Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. stages, items, music, extras ect. ideas?

Posts 141 to 160 of 185

zoroarkrules25

I agree, i think it should be monthly though. Maybe one character, stage, item, etc.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Snagrio

They would make a total killing with DLC, just as long as it's supplementary stuff and not things that would be held back from the main game. But Nintendo has been doing good so far with how they handle DLC, so I'm no worried.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SteveRod1992

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I agree, i think it should be monthly though. Maybe one character, stage, item, etc.

Not sure about monthly, people might think Nintendo is milking for cash. Maybe every 6 months?

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

FriedSquid

Just my thoughts on DLC, I would say Stage Builder stages weekly via SpotPass (if they bring the builder feature back, as well as user-generated ones like in Brawl), and perhaps ordinary DLC stages about every few months for a while. It really just depends on how much they care about creating new stages as DLC, and how long it would take to make a single stage, not to mention the expense of creating new ones for a certain amount of time. But stages, I think, would work well as DLC. Personally I don't think items should be DLC, but perhaps things to customize characters, like accessories. And if they were to add characters as DLC, I think they should approach it by adding a few characters as DLC generated over time, perhaps for a higher price than other DLC items like stages.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

SCRAPPER392

I'd rather get all the stuff at once, when I buy the game. I can see it happening if some one gets an idea after the game releases, and HAS to put in the game. They could easily charge $1-5 for a stage, or custom stage packs. The DLC prices could vary, but getting the game out in time with as much content as possible is key.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SteveRod1992

I truly want the game to be out over a year before we get DLC. I could see a pack maybe 2 character, 3 stages etc. Now seeing how Nintendo does DLC so well I truly think they wouldn't disappoint with DLC if any becomes in the works.

SteveRod1992

SCRAPPER392

I think they mark deadlines based on their finances. They're gonna take as much time as they can, but if they need a million dollars a month sooner than planned, they will release a game early. Luckily Nintendo doesn't need money that bad, or don't appear to need it, so we're in for some good quality stuff right from the get go.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SteveRod1992

The more time the better! I want this game to blow my brains out lol. I'm truly sure the new 3D Mario, and Mario Kart U will be the games to help them make the millions before the new Super Smash Bros.

SteveRod1992

DefHalan

It would be nice for DLC and having it be 1 Character, 1 Stage (Most likely themed with the character, and 1 item (again themed with the character) for 5 bucks. I think I would do it

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Snagrio

I can see stages and maybe items as DLC, but not characters. Remember what Sakurai said about wanting to made the roster balanced? Not to mention he also said there won't be a boatload of new characters this time around (although that might change, who knows), again to help with balancing. So DLC character-wise would kind of go against what Sakurai is trying to accomplish. Not saying such a thing would never happen, but I have my doubts.

Snagrio

zoroarkrules25

SteveRod1992 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Not sure about monthly, people might think Nintendo is milking for cash. Maybe every 6 months?

That makes more sense, i was trying to get a decent time range where even after people unlock everything nintendo gives them something new with just waiting for a decent amount of time.

ShadJV

WingedFish wrote:

I can see stages and maybe items as DLC, but not characters. Remember what Sakurai said about wanting to made the roster balanced? Not to mention he also said there won't be a boatload of new characters this time around (although that might change, who knows), again to help with balancing. So DLC character-wise would kind of go against what Sakurai is trying to accomplish. Not saying such a thing would never happen, but I have my doubts.

Hm, I think DLC doesn't affect balancing, and patches can always help balance characters even more, plenty of fighting games do that.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Snagrio

ShadJV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Hm, I think DLC doesn't affect balancing, and patches can always help balance characters even more, plenty of fighting games do that.

You have a point there.

Snagrio

ShadJV

Honestly, I sorta think Sakurai just wouldn't like the idea of DLC, like once he finishes a game he wants that to be the final product, no later additions, but... I could be wrong and would love some additional DLC later on to keep the title feeling new.

Peace!

TysonOfTime

Maybe he'd be down with free DLC?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

ShadJV

TysonOfTime wrote:

Perhaps, that seems more like Sakurai's style. I'd be down for that, but it seems unlikely especially for characters.

Peace!

TysonOfTime

ShadJV wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Perhaps, that seems more like Sakurai's style. I'd be down for that, but it seems unlikely especially for characters.

I know PS All-Stars got some free (albiet for a limited time) DLC.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

zoroarkrules25

I think Sakurai would approve of DLC, he likes to add uniqueness to his games.

Snagrio

I imagine the poor man will want to rest after working on what is inevitably a behemoth of a game, so even if there will be DLC, I wouldn't expect it for a while. And that's perfectly fine with me if it means Sakurai can have a moment to catch his breath.

Snagrio

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.