Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 15,210

Haru17

@Octane Neither does Molgera. Idunno, maybe it'll literally have a Jhen Mohran phase with it sitting on top of the sand and shooting sand at Link.

Either way, that octorok on the stream was my favorite thing. Just passing by a river and a rock falls in front of Link. Excellent. Also, big chus are great, I hope they work exactly like in Twilight Princess.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

@Haru17, Wow, I guess that really was an Octorok! It's a shame, I can't really get a good look at it.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Octane

I haven't seen the stream, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Wonder when they're going to upload the streams.

Of course I meant that I completely missed that 6-hour video that Nintendo uploaded 17 hours ago...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

JoyBoy

Haru17 wrote:

OH MY GGGOOOOOOOOODDDD!!! I love him.

Untitled

This master Goron needs to be on this page as well because he is the most awesome.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Calllack

What with the mention of the Calamity Ganon being a cyclical thing which repeats itself over history, it makes the original or unified timelines seem more likely. Link and Zelda even look like their Skyward Sword counterparts.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

Nicolai

Here you go. It takes you directly to the Breath of the Wild portion of the Nintendo Treehouse Live event.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ClockworkMario

@Spanjard
Oh man, he's just awesome I love the contrast between his arms the size of a log and barrel stomach & his tiny baby legs.

So, I'm sure you've all noticed the white-and-blue flower popping up trailer after trailer – it even makes an appearance on the logo. I did some digging, and it's apparently very similar to a real tulip of the lily family called Tulipa humilis alba coerulea oculata.
Untitled
What could it mean though? Flowers are deep in symbolism, from the basic "red rose means love" to some really complex meanings. White tulips symbolise "purity, innocence, rebirth, sense of hope and renewal" according to some fairly hokey sites I found.

Of course, it might be this motif only has internal meaning, which will make sense once we know the story. At least the blue on the flower is kinda similar to the blue color that dominates this game (from Links clothes to the magic arrows etc.) and pure white brings to mind Goddess Hylia and Zelda's dress.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Nicolai

@ClockworkMario, Rebirth would make sense what with the ressurection, but I learned from watching Lockstin's crazy Pokémon theories that just about every flower can symbolize rebirth. Personally, I think they chose that flower because it's particularly wild-looking.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

JoyBoy

ClockworkMario wrote:

@Spanjard

Of course, it might be this motif only has internal meaning, which will make sense once we know the story. At least the blue on the flower is kinda similar to the blue color that dominates this game (from Links clothes to the magic arrows etc.)

Don't forget about the amazing Goron scarf!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nicolai

Just watched Zeltik's Analysis, and its pretty good. Big spoilers though, if he's right. I'd got two additional theories.

I think, half- way through the game, Calamity Ganon will start corrupting entire shrines, and ramp up the difficulty. This would be a really interesting way to make a difficulty curve despite being able to tackle them in any order. Every shrine would essentially have to be designed twice, though, but it would be amazing if it were true.

I think Zelda can time travel, and her white dress indicates she's in the past, and her link outfit indicates she's in the present. I think Zelda's dressed a little like link and holds a slate and sword because she was trying to take Link's place while he was sleeping, and no one was sure if he was even going to wake up. Food for thought!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

beatlesfan317

I'm just worried the game could be a little rushed since it is being released basically as the new system launch title.

[removed]

Don't use these forums to advertise other products, you can put a link in your signature if you want to - Octane

Edited on by Octane

Panic Mansion http://philome.la/beatlesfan317/panic-mansion is a combination of a trivia game and an action-rpg available to play online, in a web browser for free. You must answer questions and defeating bosses at the end of each lev...

Henmii

What do you guys think of the box-art? Nice, but I hoped for the picture where Link is climbing.

Also, I hate the name Calamity Ganon. From the trailers text I feel like Calamity Ganon is just Ganon as always! Why did someone at Nintendo think: Lets put "Calamity" in front of it? That's just stupid!

Also, this topic probably has to go to general gaming: There will be 2 versions, with the exact same content as far as we know.

