Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,281 to 14,300 of 27,917

Grumblevolcano

TheGreatGamer wrote:

It hurts me a bit how there might not be a Grass Pokemon for this game, it's so weird. They should add Sceptile to the game. He is perfectly suitable for a fighting game that is. He is very agile, and he is around the same age as Charizard so that can be more history for Sceptile! This is Sceptile: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/3e/254Sceptile.png/... His moves can really make an moveset all together, why not just add him... he is the best of all Grass Pokemon that can be suited for this game. If he isn't in, or any grass pokemon then I will be a bit disappointed. I like pokemon a lot actually, but smash I didn't like pokemon trainer cuz I only like Charizard. Now they added Greninja and that's really cool. Also I just realized that Jigglypuff was in the leaked picture lol... Considering that the leak is true, I hope that the roster was unfinished at the time the picture was taken. Anyways considering the leak is true I think I will play these the most... (Spoiler for those that don't want to see leak)

ROB
Ike
Charizard
Mario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
and then Donkey Kong/Bowser it depends, I liked one of them in one game and the other in the other, so it might be one of them or both.

PLEASE ADD A GRASS POKEMON TO THIS GAME SAKURAI

I thought Sceptile would seem likely given the Hoenn remakes, those games were obviously planned a long time ago as main series Pokémon games have been going yearly for a long time now. However there's already 5 Pokémon playable assuming Jigglypuff is in so it would seem a bit over the top to add another.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@Grumblevolcano - Normally I'd agree with you but going by what we think we know; there's like 7 Mario reps (including the good Doctor). With that said, I don't care for Sceptile at all, simply because he's not that popular outside of "for smash" discussions.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MsJubilee

If i can choose a pokemon to be in smash,it would be Cacturne don't know why,maybe cause he's my favorite pokemon.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Speaking of Pokemon, I you could choose ANY one of all 700+ Pokemon to be playable in Smash, who would it be?

For me, it'd be cool to see Gengar!

And don't pick one that already been in Smash.

Turtwig, Grotle, or Torterra. I am kinda sick of humanoid Pokemon, give me something a little different lol Plus Grass type. My second and third choice (also grass cause I love grass pokemon) Breloom and Cacturne, they may be Humanoid but I like these guys

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pootypie

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

It hurts me a bit how there might not be a Grass Pokemon for this game, it's so weird. They should add Sceptile to the game. He is perfectly suitable for a fighting game that is. He is very agile, and he is around the same age as Charizard so that can be more history for Sceptile! This is Sceptile: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/3e/254Sceptile.png/... His moves can really make an moveset all together, why not just add him... he is the best of all Grass Pokemon that can be suited for this game. If he isn't in, or any grass pokemon then I will be a bit disappointed. I like pokemon a lot actually, but smash I didn't like pokemon trainer cuz I only like Charizard. Now they added Greninja and that's really cool. Also I just realized that Jigglypuff was in the leaked picture lol... Considering that the leak is true, I hope that the roster was unfinished at the time the picture was taken. Anyways considering the leak is true I think I will play these the most... (Spoiler for those that don't want to see leak)

ROB
Ike
Charizard
Mario
Greninja
Captain Falcon
Doctor Mario
and then Donkey Kong/Bowser it depends, I liked one of them in one game and the other in the other, so it might be one of them or both.

PLEASE ADD A GRASS POKEMON TO THIS GAME SAKURAI

I thought Sceptile would seem likely given the Hoenn remakes, those games were obviously planned a long time ago as main series Pokémon games have been going yearly for a long time now. However there's already 5 Pokémon playable assuming Jigglypuff is in so it would seem a bit over the top to add another.

What about the Mario characters...

Also if any pokemons... I would say... Infernape

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Nintendo_Ninja

I would like Feraligater or Hitmonlee playable.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

19Robb92

And I can find lots of arguments for supporting him as a character. I could find arguments for pretty much any character to be in Smash. That doesn't make him, or any one else, more or less likely.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Datasun_7

Swampert all the way

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Haxonberik

I'll have to agree with @defhalan here, if we are to have another pokemon rep, it should be quadrupedal. I personally would like Meganium, but I'd rather have characters from unrepped franchises first anyway.

www.convectiongames.com

LzWinky

Yeah, like Duck Hunt!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DreamyViridi

I can't think of any quadrupedal Pokémon I'd like to see playable.
Meloetta would be my choice, she's like Jigglypuff but a bit more interesting and either of the "forms" could work, I guess.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Inkling

Duck Hunt Dog = King

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

UGXwolf

19Robb92 wrote:

And I can find lots of arguments for supporting him as a character. I could find arguments for pretty much any character to be in Smash. That doesn't make him, or any one else, more or less likely.

I think you missed my point. It doesn't matter whether he should out shouldn't be playable. I can see how he might have been faked. That's what makes him more questionable than the others. If he got in, good for him. I'll probably try him out, but if he didn't, he's probably plastered over the I've Climbers, since as I said, they would be in the exact same spot that the Duck Hunt character is in.

DDR. Mario and Dark Put, on the other hand, represent something very different: the clone corner. I can't think of any more likely characters to be in their place.

And at this point, arguing Bowser Jr. would be silly.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I think you missed my point. It doesn't matter whether he should out shouldn't be playable. I can see how he might have been faked. That's what makes him more questionable than the others. If he got in, good for him. I'll probably try him out, but if he didn't, he's probably plastered over the I've Climbers, since as I said, they would be in the exact same spot that the Duck Hunt character is in.

DDR. Mario and Dark Put, on the other hand, represent something very different: the clone corner. I can't think of any more likely characters to be in their place.

Surely if this "clone corner" exists, Falco should be there too unless they finally changed his Final Smash from Landmaster to something which actually makes sense.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Surely if this "clone corner" exists, Falco should be there too unless they finally changed his Final Smash from Landmaster to something which actually makes sense.

I think the "clone corner" (if it exists) is for characters that were just alts until they were changed, like how Lucina got into smash. Not just every character that is a "clone"

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

@GrumbleVolcano We're talking total clones. Falco isn't quite so cloney as Lucina, who literally shares all of Marth's set and animations, only leaving out his sweet spot. The clone corner likely applies only to characters that were originally planned to be ALTs and later became separate characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TheKingOfTown

I'm hoping the sweetspot change isn't the only thing different about Lucina. At least change SOME of her moves like with Dr. Mario and Mario

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic