Forums

Topic: What is your one most overrated and one most underrated games you've ever played?

Posts 121 to 140 of 232

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher I won't ask until you're ready, I'd like trust to be natural. I completely respect you and your choice! And don't be sorry, I'd see it as disappointing if you gave me your friend code; because that would stand against your own values. Head held high!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@FeverDreem I'd like to think I have good taste?! Kidding. But I've always loved Nintendo's first party output. More of the same for E3 please, I have hundreds of hours for the taking.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

@Snatcher I have seen people enjoy it quite much And talk about it but I never got the appeal

BOTW I do not know if falls under the category overrated as it is really really good

Maybe I do not understand the concept of Under/Overrated Something is given a high praise but it does not deserve it?

Edited on by Zuljaras

Holy_Dragon02

@Zuljaras When it comes to breath of the wild, it's definitely not overrated. You can dislike it, but it's not overrated. It's not even an opinion. The game was insanely well designed, and deserves the praise it gets.

Holy_Dragon02

Snatcher

@TheJGG @FeverDreem Well thanks you two.

Talking about overrated games, I would have to go with and I know its going to make a lot of people mad, But.......Its Mario odyssey, Look I love this game, I think its one of the best mario games of all time, but man There is just one Thing in this game that annoys me more is, they felt the need to add power moons just to add power moons, Then there is Peaches castle oh boy was this place a nostalgia hit, But good lord Is it a big missed opportunity, and most of this comes from peaches castle, there was so much they could have gone for and didn't with that place, and many others as well. Just my opinion tho so.

Underated would have to be Lethal league blaze nobody talks about this game, its just smash with balls.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher YES YES. Mario Odyssey is overrated and I agree with pretty much every single point you have. So many of the moons are there just sitting there, and some are so difficult to obtain. There's a lot of nostalgia in various items and such but sometimes it feels so worthless..

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I was just about to talk about BOTW but didn't want to piss people of for my reasons of not liking it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@TheJGG I really just don't have the motivation to 100% the game anymore, There really was no need for 999 power moons, but then you have to buy some of those moons, And yes you can buy all the power moons, but its cheating in my opinion and not the way I want to spend time 100% my game, but back to the money moons as I call them, if you want to 100% true, you have to buy the rest, and the worst part is that you have to grind out the moons, like god why??

Holy_Dragon02

@TheJGG If you want to check out my games collection, you'll see my favorite games. (At least the titles from Nintendo)

Holy_Dragon02

jedgamesguy

@VoidofLight Knew you'd say that, but your logic is sound. I think you'd agree with me when I say that I see DQXI as a comfort-food RPG type of game, something it does arguably the best out of any video game!

@FeverDreem That's quite a list! One game that stick out to me is Ōkami, I'll find time to attack that one day.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@TheJGG I'm to tired right now to write about it, I mean damn I almost ended up spelling write as right LOL, But okami is on my overrated list, and for good reason.

Holy_Dragon02

@Snatcher I don't know about overrated, but it is flawed. Still a very good game though.

Holy_Dragon02

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher Get some sleep man, I know the feeling!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I can see why people like it, but it’s just honestly not for me. I do agree with the series being the comfort food of those who enjoy traditional rpgs.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy Clicked with my brain in what sense? Keeping in mind I can only speak from a position of experience about Bloodborne, it's only really competent AS an action game, IMO. Otherwise, it's an RPG with almost no customization, no story-telling, no quests, barely any characters... what's left beside the action? Wandering around empty environments so as to occasionally create a shortcut? I guess it does have stats you can allocate, but that's the only sense in which it seems even remotely RPG-like, and there are games out there that aren't RPGs and also features leveling systems.

Well Bloodborne and Sekiro definitely lean more towards action than Dark Souls/Demon's Souls do. That's true. But I still fundamentally view all of these games as being driven by loot, character building, and strategy, just as much as action. Dark Souls 1 especially is designed so you're supposed to die on your first attempt at most bosses (and many areas too). It does consciously undermine the purely skill-based approach to gameplay. If you start the game as a Knight class, you even start with your character over-encumbered so you can't move quickly, to really drive home the point that it's not supposed to be about skill.

There is also quite a lot of story and characters in all these games. It's just all hidden. It's hidden in item descriptions and character side-quests. Most of which are quite hard to figure out how to unlock and complete. That can sometimes be a bit annoying, but it was a pretty genius PR strategy for the series, because it lead to this big online community forming of people piecing everything together over time.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

Overrated: Okami. Okami is amazing and wile no I didn't beat the game, one I think the game Does great, I mean it was a ps2 game (Or ps1?) and it does a great job with making every area feel new, But bc the game is so long, its starts having to reuse stuff, but before I get to that. Sometimes the game is unclear on what it wants you to do, I remember in one section You have to catch a a dude who stole a purse or somethin, and the whole time you have no idea on what to do, I had to end up looking up what to do it was so random. But Back to the game reusing stuff, I mean it, you fight like the same boss 5 times, not all at once but 5 times, the boss is annoying and its just not fun, And this might sound stupid, but I do feel like the game drags on unnecessaryly, and I have proof of it doing this, sometimes story point that never get brought up again, or stuff that just waste your time just to waste your time.

Ya so this might sound stupid but this is my opinion on the game, I still love it, The game looks great, and for a ps2 game its very big, and the fact that they were able to make a game this long without making it to boring is amazing.

Underrated: Bomber man R online, The review makes the game sound unfair and pay to win but its not, its actually a really good game please try it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic