Forums

Topic: What does Nintendo still need to tell us in a 2014 Wii U ND?

Posts 21 to 40 of 64

PilksUK

Cross buy and purchases not tied to hardware but just kept on your account like the PSN and Xbox system but I dont think this will happen.... I also think at E3 2015 we will get a new console announcement or tease.

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

Samurai_Goroh

What good would rushing out a new console do them? They should learn from SEGA's mistakes and bide their time carefully.

Samurai_Goroh

PilksUK

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

What good would rushing out a new console do them? They should learn from SEGA's mistakes and bide their time carefully.

I dont think they will rush it I think they will announce a new console next year at some point for a 2016/17 release, as lets face it they want to make money and first party games will only sell so many consoles and third party support is gone and will not be back so they need to move on.

PilksUK

Samurai_Goroh

Understood, I expect a new console no sooner than 2017, though. Maybe even 2018. They really need to make sure the Wii U has a meaty 1st party offering before parting ways, they absolutely cannot afford to have the loyal fanbase that bought it feeling cheated.
In 2015, I don't really want to hear anything about a next-gen successor either, I just want them to make more quality 1st party games for the time being.

Samurai_Goroh

Nintenjoe64

Things they still need to tell us about:
Smash Wii U stuff
Captain Toad
N64 VC Games
More revivals of old franchises

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Grumblevolcano

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Duck Hunt U

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PilksUK

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Nintenjoe64 wrote:

Duck Hunt U

Day one purchase!

PilksUK

rjejr

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

And announce one or two Mario sports games, I'm dying for Mario Tennis on Wii U.

I've always thought 1 of the reasons the Wii U line-up looked weak compared to the Wii was lack of sports games. I'm not sure of the dates but Wii had Strikers Charged and Sluggers, both of which got a lot of play in our house, Sluggers is 1,000x times better than Sports Club U, and Sports Mix but that was much later. Wii also launched w/ Paper Mario but Wii U still hasn't had any type of Mario RPG, which I think maybe they are saving for the amiibo, a Paper Mario RPG adventure type game maybe along the same lines as Subspace Emissary.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

Duck Hunt U should have been a free pack in like Face Raiders on the 3DS to show off the Gamepad. The ducks fly off the tv screen and then fly all over the room and you have to use the Gamepad speakers to follow the noise to find them. They did this w/ the ghost minigame on Wii.
Shooters are a lot easier to explain to folk than "Asynchronous gameplay".

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

DefHalan

I would just like some estimated release times for the games are announced, just need to know the seasons they are coming out, don't need it narrowed down to months even

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rjejr

DefHalan wrote:

I would just like some estimated release times for the games are announced, just need to know the seasons they are coming out, don't need it narrowed down to months even

Well if your willing to settle for seasons than how about half-years? Nintnedo made this banner/ad/picture thing about a month ago. Too bad I've never seen it in a retail store or in a magazine, they must have just made it for internal usage b/c they don't think their fans like or deserve to know when the games are coming out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

Actually this version is clearer but Forbes seemed more official.

http://nintendo247.com/nintendo-releases-wii-u-release-schedu...

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Bolt_Strike

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

Understood, I expect a new console no sooner than 2017, though. Maybe even 2018. They really need to make sure the Wii U has a meaty 1st party offering before parting ways, they absolutely cannot afford to have the loyal fanbase that bought it feeling cheated.
In 2015, I don't really want to hear anything about a next-gen successor either, I just want them to make more quality 1st party games for the time being.

Would they have announced New 3DS if they had any plans to release the next gen consoles anytime soon? 2017/2018 sounds about right.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

rjejr wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Well if your willing to settle for seasons than how about half-years? Nintnedo made this banner/ad/picture thing about a month ago. Too bad I've never seen it in a retail store or in a magazine, they must have just made it for internal usage b/c they don't think their fans like or deserve to know when the games are coming out.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/02/nintendo-sa...

Actually this version is clearer but Forbes seemed more official.

http://nintendo247.com/nintendo-releases-wii-u-release-schedu...

I would feel better with seasons, I am already letting them pass on not giving months lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

PilksUK wrote:

I also think at E3 2015 we will get a new console announcement or tease.

E3 2015: "This autumn we're releasing Zelda and Star Fox, but don't bother to buy a Wii U to play it, since we're soon releasing a new console that will solve all our issues with 3rd party developers. Please understand that it's more important to us that the 3rd parties can make money on our consoles than that we make money on our own 1st party software offerings."

jariw

PilksUK

jariw wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

I also think at E3 2015 we will get a new console announcement or tease.

E3 2015: "This autumn we're releasing Zelda and Star Fox, but don't bother to buy a Wii U to play it, since we're soon releasing a new console that will solve all our issues with 3rd party developers. Please understand that it's more important to us that the 3rd parties can make money on our consoles than that we make money on our own 1st party software offerings."

