Forums

Topic: (Press Release) I Know What I'm Spending My Refunded 500 Points on...

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Aenaida

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=20195

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: DISCOVER NEW WORLDS, HIDDEN WORDS AND THE FIRST FINAL FANTASY

Oct. 5, 2009

Fans of the legendary FINAL FANTASY® series should be especially pleased with this week's downloadable game lineup. Making its Virtual Console™ debut is the original FINAL FANTASY, an NES™ classic that can now be enjoyed on the Wii™ system for the very first time. For hand-held gaming action with a sci-fi twist, this week's new Nintendo DSiWare™ title, Thorium Wars™, lets you take control of an arsenal of vehicles to blast through waves of enemies in a variety of exotic locations. If it's a more down-to-earth experience you're after, check out an engaging new WiiWare™ puzzle game. Consumers should also note that today is the final day of a special promotion: You can receive 1,000 bonus Nintendo DSi Points™ by purchasing a new Nintendo DSi™ game system and connecting to the Nintendo DSi Shop by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on Oct. 5, 2009. For full offer details, please visit DSiOffer.Nintendo.com.

Virtual Console

FINAL FANTASY
Original platform: NES
Publisher: SQUARE ENIX
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) - Mild Fantasy Violence
Price: 500 Wii Points™
Description: The world lies shrouded in darkness. The winds die. The sea rages. The earth decays. But the people believe in a prophecy, patiently awaiting its fulfillment. "When darkness veils the earth, four Warriors of Light shall come...." After a long journey, four young travelers did at last appear, and in the hand of each was clutched a crystal.

Nintendo DSiWare

Thorium Wars
Publisher: Big John Games
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) - Fantasy Violence
Price: 1,000 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: In Thorium Wars, you must stop the Thorions, a super species of Thorium-based machines, from destroying mankind. Blast through waves of Thorions by controlling an arsenal of tanks, skyfighters, hovercrafts, gunboats and starfighters with either the standard or touch-screen controls. In 12 exciting missions, navigate through a variety of combat environments while viewing 360 degrees of the battlefield, fully rendered in 3-D. Toggle between first- and third-person views to destroy the terrifying army of Thorium beasts, from swarms of Redeye Drones to the bone-crushing Manticore Walker. This man-versus-machine battle proves to be the ultimate test for the survival of the fittest.

WiiWare

Word Searcher
Publisher: Digital Leisure Inc.
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: You'll need a sharp eye and a quick mind to complete 100 themed word-search puzzles. Word Searcher contains fun words from multiple categories including anatomy, world cities and U.S. presidents. With a huge assortment of subjects to choose from, there's sure to be a puzzle for everyone to enjoy. Help improve your vocabulary, memory and problem-solving skills with these engaging puzzles. Track and try to beat your own play-through times again and again—words are scrambled every time you play.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Edited on by Aenaida

I feel my mind dissolving around...
-
A Backloggery in progress.

ReZon

Definitely will be picking up Final Fantasy!

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

warioswoods

The Thorium Wars site (http://www.thoriumwars.com/screenshots.php) has some very appealing screenshots. Our first $10 DsiWare game, but looks to be worth it.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

ReZon

warioswoods wrote:

The Thorium Wars site (http://www.thoriumwars.com/screenshots.php) has some very appealing screenshots. Our first $10 DsiWare game, but looks to be worth it.

It does look very nice, but with all that pretty, you've got to wonder how long the actual game is due to DSiWare's file size limitation. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Machu

Thorium wars looks frakkin' sweet, some DSiWare that I actually want.

Oh, and Final Fantasy is poo. That really was the worst choice of names, ever.

Rawr!

blackknight77

I may check out Word Searcher but that seems like a better fit for DSI than Wii Ware. Oh well whatever I am still enjoying Driift Mania from last week.

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

Devil_Hunter_Dante

I saw last night somewhere that Final Fantasy was getting released on VC this year. I might just get it even though I have beaten it a few times. It was still a fun game. Thats right as someone said the free VC game thing. I just might wait to get it then since I originally paid for the Internet Channel.

Devil_Hunter_Dante

Bass_X0

Machu wrote:

Thorium wars looks frakkin' sweet, some DSiWare that I actually want.

Oh, and Final Fantasy is poo. That really was the worst choice of names, ever.

Not really. It was a fantasy game that would have been their final game if it hadn't sold well. The name reflects the attitude towards their current situation at the time rather than thinking up a imaginitve name that would be very well known twenty years later and beyond.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Machu

It's a joke dude jeez, I just like winding up Final Fantasy fans, cos I think it sucks hard.

Mighty Warrior "I shall smite thee, but first, I shall stand here so you can hit me, gar!"

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Bass_X0

Well some people really are that clueless when it comes to origins of certain videogames and why things are the way they are.

Its never a good idea to make others think you are completely stupid even for a joke. Sometimes the reputation of being clueless and stupid sticks even if it was only a joke on your part to begin with.

There's better jokes to come up with.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

ReZon

Terranigma wrote:

Also, just wondering but in NA, is there a new section in the DSi shop channel to search for games costing 1,000 points?

Pretty sure it'll just be in the "800+" section.

Machu

Bass+X0 wrote:

Its never a good idea to make others think you are completely stupid even for a joke. Sometimes the reputation of being clueless and stupid sticks even if it was only a joke on your part to begin with.

Easy fella. Sorry if I offended you. How about next time, you don't get offended.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

warioswoods

@Terranigma

I'm guessing it will appear in the "800+" category.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

longtimegamer

Am I gonna have to separate you guys?

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Machu

He started it.

Rawr!

longtimegamer

LOL.

Edited on by longtimegamer

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Xkhaoz

@Bass_X0 Yeah, I've known that Final Fantasy would have been Square's last game, but the were WRONG!!!!!!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Adam

Machu wrote:

That really was the worst choice of names, ever.

Not as bad as Machu.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

retired_account

weirdadam wrote:

Machu wrote:

That really was the worst choice of names, ever.

Not as bad as Machu.

Ohhhhhhh snap.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.