Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,301 to 8,320 of 15,210

Henmii

"we don't have the shoe horned motion controls that were on TP for Wii"

That's true.
I don't write of the Switch version just yet, its just that at the moment I am still aiming for the Wii u version.
As for the framerate-moaners: People forget that there is still quite some time for fine-tuning. Nintendo won't release a choppy Zelda!

And on the horse-head tent (seen in the trailer): I think you can hire a horse there. But you can also catch one in the wild.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Octane

@Tsurii Nope, Wind Waker, both the original and the remaster, ran at 30fps with frequent drops during the intense situations. I remember that sailing during thunder storms slowed the fps down by quite a lot, or when you used more than one bomb at the time. During battles too, but iirc some of that was meant to be, like the lag after impact.

Octane

Haru17

I remember spin-attacking a crowd of miblins slowed the game down a bunch. It worked, but I can't tell whether it was an intended delay or a technical conceit.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I appreciate higher performance when it's available, but, I don't turn my nose up at a game with a few hitches or 30 FPS. But I also acknowledge that some games...really just didn't/don't hold up well at times (Goldeneye comes to mind).

Anyhoo, Nintendo are optimization wizards. I'm not worried about the framerate in BotW.

This pretty well summarizes my frame rate preferences.

As for which version I'll be getting....This late in the game, I think I'll wait to see both the Wii U and Switch versions reviewed and compared before I decide which one to get.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

I'd generally prefer more advanced graphics over 60fps. Most games seem to do fine without it, as long as they maintain smooth 30.
It'd be great if more games gave you multiple options like that. 60fps or better graphics at 30.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

I'm getting into full crazy person territory now — and I accept that — but I think the smoke clouds above Death Mountain were more dispersed and less like a solid mass in the Tonight Show build.

Dezzy

Looks the same:

Untitled

Haru17

Naw, I mean the outermost clouds. They look fragmented and broken up. Not like a solid ring.

Dezzy

Well it is constantly moving. Watch that timelapse video. You probably just happened to see it at a particular time on that Switch version.

JoyBoy

Or Link in the Tonight show version has defeated the whatever is lingering there boss, and the clouds reflect that. Just like in other Zelda's.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

I'm getting into full crazy person territory now

Yep..

Clouds look the same to me, nothing unusual.

Octane

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

I'm getting into full crazy person territory now

Yep..

Clouds look the same to me, nothing unusual.

When has Haru NOT been crazy?

They look the same to me as well, tbh.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Is it me or has the grass grown about 2.2421 inches in Switch footage from the Wii U version?

Haru17

@Dezzy Yes, and it's started glowing like all of the shrines too.

Untitled

Dezzy

How many towns do we think there'll be in the final game? We've still seen so little in that respect.
I wonder if that will grow in correlation with the world size or if it'll just be the standard 3 or 4 villages and maybe 1 town.

Nicolai

@Dezzy: i hope there are a lot. It seems like a surefire way to keep the game interesting. As alluring as an abandoned natural world is, human interaction is a basic need of our species, and it would get a little depressing after a while without it.

On an unrelated topic, I was playing through my old Wii copy of Twilight Princess, and I just learned that you can play fetch with a dog! If this isn't a feature with those purebred beauties in Breath of the Wild, I'll riot.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Well, again, Breath is Skyrim.

There is this huge, vast, and varied wilderness full of dungeons, treasures, and enemy camps. And — if Breath if is a good imitation — there will also be five or so major towns (racial towns like Falco's airship), as well as a bunch of minor villages (that place with the red-dressed villagers) and outlying settlements (the horse pavilion).

And, if there isn't, it'll just be a Far Cry that plays better.

Haru17

Interestingly enough, the fact that runes have independent cooldowns lets players have two bombs out simultaneously — one spherical and one square-shaped. That's a clever little bit of balancing IMO.

Also, in the E3 demo, if Link walked off a cliff with his bow draw he would just fall normally, not activating bullet time / flurry rush.

And can someone please rap at me about the grander battle theme in Polygon's vid? That violin and discordant BEAT tho!

Luna_110

I don't think there will be that much towns or villages. After all, wasn't part of this Hyrule supposed to be destroyed with Calamity Ganon? I assume that when he destroyed the castle town he did happen to kill some villagers...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

erv

Well, the game isn't called breath of civilisation...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic