Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 9,421 to 9,440 of 15,210

Haru17

I would like to blow a Bokoblin off of a cliff with the korok leaf, jump off after him, use the bow-let time to hit him with a bomb arrow midair, and fall through the explosion's cinder cloud down onto Link's awaiting horse.

And another random thought, but I can't wait to see players in heavy plate armor jump off of a cliff and press the paraglider button like usual, only to plummet straight down like a rock. Except unlike the Fallout power armor hero drop, Link ain't getting up from that one. No spoilers here, just a hazardous guess

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Monkey_Balls

According to Amazon, my copy of BotW is shipping on March 1st. Fingers (and anything else that can be crossed) crossed I'll be playing it on the 2nd.

Henmii wrote:

As for heart-containers: They seem to be out, sadly. You have to increase your hearts with food, potions and certain gear. May not be permanent benefits.

@Henmii I'm pretty sure heart containers are in the game. Recent footage has shown Link with 17 hearts (and they are permanent). It is thought, but not confirmed, that there is a total of 30 hearts (which could mean a lot of heart containers). Considering some enemies have been shown to wipe off 8 hearts with one hit I think we'll be needing them.

@Maxz It's a late reply but thanks for the translation explanation regarding Aonuma's interview video. Apologies for not replying sooner (life's been a bit hectic recently).

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

jump

Do we still have no idea what the new Amiibo do yet? I was hoping the 30th anniversary ones were gonna be skins for Link rather the barrels coming out of no where.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@jump It's still unknown but there's still 19 days left. I've been thinking for awhile now that Nintendo may have a Direct next week which includes lots of important Switch details left out like the online service, VC, eshop, etc. and announce what the amiibo do then.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

So, do we know what the purpose of travelling across the land and meeting the secondary characters? If not, I have a theory, but I'm not sure if this is either already obvious to everyone or spoiled by GameInformer. I'm gonna say it anyway, cuz dang it, it's fun to make theories!

So, it's been confirmed that you can tackle Calamity Ganon at any time, and that travelling the world is optional. I previously came to the conclusion that traveling the world before CG, other than grabbing a few weapons and heart containers, was mainly for experiencing the game's optional story. But I've come to realize that it's more likely that the entire game experience is centered around making the impossible fight with Calamity Ganon easier and easier. Naturally this means that things like meeting these characters, completing these so-called dungeons, fighting these dungeon bosses, and encountering these mega-guardians have some sort of direct correlation to the final fight with Calamity Ganon.

Anyway, my theory is that the whole point of visiting these 4 tribes all across Hyrule is to gain the favor of each of these four characters (the goron, the falco guy, the zora lady, and the gerudo), so that they will join you in the fight against Calamity Ganon and greatly increase your chances. It seems to really fit the structure of the game that Nintendo seems to be employing.

Sorry if this is old news, or if someone has already come up with this theory.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

jump

Nicolai wrote:

So, do we know what the purpose of travelling across the land and meeting the secondary characters? If not, I have a theory, but I'm not sure if this is either already obvious to everyone or spoiled by GameInformer. I'm gonna say it anyway, cuz dang it, it's fun to make theories!

So, it's been confirmed that you can tackle Calamity Ganon at any time, and that travelling the world is optional. I previously came to the conclusion that traveling the world before CG, other than grabbing a few weapons and heart containers, was mainly for experiencing the game's optional story. But I've come to realize that it's more likely that the entire game experience is centered around making the impossible fight with Calamity Ganon easier and easier. Naturally this means that things like meeting these characters, completing these so-called dungeons, fighting these dungeon bosses, and encountering these mega-guardians have some sort of direct correlation to the final fight with Calamity Ganon.

Anyway, my theory is that the whole point of visiting these 4 tribes all across Hyrule is to gain the favor of each of these four characters (the goron, the falco guy, the zora lady, and the gerudo), so that they will join you in the fight against Calamity Ganon and greatly increase your chances. It seems to really fit the structure of the game that Nintendo seems to be employing.

Sorry if this is old news, or if someone has already come up with this theory.

He gave an interview about that and said he thought it was strange that it would only be Link fighting and no other heroes would be trying to save the day or something along those lines.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

FGPackers

Maybe they will give Link something useful for the fight

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Eel

We know that the boss of that one dungeon is a part of ganon, so it makes sense that completing the dungeons would make the final fight easier.

It'd be super cool if the supporting characters you help along the way add their strength to the fight too. In a way or other.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

Meowpheel wrote:

We know that the boss of that one dungeon is a part of ganon, so it makes sense that completing the dungeons would make the final fight easier.

It'd be super cool if the supporting characters you help along the way add their strength to the fight too. In a way or other.

I was just assuming it was like Phantom Ganon in the Forest Temple in OoT, rather than actual part of him. I could see the boss being like him in WW where you had different stages of puppet, duel swords etc and by clearing dungeons and bosses just means it one less stage in BOTW at the end

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

FGPackers

Frankly i don't think last theories will be there. To me other races will give Link something to get better through the game or just help him at the end (look at the bottom on the Zora scene in the trailer, something is glowing), to give them a more central role in the story. And to "justify" that we will have as an option to help them by destroying the 4 big machines

FGPackers

Haru17

I am really excited that Breath of the Wild will see players in direct control of Link at all times. Things like first-person bow aiming and Skyward Sword's beetle abstracted players from him in past titles, but now Link will be onscreen at all times outside of the Sheikah scope. Even in the menus, while controlling metal objects, and while controlling a horse, Link will still be immediately within the player's purview.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

GoronBrudda

OorWullie wrote:

I wonder if the entire soundtrack will be new or if there will still be usual remixed classics in there too?No "house" music will leave me disappointed.I can entertain myself for ages with Toon Link shuffling left to right in shield pose with the camera spun around to face him.The facial animations in time to the music never fails to amuse me.The best place to do this is in the auction room with the crowd behind you.Or how about running round in circles in fairy fountain with the camera facing and the fairies chasing you?Hypnotic stuff.Or the classic backs to the wall left to right shuffle in time to the music.Or is it just me

lol. No it's not just you! It's one of those irresistible things to do. In WindWaker it's even funnier to use the thumbsticks to control link's expressions when he's taking the selfies with the pictobox. Countless times have me and my daughter done that and made him say silly stuff! My daughter's favorite is to get him to squint his eyes and make noises like he's taking a dump, or to say something naughty and getting his eyes to look sheepishly left and right after he says it. Countless hours of fun can be had just on silly things like that alone. I wish I could say it's just my 8 year old daughter that finds this hilarious, but I'm 37 years old, and am just as guilty I'm afraid! I'm willing to bet I'm not the first to get a kick out of childish things like getting link to do a silly dance, getting him to pretend he's stabbing the friendly characters with his sword, tossing wild pigs into the ocean, or purposely annoying the chickens just to make them chase link! Admittedly, some of those things were deliberately intended for us to do in the game, but many of them are not, yet provide for countless irresistible ways to amuse ourselves with extremely juvenile behavior! All part of the fun in my opinion! (I swear I'll grow up one day. But perhaps maybe not!)

Anybody else that will admit to doing these things?

(....Come on, admit it! -You know you wanna!!)

GoronBrudda

GoronBrudda

FGPackers wrote:

jump wrote:

I'm more worried if there's enough songs on the soundtrack, as the music in the trailers is great, but when you're playing there's not a lot of background music going on with nature's sounds being the game music.

Same concern here. But i think they're hiding something from us on the music aspect of the game, otherwise i don't get why the soundtrack

I'm totally with you guys on that one! The music in Zelda games is a huge part of their magic in my opinion, but so far all of the trailers seem to show the in-game music to be incredibly lacking in that respect. Like you quite rightly say though, hopefully there'll actually be more in the game than we have seen in the trailers. We know that they have been adding to it bit by bit, and only revealing certain aspects of it as they go. So I'm hoping and praying that the actual game isn't as bland musically as the trailers seem to suggest. There was one trailer that showed some music that sounded promising, which although started off faint, but picked up and got quite lively and adventurous as it got further into the trailer. But it's hard to tell whether that was just for the trailer or is in the actual game. (and so far there has only been one trailer that shows any of the music with that level of atmospheric brilliance). But let's all hope that we are pleasantly surprised when we get to play the actual game!

GoronBrudda

Eric258

One thing I remember a while ago, when watching some Zelda footage (can't remember if it was from teeehouse or not) was that the player accidentally feed the dog in the stable areas rather than the horse. Do you guys reckon this means we'll be able to tame wild wolves, dogs and possibly other animals? It would make sense since they already have the AI for wolf link.

Brainstorm! Maybe you have to tame that seal thing from the trailer in order to ride it through the desert?

Edited on by Eric258

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

jump

Eric258 wrote:

One thing I remember a while ago, when watching some Zelda footage (can't remember if it was from teeehouse or not) was that the player accidentally feed the dog in the stable areas rather than the horse. Do you guys reckon this means we'll be able to tame wild wolves, dogs and possibly other animals? It would make sense since they already have the AI for wolf link.

Brainstorm! Maybe you have to tame that seal thing from the trailer in order to ride it through the desert?

Maybe but Aonuma did say the only companion in the game is Wolf Link, so if you can tame wild animals it will be very different to the way Wolf Link works.

Nicolai wrote:

Luna_110

I just wonder if the music from the last trailer (the one in the Switch presentation) will be in the CD with the Special/Master edition of the game. Its too damn epic to not have an instrumental version only.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Henmii

"I'm pretty sure heart containers are in the game"

I really hope so, it gives meat to the game. Though there already seems to be meat in other ways (120 shrines, 900 korok puzzles, etc).

Henmii

FGPackers

FGPackers wrote:

Frankly i don't think last theories will be there. To me other races will give Link something to get better through the game or just help him at the end (look at the bottom on the Zora scene in the trailer, something is glowing), to give them a more central role in the story. And to "justify" that we will have as an option to help them by destroying the 4 big machines

I don't want to vaunt myself or anything, but i think i have found another element to support this in the last trailer...

FGPackers

jump

So the game isn't even out yet but how long do we reckon til we get the next Zelda? With Ninty sinking alot of their resources into just making the gane engine I could see them just launching straight into the next one using the same Link and art style.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic