Forums

Topic: 1000 points burning a hole in my pocket. Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario 64?

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Amorous_Badger

/EDIT - went for Paper Mario.

a few hours in, and it's delightful.

Edited on by Amorous_Badger

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

killer6370

id choose Super Mario RPG,Its better and a bit difficult;and i dont like paper style

killer6370

Reala

Paper Mario by far, Mario RPG has not aged well IMO, leveling up is a chore.

Reala

zane

Hold it for cavestory..... 2017!!!

Old Nintendofan from up north...

Amorous_Badger

I've just acquired LIT, very much enjoying this. Brrrr....that creepy phone...

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

Lurch

I'd go with paper mario, the entire game is gorgeous to look at, smooth to play with, engages you a lot, offers tons of side quests, offers a lot more variety and is overall just extremely awesome.
I do like mario RPG, but i suggest getting paper first, RPG later on

Lurch

Smileoscar

I think you should buy paper mario first and then a Super Mario RPG. They are both good games but Paper Mario is better.

I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hari-kiri rock!!! I NEED SCISSORS!!! 61!!!

GeminiSaint

Paper Mario is the better game IMO.

GeminiSaint

bro2dragons

i kinda prefer mario RPG. it defintely could have been a lot better than it is, but it seems more epic in terms of its story (probably square's influence), and it's a longer game.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Noire

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Paper Mario, no question.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

retired_account

That's a difficult choice. I have both, and both are great. SMRPG takes a bit of getting used to, and Paper Mario can be pretty annoying at times.

I'd say: If you have a Mario & Luigi game, go with Paper Mario. If you have a Paper Mario game, go with SMRPG. If you have both or neither, go with Paper Mario. If you love Chrono Trigger or the other SNES RPGs by Square, go with SMRPG.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Omega

I wouldn't say that one is better than the other as they are both a lot of fun to play. But I think most gamers today would prefer Paper Mario over Mario RPG because it uses 3D graphics and looks more modern whereas the Mario RPG "only" has 2D bitmap graphics.

Ωɱɛɡɑ

Stevie

I would go with general consensus here, both great games but Paper Mario wins by a whisker. You can't really go wrong with either though.

Kid_A

Paper Mario 64 by a country mile. I was incredibly dissapointed with Super Mario RPG--after playing the much-improved Mario & Luigi series Mario RPG feels a bit boring and lame in comparison. Paper Mario, by contrast, is one of the best RPG's you'll ever play.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Mama_Luigi

Paper Mario.
It was longer and better for me

Mama_Luigi

cheetahman91

Paper Mario. Then get Mario RPG. Both games are excellent, Paper Mario is a little bit better.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Kid_A

Mama+Luigi wrote:

It was longer and better for me

I'm going to take the high ground and NOT make a "that's what she said joke". I could, but I'm not going to do it

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

StarBoy91

Super Mario RPG. Then you could get Paper Mario.
Or vice versa.

To each their own

Starkiller

Paper Mario first. It's not really a traditional RPG, which is what makes it great! The graphics are superb, the best on the N64.
Edit: Not to say traditional RPGs are bad, but PM is better.

Edited on by Starkiller

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

SwerdMurd

Castlevania Rebirth. Just wait a bit

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.