Most Nintendo fans will always buy first party games announcing a new console that will be coming out toward the end of 2016/2017 will not mean less sales, in fact I would say sales stay around what they are now... Also Nintendo get money for every title released on their platform so yes they want third parties as like any company they want money...

Look at xbox and playstation software sales on the PS3 and 360 did not drop during the 2 years we knew the PS4 and Xbone where coming in fact sales are still strong on those platforms.

Edited on by PilksUK

PilksUK

rjejr

Gotta give Wii U 5 years, w/ or w/o 3rd party support. 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16. So maybe a new announcement at E3 2016 for 2017 if Zelda gets released in early 2016. Twilight Princess released on both GC and Wii but I think Zelda U is U only. Christmas 2016 will be the last great Wii U game - SMG3. Summer 2016 is Metroid U.

Also, 3DS is 4 years old, so they need a new handheld first, and since we get a new 3DS in 2015 that's at least another year away. 2016.

So in 2016 they can announce "Unity" for 2017, the combo 3DS + Wii U, basically a Wii U w/ a Gamepad that can play games on the go. So people in the west who like home consoles will buy it and people in Japan who only like portables will buy it. Separate portables will be sold which double as controllers for those who don't 'want a home system.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

PilksUK

rjejr wrote:

Gotta give Wii U 5 years, w/ or w/o 3rd party support. 2012, 13, 14, 15, 16. So maybe a new announcement at E3 2016 for 2017 if Zelda gets released in early 2016. Twilight Princess released on both GC and Wii but I think Zelda U is U only. Christmas 2016 will be the last great Wii U game - SMG3. Summer 2016 is Metroid U.

Also, 3DS is 4 years old, so they need a new handheld first, and since we get a new 3DS in 2015 that's at least another year away. 2016.

So in 2016 they can announce "Unity" for 2017, the combo 3DS + Wii U, basically a Wii U w/ a Gamepad that can play games on the go. So people in the west who like home consoles will buy it and people in Japan who only like portables will buy it. Separate portables will be sold which double as controllers for those who don't 'want a home system.

I remember reading the rumors of fusion console which is the concept you speak of I just dont see it happening thats a lot of hardware the price would be quite high due to that and that will put people off.

Personally prefer it if they kept in separate not something I would buy and I see the marketing to be a nightmare how do you convince someone who just wants a handheld that they need the home console too and vice versa?

PilksUK

jariw

PilksUK wrote:

Also Nintendo get money for every title released on their platform so yes they want third parties as like any company they want money...

Nintendo get comparative little for each 3rd party game compared to 1st party titles, and even less considering the fact that 3rd party attachment rate is extremely low among Wii U users. Let's say Nintendo get 20% (I don't know what kind of deal retail licensees have though) from a "good-selling" title like Rayman Legends. The revenues for Nintendo for such a title would be about 3.25% of the revenues from Mario 3D World. (Of course minus the EAD development costs and marketing costs initially, and assuming both products have the same price.)

jariw

rjejr

PilksUK wrote:

how do you convince someone who just wants a handheld that they need the home console too and vice versa?

I'm hopeing that after spending 5 years trying to market the Wii U as a home console w/ a tablet attached they will have figured it out

Nintendo can't market the Wii U as a home console, Sony can't market the Vita as a handheld - maybe a PS4 "remote" player - so somebody has to figure out something before we're all left playing games on our phones and tablets.

Most people on NL smarter than I think "Fusion" (not sure why I keep calling it Unity) will be 2 separate systems that just play really well together, like Amazon's Kinde Fire tablets and Fire TV. Which will ultimately prove Mahe right - Wii U 2 will sell w/ a Pro controller only and those who want 2nd screen gameplay will buy a 4DS U.

I can't believe how badly I've gotten my own forum thread off topic from stuff we REALLY NEED TO KNOW NOW in 2014 to what ifs and maybe in 2016-17.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

PilksUK

rjejr wrote:

PilksUK wrote:

how do you convince someone who just wants a handheld that they need the home console too and vice versa?

I'm hopeing that after spending 5 years trying to market the Wii U as a home console w/ a tablet attached they will have figured it out

Nintendo can't market the Wii U as a home console, Sony can't market the Vita as a handheld - maybe a PS4 "remote" player - so somebody has to figure out something before we're all left playing games on our phones and tablets.

Most people on NL smarter than I think "Fusion" (not sure why I keep calling it Unity) will be 2 separate systems that just play really well together, like Amazon's Kinde Fire tablets and Fire TV. Which will ultimately prove Mahe right - Wii U 2 will sell w/ a Pro controller only and those who want 2nd screen gameplay will buy a 4DS U.

I can't believe how badly I've gotten my own forum thread off topic from stuff we REALLY NEED TO KNOW NOW in 2014 to what ifs and maybe in 2016-17.

Yeah we have gone off topic a bit lol I think all we want as fan is release dates.... Nintendo needs to be more forth coming with release dates seems to take them years to tell us when games are coming out.

PilksUK

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.