending, again, on Nintendo's HD Marios. How to avoid these problems is hard to figure out. Might be if it becomes a quite powerful device, even able to compete with PCs. But then do not expect anything cheap, and Nintendo must be cheap to be Nintendo, cheap and way overpriced, that's the trick.

1) Ports of games for the Wii U would be a bad thing. So would remakes. If you missed out on the HD era then that's your fault, really. Why? Because a PS3 is only $250 nowadays and by the time the Wii U is out it will be even less. Above that Xbox 360s are around $100 used. $200 new. And if your getting a Wii U (which could cost up to $400 dollars easily from the looks of things), then you can definitely pay for a new/used PS3/Xbox 360 and get a few games you want.

2) How could the Wii U be drastically different from the competition? It looks like a funky PS3 controller but is very playable. According to people who went to E3 and got the chance to try it out. I don't see where you stand.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

John-John

Mandoble wrote:

It will have a smaller game library, since third parties are already all over Xbox and PlayStation. They won't have any problems with it being drastically different though. If they don't want to use the Wii U controller in their game, then there will probably be some other choice, something like the Wii classic controller.

John-John

WindWaker24

SimmerE15 wrote:

What if it sold, like, over 500 million consoles or something, and sold 20 million, or something, in its first week!
And all the 3rd party devs let Sony and Microsoft to develop for Nintendo?
Then, when Sony and Microsoft came out with their next thing, no one would leave Nintendo because no one bought their consoles!
Then Nintendo dominated the gaming field in both handheld an console sales...

People would forget or disregard all those negative comments and stuff, (possibly from people just feeling like it at the time)... so right now would be kind of sad (before it has even been released )

Positively, if the Wii U became the Best Console Ever, even interstellar and inter-dimensional beings would get in on the fun! ;D

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and n...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.