Posts 101 to 120 of 147

TheDreamingHawk

the_shpydar wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I still believe that EB will come to VC

[/div]

There's your first problem.

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

considering that it honestly doesn't have much legal issues in the first place.

[/div]

And there's your second.

It honestly isn't about whether the legal issues are strong or valid cases (which, honestly, they are). The amount of money that needs to be spent to defeat even a frivolous legal challenge when it comes to corporate copyright law is extrvagant.

Face facts. It's not going to happen. The sooner people accept that, the happier all will be.

I only have problems with people trying to be like moderators when they are not.

I would doubt EB on VC if it never got rereleased on the GBA, but seeing how absolutely nothing happened after it's release, I doubt they would get in trouble if they left the songs in. Stupid parents haven't been able to successfully damage nintendo yet!

Explain why Mother 2 was given a demo in Smash bros on the JP version, and that it's still isn't out yet in Japan.

All I care about is a JP release at the most, that will prove the game is fine.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

TheDreamingHawk

And I have a JP copy of Mother 1 and 2 thank you very much. I just don't see why people diss EB central a lot over this, WHEN THEY ARE THE SAME. PEOPLE THAT TOLD US ABOUT IT HAVING ISSUES!

zelda_4_life

If they were to localize Earthbound would enough people buy it to make enough to make up for the cost of changing the 3 issues

UN-FIX MAKA WUHU

Aviator

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I still believe that EB will come to VC

[/div]

[/div]

There's your first problem.

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

considering that it honestly doesn't have much legal issues in the first place.

[/div]

[/div]

And there's your second.

It honestly isn't about whether the legal issues are strong or valid cases (which, honestly, they are). The amount of money that needs to be spent to defeat even a frivolous legal challenge when it comes to corporate copyright law is extrvagant.

Face facts. It's not going to happen. The sooner people accept that, the happier all will be.

[/div]

I only have problems with people trying to be like moderators when they are not.

I would doubt EB on VC if it never got rereleased on the GBA, but seeing how absolutely nothing happened after it's release, I doubt they would get in trouble if they left the songs in. Stupid parents haven't been able to successfully damage nintendo yet!

Explain why Mother 2 was given a demo in Smash bros on the JP version, and that it's still isn't out yet in Japan.

Parents might not notice the songs but the copyright holders will and boy will they sue.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

e-love

I wish they could just change it, if hackers can mess around with the ROMS however they please so easily, than Nintendo should have no problems changing out the things that would be subject to copyright. All games on Virtual Console are ROMS anyways, so I see no difference.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Captain-N

Emaan wrote:

I wish they could just change it, if hackers can mess around with the ROMS however they please so easily, than Nintendo should have no problems changing out the things that would be subject to copyright. All games on Virtual Console are ROMS anyways, so I see no difference.

I'm pretty sure NoA, & NoE have to "correspond" w/ the "mothership"(pun post-forum post intended), NoJ. Last I knew, NoJ said no on (the issue of) NoA altering the rom.

Captain-N

Ryno

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

I'll bite. I thought this was pretty obvious but apparently it is not. Japan and the United States are sovereign nations and have their own laws therefore copyright issues and intellectual property law is very different. You have pretty much answered for yourself why Earthbound is not coming back to the United States and the West with your questions. The Mother GBA games were never released outside of Japan and there was no Earthbound demo on Brawl outside of Japan either. Why? Do you not see a pattern? A Japanese release of Earthbound doesn't mean anything to the United States.

Emaan wrote:

Editing a song is practically like admitting guilt of copyright infringement. Hello lawsuit!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

e-love

@Capt_N wasn't it Itoi saying no to changing it? I don't think Nintendo of Japan would have.

@Ryno. How could they be charged for copyright if its being changed? I don't really follow copyright that well.

Its a shame Iwata got everyone's hopes up. Saying that Earthbound would be one of the games to feature when the Virtual Console was first announced. Why would he have said that had he not known the specifics on it actually happening?

Edited on by e-love

Ryno

Emaan wrote:

@Ryno. How could they be charged for copyright if its being changed? I don't really follow copyright that well.

How many copies of Earthbound have been sold in the United States with that song on it already? Research the term "royalties."

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

DarkEdi

There are a lot of VC games. Play other games.

Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

zelda_4_life

I agree
earthbound is not worth all this talk, and discussion

UN-FIX MAKA WUHU

e-love

zelda_4_life wrote:

I agree
earthbound is not worth all this talk, and discussion

Your opinion.

ogo79

here let me quote myself again...

ogo79 wrote:

that is an idea although its going to be a little hard to convince shigesato itoi to agree, as he said there would be no altering allowed to it.

that is your reason, in a nutshell.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

here let me quote myself again...

ogo79 wrote:

that is an idea although its going to be a little hard to convince shigesato itoi to agree, as he said there would be no altering allowed to it.

that is your reason, in a nutshell.

Kids these days don't care about artistic integrity. It's all about gimme, gimme, gimme!

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

TheDreamingHawk

I still think they should give it a chance. Heck, even if Mother doesn't come to the VC, it should at least appear in Nintendo land in some form.

And to be honest, I wouldn't care about EB on VC if we had more games.

Personally, for some reason we haven't gotten the japanese versions of FF II and III on NES, and V on the SNES, NA hasn't gotten devil world for a mysterious reason, and DR mario is nowhere in sight. What's happening to the big shots?

Captain-N

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

DR mario is nowhere in sight. What's happening to the big shots?

[/div]

Nintendo probably reasons that different ver.s game are (already) available, via WW(WiiWare)/DSiW(are), &/or that making available a 500pt(point) game detracts from d/ls of the other, & perhaps more expensive ver.s of the game

As for the "big shots", many majority(read: people)-considered-it(-to-be) popular titles are already on the service. Of course, a lot is still not on the service. This is to be expected. Apparently, Nintendo doesn't wanna go through the hassles(legal/programming/paying the programmers/etc.) of getting some titles. Really though, it's a shame, as it not only was a major portion of the Wii's individual charm over the other systems, but it also set the proverbial bar/precedent for any future Nintendo online emulation services, out in plain sight, for all to see. Like the events in Peter Pan, these conversations have all happened in the past/before, & they will all happen again. The Wii VC could be improved, but I don't think Nintendo would want to do it, w/ the WU coming up. Unless they plan to upgrade the VC w/ a major overhaul type of upgrade.

Edited on by Captain-N

Captain-N

LzWinky

Emaan wrote:

That would take resources away from things that would actually make money. And no, I don't think an $8-10 VC game is very profitable.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

e-love

LztheBlehBird wrote:

That would take resources away from things that would actually make money. And no, I don't think an $8-10 VC game is very profitable.

They've made quite a bit of money off of the Virtual Console so far, and I'm pretty sure with Earthbound's status of people wanting it Nintendo would get a lot of downloads. Literally it wouldn't take that many resources, when its the matter of changing out audio. Its not like they have to overhaul everything.

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Personally, for some reason we haven't gotten the japanese versions of FF II and III on NES, and V on the SNES, NA hasn't gotten devil world for a mysterious reason, and DR mario is nowhere in sight. What's happening to the big shots?

[/div]

The only official version of FFII is an Engrish prototype version (created for Summer CES '91, but Square canceled the game before getting the text up to quality standards). Since that never came out, of course they never worked on III.
Who knows how far FFV SNES got along in its official translation (first as FFIII, then as FF Xtreme when Square resumed it after releasing FFVI), and then as FFV for a canceled PC version that was announced around the same time as FFVII (and I think a couple other SNES-to-PC ports that I remember reading were announced but never came out either, like Secret of Mana).
Devil World isn't released in NA because Nintendo fears a backlash from Christians who would vocally oppose its mild tastelessness. Dr. Mario isn't released because there's a WiiWare version.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

TheDreamingHawk

You know, Wave Race 64 had advertisements removed, and that would take just as much effort as EB. I think it's Itoi, but we don't know.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.