Forums

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,203

JaxonH

I'm so excited for this game, moreso than any upcoming game on Wii U, 3DS, PS4 or Vita. THIS IS IT. THIS is why I'm a gamer. THIS is why I love Nintendo, and THIS is why I own a Wii U. Very rarely does a game actually excite me, I mean REALLY excite me. I may anxiously anticipate a game here and there, but seldom do I freak out, schedule vacation from work and mark the days on my calendar...

Edited on by theblackdragon

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Rezalack

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't know if I'll like this more than 3D World. That's a tough call. It's gonna be amazing, though. I think I may prefer 3D World for fun value, but consider this the greater piece of art, but who knows?

EDIT: Side note: The more I see about this game, the more I think that SDA and SRL will being jumping on the DKCTF bandwagon, the minute it comes out. This game just seems to have so much for speedruns. A lot is going on, and the game, itself even has features that just encourage speedrunning, in general.

SDA and SRL?

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

holchasaur

JaxonH wrote:

I'm so excited for this game, moreso than any upcoming game on Wii U, 3DS, PS4 or Vita. THIS IS IT. THIS is why I'm a gamer. THIS is why I love Nintendo, and THIS is why I own a Wii U. Very rarely does a game actually excite me, I mean REALLY excite me. I may anxiously anticipate a game here and there, but seldom do I freak out, schedule vacation from work and mark the days on my calendar...

I'm with you there, sir. I told my wife I'm going to be wrapped up for at least a few days when this one releases. I haven't been this stoked on a game since, well, DKCR.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

JonnyKong

I've booked one day off work just to play this.

Wish I had more holidays to take, but I've ran out

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Dark-Luigi

Say, does anyone feel like listening to grassland grove and suddenly have a feeling of The Lion King movie? Because listening and looking at that level kind of made it feel that way, like it was from Lion King.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

UGXwolf

Spuratis wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't know if I'll like this more than 3D World. That's a tough call. It's gonna be amazing, though. I think I may prefer 3D World for fun value, but consider this the greater piece of art, but who knows?

EDIT: Side note: The more I see about this game, the more I think that SDA and SRL will being jumping on the DKCTF bandwagon, the minute it comes out. This game just seems to have so much for speedruns. A lot is going on, and the game, itself even has features that just encourage speedrunning, in general.

SDA and SRL?

Speed Demos Archive and Speed Runs Live. Two websites dedicated to speedrunning video games and teaching others how to do it, too.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

jump

Just pre-ordered it this morning

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

cookiex

This will be the first Nintendo retail game I'll buy digitally.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

MasterWario

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

In regards to that video, I thought of something radical but totally awesome if true

MasterWario wrote:

You know what would be crazy? If we had a few worlds off the main island as was shown, and then proceeded to have the 8 worlds from DKCR (revamped with frost theme of course).

That would be fantastic if they finally broke the 8 world streak, although it is possible DK island would be treated as one world as a whole (i.e. there are 8 islands in total), with TF levels going though each original world but lacking as much levels as DCKR had. The reason I feel confident saying that is because every frozen level has similar themes to DCKR, while the non-frozen levels do not. Specifically take a look at 2:48. That IS the forest from DCKR, albeit frosted.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

MasterWario

DestinyMan wrote:

I think it's pretty clear there will be a level or two of each world from Returns with an ice theme. The Factory should cool on ice.

Perhaps it was a little obvious. Today I boarded the hype train; I didn't expect to suddenly get way too excited for this game.

DestinyMan wrote:

Actually, from the Japanese overview trailer, the snowy silhouette level may be the Cliff!

Agreed.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

SparkOfSpirit

The final theme in the soundtrack video makes me think of DKC2 every time I hear it.

If there's an actual volcano level, I deeply hope that Hot Head Bop is remixed. That it wasn't in DKCR was such a missed opportunity since the music in those levels were so boring and forgettable.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

rockodoodle

While I'm kinda looking forward more to Mario Kart/Smash Bros. more, Donkey Kong is one of my favorite characters- so I agree with you on this, "I love Nintendo, and THIS is why I own a Wii U."

It just wouldn't feel right for me to buy a console and not be able to play Donkey Kong or Mario Bros.

JaxonH wrote:

rockodoodle

skywake

Miss_Dark wrote:

the first 5 songs.. I was.. so quiet all of a sudden. Especially aquatic ambience and the last one. David Wise is pure genius.

I was so happy when I found out that Aquatic Ambience was in it. I really hope they put more of the classic tracks in it. If I'm just playing a level and suddenly stumble across something like this:

It'll basically be the best game ever, instantly.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

mystman12

skywake wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

the first 5 songs.. I was.. so quiet all of a sudden. Especially aquatic ambience and the last one. David Wise is pure genius.

I was so happy when I found out that Aquatic Ambience was in it. I really hope they put more of the classic tracks in it. If I'm just playing a level and suddenly stumble across something like this:

It'll basically be the best game ever, instantly.

Mining Melancholy. AAAAWWWWWW YEAH! I'm hoping there's a remix of this too! Definitely my favorite track from the DKC series.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

DestinyMan wrote:

With Aquatic Ambiance fully in the game, there's hope for DKC2 music after all. However, I expect there will be very few remixes because the majority of the soundtrack is still completely new music.

I know at least one more DKC2 remix is in the game. I won't tell in case anyone wants to find out for themselves.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Something around the 2:05 mark, anyone get DK64 feels out of the music?
Also, I must be the only one who thinks K.Rool has nothing to do with this. Let go of the past, people. There are new villains ahoy!

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

@Dark - Exactly! Take the pic you're using for your avi right now. He's cool (no pun intended) and looks very intimidating. I feel that eerie chill of a vibe would be taken away if it was all "Oh, it was K. Rool the whole time".

Mario Maker Levels

JonnyKong

I do love a good world map.

Looks like there's lots of hidden/alternative paths on there too.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - DKCR is right up there with DKC1 and 2 to me, but I agree that the Tikis are rather 'meh' in comparison to the Snowmads now. You never saw Tiki Tong until the very end but you get a glimpse of the Snowmad Leader from the get-go which is part of the reason why I prefer the latter.

Also, looking at the video shows the flying ice creature more clearly. What I thought was a bird is actually more of a dragon by the looks of things.

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.