Forums

Topic: What does Nintendo still need to tell us in a 2014 Wii U ND?

Posts 1 to 20 of 64

rjejr

It's now Oct 2 and SSB for 3DS comes out tomorrow, so now Nintendo can get on with promoting the Wii U for the holidays. because it really does need to sell well this holiday before it actually is too late. So here's a list of things Nintendo will certainly tell us soon along with a few tings it would be nice to see to help pad out a ND:

1. SBB U release date - duh
2. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker release date - it's Jan 2015 in UK but no NA date has been announced yet
3. amiibo release date - competing w/ Skylanders and Disney Infinty figures
4. amiibo gameplay footage for CT:TT and MK8 - all we've seen so far is SSB U, not even SSB 3DS, MP10 and Yoshi are 2015 they can wait
5. SSB U - whatever is in there besides the basic fighting - maybe Smash Run, a level editor, or more for the amiibo to do?
6. SSB U bundles - Wlamart has the game listed w/ 3 amiibo, but the bundle costs more than separetly

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-Amiibo-Start...

7. Will Wii U bundle with any amiibo, or SSB U? I know they already announced 2 other bundles for the holidays but SSB U is obviously the big seller
8. Sonic Boom - it's a Wii U exclusive (3DS game is different) - with a release date of Nov 11, why isn't Nintneod helping Sega promote it? That game gives Wii U 3 exclusives in 3 months - Sept Hyrule Warriors, Oct Bayonetta 2 and Nov Sonic Boom, ND worthy material I think
9. Actual footage of 3DS working as a controller with SSB U
10. Gamecube controller support - are they really releasing a Gamecube controller adapter for $20 and controllers for $30 to only be used for 1 game? Hard to believe they would go thru all that for 1 game, even SSB U. Maybe a firmware update can get Wii U to play GameCube games, or GC games on VC? If a Wii was 2 Gamecubes duct-taped together a Wii U is probably 6 Gamecubes' duct-taoed together, ie if Wii mode works, Gamecube mode might work also, no?

I'm stopping at 10, what else are people (im)patiently waiting to see and hear from Nintendo in a Wii U specific ND for 2014? I'm sure I've missed stuff.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Jacob717

Wii U can't play GameCube games, because it needs a special disc tray and a memory card slot. So a VC is more likely.

Jacob717

xj220_afiles

Cross Buy between the NEW 3DS and the WIIU Eshop! I think this could happen as Iwata said in the past that he wants the Eshop more like itune and google playstore (buy once, get it forever!)
That would be awesome!

Edited on by xj220_afiles

xj220_afiles

jariw

The DLC tracks for the November MK8 DLC, although that would be nice as a complete surprise as well.

jariw

Peach64

I don't think Nintendo Directs are the place for advertising and pushes new hardware bundles as only the most hardcore fan is watching those and we already have Wii Us. I think all that's really left to do is to show us an in depth look at amiibo. Right now they seem kind of limited. Show us how the ones we're going to buy will work with other games like Mario Kart.

Peach64

LzWinky

xj220_afiles wrote:

Cross Buy between the NEW 3DS and the WIIU Eshop! I think this could happen as Iwata said in the past that he wants the Eshop more like itune and google playstore (buy once, get it forever!)
That would be awesome!

I doubt this will happen. It will only work if the New 3DS can play Wii U games...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gerbwmu

I think anything they can show off for what is coming the rest of 2014 in order to hype up the system and games for holidays. Probably next week or the week after. Start with Bayo 2 because it is the next release. Info for Sonic for both systems. Info on Ruby and Sapphire for 3DS. Captain Toad with release date. Probably 2 surprises for eShop/VC like an SNES Remix and either the start of DS or N64 titles. Amiibo release date and some uses for both systems moving into an in depth look at SSB U with release date along with the SSB GC controller and a tease of GC on VC in 2015.

That probably would be good but who knows. Then you get the ND sometime in December with coming in 2015 items showcasing 8-10 exclusives giving Wii U basically 1 release per month/month and half.

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

IceClimbers

I think amiibo will get it's own dedicated Direct. Smash Wii U will probably get it's own Direct too. I don't see a new general Direct coming anytime soon. The MK8 DLC will probably get a trailer dropped randomly - I mean, it works for Pokemon, so it can work for Mario Kart. Either that or the trailer will be in the amiibo Direct. Cross buy and fully merged eShops ain't happening anytime soon. The background theme system update for 3DS will be live randomly with no prior heads up. As for Captain Toad, that will probably get a segment in the amiibo Direct.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

jariw

Gerbwmu wrote:

Start with Bayo 2 because it is the next release.

There was a Bayonetta 2 direct a month ago.

jariw

Offspring

If we get a "holiday" direct, Nintendo needs to tell us about amiibo's uses in other games besides SSB, give a release date for Captain Toad, confirm whether or not they are releasing N64 and Gamecube games on the VC, and tease the 2015 releases.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Gerbwmu

jariw wrote:

Gerbwmu wrote:

Start with Bayo 2 because it is the next release.

There was a Bayonetta 2 direct a month ago.

I know that.....but doesn't mean they won't remind you that it is coming soon with a new 30 second bit to start off the direct.

Gerbwmu

Nintendo Network ID: TheGerbers

Bolt_Strike

They definitely need to show more of amiibo, if they're trying to sell this thing on its ability to affect gameplay, they need to do better than "CPU ally that plays the game for you".

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

rjejr

Dipper723 wrote:

Wii U can't play GameCube games, because it needs a special disc tray and a memory card slot. So a VC is more likely.

I forgot about the memory card slots on Wii, so yeah probably no disc support. But they should at least give us Gamecube VC for a $50 adapter and controller purchase. Or let that combo work w/ MK8 or something else. Seems like a lot of additional money for 1 game so I would like to see them promote it in a ND.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

xj220_afiles

WaLzgi wrote:

xj220_afiles wrote:

That would be awesome!

I doubt this will happen. It will only work if the New 3DS can play Wii U games...

I know, but i meant for Virtual Console games. That would be great.

xj220_afiles

retropunky

xj220_afiles wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

xj220_afiles wrote:

That would be awesome!

I know, but i meant for Virtual Console games. That would be great.

It would be awesome for virtual console titles and eShop titles available for both 3DS and Wii U.

Also, where are the N64 games??

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

conman2012

I like what it said by the OP. Surely that controller is going to be used for more than just SSB. Gamecube VC or a couple of new GC remasters would be good.

After E3 I thought that might be it for suprizes this year (it was pretty good after all), other than VC stuff, and then they dropped the New 3DS, which shows at least that they may be holding back something else. Also, lets not forget the DS VC.

conman2012

rjejr

Probably falls under the heading of "grasping at straws" but I think Ninteod updated the Wii U page (US) to list SSB U as "Coming soon". Still says "Holiday 2014" but I think "Coming soon" is new. It's a start. And yes, I am that desperate for Nintnedo to give us something info on the U version

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

NintendoFan64

Some news on the games they at E3 (I'm not expecting Starfox or Zelda, but they could still talk about Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Splatoon, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, and Yoshi's Wooly World.). Amiibo is definitely something that could use some more info. Maybe they could show us how it could work on the other games that use it, like Mario Kart 8. And finally there is the obvious: Some info on Smash Bros for Wii U. Maybe they could announce a new mode or something.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Samurai_Goroh

They need to show us SMT X Fire Emblem and Fatal Frame V for the west, asap. And announce one or two Mario sports games, I'm dying for Mario Tennis on Wii U.

Samurai_Goroh

Grumblevolcano

Amiibo usage outside of Smash, Smash Wii U release date and things that distinguish it from the 3DS version, Captain Toad release date, SMTxFE info and finally GameCube VC (before N64 preferably).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.