"I'm just worried the game could be a little rushed since it is being released basically as the new system launch title"

Rushed?! Believe me, the game is done for mooooooooonths. They only needed to port the Wii u version, that's all!

Also, the burning town reminded me about that rumor I read somewhere. It was about Ganondorf (wich is a friend from Links hometown according to the rumor) who saw a vision through a timeshift stone about the king making a misstake. The misstake led to the burning town. Ganondorf goes out to defeat the king.

"The fact that the horse can be killed raises the stakes"

Lol: Its like Glover. Keeping yourself safe, and the ball.

Nice artwork by the way. The Zora looks like prince Ralis. Hopefully the Gorons are a proper race this time. The dark-skinned girl might be a Gerudo.

And yes: Zora's AND birds. Maybe the birds are just evolved from Skyloft. Maybe they are yearning for their old country and culture, hence they are going hostile (the one from the bird-ship at least).

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Octane

I just pre-ordered my Wii U copy for €49.99. Knowing Nintendo, the Wii U version will come in a limited quantity, and since it's impossible to get a Switch at launch, the Wii U version will be the only way I can play the game. Even the Wii U version was already sold out at several big retailers. And knowing that I won't get it for anything lower than €50 at launch, I thought I might as well pre-order it. First time I've pre-ordered a game more than week before launch.

Octane

Henmii

"It's just the calamity, Ganon. I guess"

Hmm, I don't know.

Oh, and I ordered the Wii u version too a minute ago. Normally I don't do that, but yeah: You can guess it will be a pain to get on third March. Due to circumstances it costs me 57 Euro. A bit to much but if that means playing it on launch its okay.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Nicolai

I can't wait to do a no death run of this game. It's got to be really hard to do!

Got married.

Octane

@Nicolai I would be glad if I managed to do a no horse-death run, don't even want to think about a regular no death run. Seems to be almost impossible.

Octane

Octane

Tsurii wrote:

Heck, I...I may try it blind if I don't forget.

Do it literally; blindfolded. Now that's a challenge.

Octane

Eel

Tsurii wrote:

I don't think Calamity is actually part of the name. It's just the calamity, Ganon. I guess.

They don't refer to him/it as such at all in German at least and, as far as my Russian goes, not really in that language either but don't quote me on the latter because my Russian is pretty...basic (learned it for a couple years but it doesn't go beyond understanding the general gist of things by now)

In both Spanish trailers, they refer to ganon as the calamity, but they never say it like calamity ganon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

shani

Man I can't wait to play this game! The story trailer was excactly what was missing the whole time, the vast open world is great and all, but let's be honest, Zelda games always excelled because of the story and the 'magic' that lies in the world of Hyrule.
I've watched the Japanese trailer about 20-25 times and every time I get goosebumps and tear up... the Japanese trailer features way better voice acting compared to the English one, so I really hope I can switch the language in the game.

There were so many elements from previous Zelda games!
The Deku tree. Zelda. Everything she did and sacrificed in the previous games (e.g. Skyward Sword). Is that Zelda when she was still called Tetra in Wind Waker? Gorons, the Great Fairy and the Zoras from Ocarina Of Time. The King of Hyrule from Skyward Sword, when he asked you to save Zelda.
Seems to me like Zelda's dialogue ("it was all for nothing") spawns a backflash where you can see what our two heroes did in the previous games (= in the game's past?).

Someone on reddit had a convincing theory that BotW takes places in the fallen hero timeline... I just want to know the whole story already!

Henmii wrote:

Knowing Nintendo, the Wii U version will come in a limited quantity, and since it's impossible to get a Switch at launch, the Wii U version will be the only way I can play the game.

Octane wrote:

Oh, and I ordered the Wii u version too a minute ago. Normally I don't do that, but yeah: You can guess it will be a pain to get on third March.

Have you guys never heard of digital downloads before? The're unlimited. I'll just buy the game from the eshop and comfortably download it on March 3rd.

Also, I don't believe it will be impossible to get a Switch at launch. Right now it is totally possible to pre-order the Switch in several shops. And Nintendo already said they'll produce 2 million units for the first three weeks. That's more than enough, it's not like the whole world will want to buy this device.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic