Forums

Topic: King Boo could be added as a playable super smash bros Wii U character as a cloned reskinned Kirby!

Posts 161 to 180 of 202

WiiUseeker2

Sanya wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Shouldn't this guy at least get a warning for hexa-posting, or is this the only forum ever were that's allowed?

It's the weekend, where all the mods are gone apparently.

Jmaster wrote:

Shouldn't this guy at least get a warning for hexa-posting, or is this the only forum ever were that's allowed?

why are you smothering me? if you don't like me or my thread you can leave. I haven't broken any rules and I haven't done anything wrong. Have a nice day alright? peace.

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

ShadJV wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Where's the love for Shy Guys huh?!!

Untitled

I agree, they could be a Game & Watch clone.

But seriously, would be an amazing way to market Splatoon would be releasing Splatoon themed DLC for Smash around the game's launch! Squidgirl player, Splatoon stage, maybe even an ink gun item or one of the enemies as an assist trophy! I know that's all a long shot though...

hey we can dream! woo!

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

iKhan wrote:

How is this topic still alive?

"i-its not like I like your thread or anything... baklava..."

WiiUseeker2

LaserdiscGal

For the love of everything Nintendo, lock this thread already.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Joeynator3000

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

why are you smothering me? if you don't like me or my thread you can leave. I haven't broken any rules and I haven't done anything wrong. Have a nice day alright? peace.

...Multiposting is against the rules. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chaoz

Untitled

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

KO-Cub

How about everyone stops posting on this pointless thread, huh? No one is entitled to their opinion so it's pointless to say Boo deserves a spot in Smash. This isn't going anywhere.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

WiiUseeker2

MetalK9 wrote:

How about everyone stops posting on this pointless thread, huh? No one is entitled to their opinion so it's pointless to say Boo deserves a spot in Smash. This isn't going anywhere.

"no one is entitled to their opinion so its pointless"
HAHAH what!?

Sanya wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Sanya wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

...Multiposting is against the rules. >_>

you mean replying to comments, by replying to them!?!?

Pokefraker wrote:

why? for the love of Nintendo I want this thread to succeed in making Nintendo aware of what different people want.

WiiUseeker2

LaserdiscGal

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Pokefraker wrote:

why? for the love of Nintendo I want this thread to succeed in making Nintendo aware of what different people want.

Untitled

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

CanisWolfred

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

Mr. Game & Watch says hi. Duck Hunt Dog says hi. King Boo can work, too.

G&W and Duck Hunt both reference their own series, being G&W and the lightgun games. What does that have to do with King Boo, who has no series to reference?

He's actually trying to say that the characters were too simple in their original form in an attempt to counter my "Boo is too simple to be a Smash fighter!" argument. That's only true for Duck Hunt Dog, but they basically slapped a skin on what what could've been a Banjo-Kazooie fighter if Ninty still had the license...but Boo, he doesn't even have legs - that means no kicks, which cuts down on a wide variety of moves. He doesn't usually move fast. His only practical in-game move was turning invisible when you stared at it. Even the Paper Mario's Lady Bow relied heavily on same 3 basic characteristics (Hitting with here [unique] fan, turning invisible/invincible, and screaming), and yet that's likely more than what King Boo could muster...

Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides. boo can move at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character. boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield. boos scream could be a light knockback windy "woosh" from boos mouth.

Yeah, that's the response I expected. Those all of the attacks I could think of. But I wasn't exaggerating with the 17 moves thing, that is the bare minimum amount of moves any Smash character could have (and most characters usually have a few more than that). There's 6 moves I could think of (dash attack, lick, three punch varients, and a scream. Possibly a 7th if they can somehow make the invisibility thing a counter), but he needs at least 11 more, plus a Final Smash (which could be splitting into a bunch Boos and utilizing them somehow)...and seriously, I've been racking my brain over this. I really don't think there's a lot of possibilities with this character. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TeeJay

Meanwhile at Nintendo HQ...

Sakurai bursts into Smash Bros office

Sakurai: "STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING I HAVE AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!1!"

Worker: "What is it sir?"

Sakurai: "Starting today we are going to work on releasing KING BOO as DLC!!"

Worker: "King Boo...? Why King Boo?"

Sakurai: "Some guy made a thread about it on the internet! Clearly this is what the people want!!"

Worker: "Sir, it was only one-"

Sakurai: "NO THIS IS CLEARLY WHAT EVERYONE WANTS THE GUY SAID SO"

Worker: "But sir nobody is even agreei-"

Sakurai: "SHUT UP I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING"

Worker: "But-"

Sakurai: "No more buts!! I'll have a moveset ready by this afternoon! I'm thinking...Kirby clone"

Worker: "......"

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

WiiUseeker2

CanisWolfred wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

G&W and Duck Hunt both reference their own series, being G&W and the lightgun games. What does that have to do with King Boo, who has no series to reference?

He's actually trying to say that the characters were too simple in their original form in an attempt to counter my "Boo is too simple to be a Smash fighter!" argument. That's only true for Duck Hunt Dog, but they basically slapped a skin on what what could've been a Banjo-Kazooie fighter if Ninty still had the license...but Boo, he doesn't even have legs - that means no kicks, which cuts down on a wide variety of moves. He doesn't usually move fast. His only practical in-game move was turning invisible when you stared at it. Even the Paper Mario's Lady Bow relied heavily on same 3 basic characteristics (Hitting with here [unique] fan, turning invisible/invincible, and screaming), and yet that's likely more than what King Boo could muster...

Boos kicks could be spinning low punches that drag along the ground, since boo's arms at at the sides. boo can move at "floating" walking speed or "floating" running speed same as any other character. boo could turn slightly see through yet still obviously visible as the block/shield. boos scream could be a light knockback windy "woosh" from boos mouth.

Yeah, that's the response I expected. Those all of the attacks I could think of. But I wasn't exaggerating with the 17 moves thing, that is the bare minimum amount of moves any Smash character could have (and most characters usually have a few more than that). There's 6 moves I could think of (dash attack, lick, three punch varients, and a scream. Possibly a 7th if they can somehow make the invisibility thing a counter), but he needs at least 11 more, plus a Final Smash (which could be splitting into a bunch Boos and utilizing them somehow)...and seriously, I've been racking my brain over this. I really don't think there's a lot of possibilities with this character. :/

this is great, we are just random people and we already thought of this much, I'm sure Nintendo would know what to do with the rest.

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

TeeJay wrote:

Sakurai: "Some guy made a thread about it on the internet! Clearly this is what the people want!!"

Sakurai: "No more buts!! I'll have a moveset ready by this afternoon! I'm thinking...Kirby clone"

I found this funny.

I was thinking more like "Nintendo has recieved an email" "Huh what's this?" "Oh we will consider it. Okay!, hey team think about this! yea okay cool!"

WiiUseeker2

OdnetninAges

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Eel

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I found this funny.

I was thinking more like "Nintendo has recieved an email" "Huh what's this?" "Oh we will consider it. Okay!, hey team think about this! yea okay cool!"

In reality that would go more like...

<email received>
<employee reads the title>
E: another character request....
<sends generic response about "thanks for your input, I'll send this to the correspondent team", if he feels like it>
<deletes email>

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

I_Am_Kappa

midnafanboy wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

This thread is still going?

I ask that same question myself.

Why shouldn't it continue? im amused by this

I_Am_Kappa

MsJubilee

Ugh this thread

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CanisWolfred

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jmaster wrote:

Blast wrote:

this is great, we are just random people and we already thought of this much, I'm sure Nintendo would know what to do with the rest.

Not really. We're two random people who couldn't come up with more than 6. In Nintendo's boys who make the big bucks might be able to come up with better ideas, but as a group we should be able to come up with more ideas between us, even if they're stupid ideas...we came up with the same 6 ideas. Like I said they need at least 17 moves, but due to balancing, they need way more possibilities, so they can pick and choose what moves to use. I mean, they might be able to take liberties and work in some more things if need be - look at the pokemon, for example. But usually they base it on basic traits. That's why Boo's lack of appendages is an issue - it limits even his basics. It very well may be a lost cause at this point...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

I said before that the Mario series in Smash has enough fighters. That's why King Boo shouldn't be in. I'm sure Sakurai could create moves for him if he tried. I still like King Boo and wishes he was in Mario Kart.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

OdnetninAges wrote:

I love how garbage threads like this get more than 125 posts, but whenever I make a thread asking for help about something, it doesn't get jack s**t.

Because this is fun, while help threads don't require any more than a simple redirect because 99.9% of the time, if someone needs help on the internet, the information is either not available, or it's available on the internet, and that person just didn't put in enough effort to find it...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.