Forums

Topic: What does Nintendo still need to tell us in a 2014 Wii U ND?

Posts 41 to 60 of 64

Inkling

I'd love to see new trailers for games from E3, maybe SNES Remix, ReUmagined and New 3DS - Wii U Streaming!

But we won't see that

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

I honestly think the next ND will just be about Smash for Wii U, then in January we will get another Direct about the upcoming games. I hope they do the Smash Wii U direct before Black Friday, to put the Wii U in people's minds. Ideally I would rather them give us information on Smash and 2015 titles before Black Friday but I don't think that is going to happen.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Inkling

Also...

New Handheld - announced in 2016
New Console - announced in 2017, teased in 2016

Unless it's that Fusion thingy

RR529

I believe there will be one more ND before the year is out, but I can't see it being a general ND.

It'll probably be a single game ND (probably SSB Wii U), to hype it up as much as possible before release (like we've seen with the MK8, HW, & Bayo 2 ND's).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

unrandomsam

PilksUK wrote:

rjejr wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

how do you convince someone who just wants a handheld that they need the home console too and vice versa?

I'm hopeing that after spending 5 years trying to market the Wii U as a home console w/ a tablet attached they will have figured it out

Nintendo can't market the Wii U as a home console, Sony can't market the Vita as a handheld - maybe a PS4 "remote" player - so somebody has to figure out something before we're all left playing games on our phones and tablets.

Most people on NL smarter than I think "Fusion" (not sure why I keep calling it Unity) will be 2 separate systems that just play really well together, like Amazon's Kinde Fire tablets and Fire TV. Which will ultimately prove Mahe right - Wii U 2 will sell w/ a Pro controller only and those who want 2nd screen gameplay will buy a 4DS U.

I can't believe how badly I've gotten my own forum thread off topic from stuff we REALLY NEED TO KNOW NOW in 2014 to what ifs and maybe in 2016-17.

Yeah we have gone off topic a bit lol I think all we want as fan is release dates.... Nintendo needs to be more forth coming with release dates seems to take them years to tell us when games are coming out.

I would rather them say nothing if the alternative is them saying a time period then not sticking to it. (Last one was Smash 3DS - Summer).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

rjejr

On topic - and making this #11 on my list -

11. What, if anything, will they do to follow up the digital Deluxe Promotion on the Wii U which expires 12/32/14? With all the games due out in 2015 and digital getting rolling it would be sad, and more importantly counter-productive, to see it just go away. But according to the website it's gone in less than 3 months.

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

Important News
[NOTE] The deadline for earning points in the Deluxe Digital Promotion is December 31, 2014. Only eligible purchases or eligible download codes used in Nintendo eShop for Wii U before December 31, 2014 will qualify for this promotion. The deadline to exchange your points for an activation code is March 31, 2015.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

LzWinky

Honestly, I don't really see Captain Toad as a big holiday title

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

rjejr

WaLzgi wrote:

Honestly, I don't really see Captain Toad as a big holiday title

It's funny, b/c I don't see it as a big Christmas title either, it's $40 and an expanded mini-game. But on the other hand I could really see it selling as a gift for kids b/c it has that charm, but nobody wanting to buy it in Jan, Feb or Mar. so no, the game doesn't help promote Wii U really at all, but the game itself would sell better before Christmas than after.

On a personal note, Santa either brings us Captain Toad or Sackboy on PS3 for Christmas, so I would really like to know when it comes out, LBP 3 has some nice pre-order bonuses I hear.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

DefHalan

Captain Toad is related to the Mario series, which is always a big seller for Nintendo. I don't know how well it would sell but coming after the holidays isn't going to help it lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rjejr

Well dates are finally out of the way, so now a holiday ND (I want stuff about 2015 games as well but Christmas sales come first) can focus on:

1. the all important SSB U specific game modes, starting w/ level editor yes or no?
2. amiibo game play in SSB U, MK8 and CT:TT, though it looks like CT amiibo support is being patched in later but I'ld still like to see it
3. Digital Deluxe Promotion - they should at least acknowledge it's ending so those close to a $5 certificate can get there
4. SSB U Wii U bundle?

Saw that nice SSB U and Mario amiibo bundle but it looks like a Wii U bundle isn't happening. Guess they figure MK8 will sell the Wii U and we'll all buy the game and the amiibo. Just cant imagine why they would pass up a SSB U bundle w/ the amiibo and Wii U and an adapoter and controler for $350, collectors love those things. They bundled Wii U w/ Skylanders last year, why not their own toys and game?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

AJWolfTill

I can't see there being any additional releases this year besides the ones we already know about. Nintendo seems to have been coasting off smash hype for the last month and not announcing else outside of HW DLC (and that isn't internally developed). I don't imagine this will change until Smash Wii U, and Bayonetta are out globally.
I'd like to think this masked silence had been designed for them to really work on integrating Amiibo with a huge number of upcoming games and start new projects to take advantage of them.

@rjejr Don't forget that America and Europe still have radio silence on the new 3ds.

AJWolfTill

Nintendo Network ID: NonaryGamer

jump

I can see a surprise eshop game like they did with Nes Remix, DR Lugi etc before the year is out. Fingers crossed for Snes Remix!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

Direct within the next few weeks, focusing on what you need to know for November and December:

• Complete details on amiibo, including games they will be compatible with.
  • Bundles for Smash, both 3DS and Wii U.
  • DLC information for Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors.
  • Announcement that the Digital Deluxe Promotion is being extended indefinitely.

January 2015:

• Localization announcement for Fatal Frame.
  • Localization announcements for 3rd party games, in particular Dragon Quest VII 3D, Final Fantasy Explorers, Bravely Second, Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Knight of Fafnir, and Devil Survivor 2: Break Record.
  • Information on SMTxFE, it's been 2 years since the reveal.
  • New Retro Studios game announcement, new IP or resurrecting old IP.
  • Development team for Star Fox revealed, along with some cinematics or gameplay footage.
  • At the end of the video "we have one more announcement today," and 2 new Metroids announced, 2D for 3DS and 3D for Wii U.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Inkling

amiibo
Smash Bros U details
E3 game trailers
MK8 DLC trailer
Games that fill in the gaps in the launch schedule (ReUmagined)

WebHead

I do hope there is a full global direct before the year is over to cover Q1 2015.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

rjejr

AJWolfTill wrote:

@rjejr Don't forget that America and Europe still have radio silence on the new 3ds.

Can't say I blame them for that. As HIGHLY annoyed as I was at waiting for a date for SSB U - which launches in just 7 weeks, who waits until less than 2 months before announcing a date for their biggest game of the holiday on their poorly selling system!?!? - they do need to keep the hush hush on the "new" 3DS until stock of the old 1 sells out. And who knows when we'll get it. If it was Jan 1 then yeah maybe they should start advertising soon so as not to annoy people, but if could be any time in 2015. Nintnedo is an enigma. Ido hope tey take th etime to ocme up w/ a new name, just simply "n3DS' or "3DSn", don't confuse your customers. They did that enough w/ Wii U and the - "Is it a new console or is it a tablet attachment for the Wii?" - debate. I swear they never learn.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.