Forums

Topic: What is your one most overrated and one most underrated games you've ever played?

Posts 101 to 120 of 232

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter LEGO City is technically still based on a Western franchise considering it's a direct adaptation of an established LEGO theme, just like all the other LEGO video games that originate from licensing deals to make sets out of specific franchises

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Dezzy Souls games definitely fall under the JRPG/ARPG label. If they were strictly action games in the vein of something like DMC or Bayonetta they wouldn't have the amount of levelling, stat-based and non-linear progression elements they do have, especially when it comes to different characters with different builds

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Snatcher

@FeverDreem I have to kinda agree with you there, The fanbase I mean, I think the game is one of the best indie games ever but damn does the fanbase make it hard to injoy it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Holy_Dragon02

@Snatcher I remember when I was in the 8th grade, and this is when the game was very popular. I took this game designer course (it wasn't anything special). The issue was with my class, it was only me and my friend. The rest of the class was full stupid 7th/6th graders. Throughout the week, we would work, except on Fridays. On Fridays, we would all vote on a game that we could all play. We got to play super smash wii u sometimes, but BARELY. And it was mostly because everyone in the class ALWAYS VOTED TO PLAY UNDERTALE. And they played it over and over throughout the school year. So basically, me and my friend had to listen to the same crap all year. When I finally did play it, I didn't really care for it. I still don't hate it, but I have a lot bitterness towards its fan base. It's honestly Ironic, because the Mother fanbase is very chill.

Edited on by Holy_Dragon02

Holy_Dragon02

jedgamesguy

@FeverDreem That sounds positively awful, sorry to hear that. I assume now the kids'll want to play Fortnite instead of Smash? The cycle continues.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Holy_Dragon02

@TheJGG Pretty much man, and don't worry about it. Because at the same time, it made me feel better about myself.

Holy_Dragon02

Snatcher

@FeverDreem Damn sorry to hear that dude, would make anyone bitter at the game tbh, It sucks that they ruin'd the game for you like that.

@Zuljaras Splatoon? I would have to say its more undertrated then anything, I mean I don't hear people talking about that game at all, sure its popular but do you actually hear anyone talking about it? like BOTW, SSbu, Pokemon,.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@FeverDreem Oh and you joined today, Well I would welcome you but it sounds like you already got yourself at home, Well I welcome you here anyway.

jedgamesguy

@FeverDreem I echo @Snatcher’s comment, I though you’ve been here a while with the seamlessness! Hope you enjoy your time here!

I’m like that as well, I never followed the crazy hits games like that. I wouldn’t say I hate them but they never interested me enough to warrant getting them.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Holy_Dragon02

@Snatcher You're very kind, would you mind adding me? I'm going to try and friend you on the switch.

Holy_Dragon02

Snatcher

@TheJGG IKR I thought the dude was here for a month at the least but it was just today, I almost feel like I have known the dude for a bit.

Also Fanbases can ruin games, Undertale would have been one of them but I wasn't on social media and stuff when it came around, and I only played last year for the first time, Hollow knight is a game were its fanbase is very welcoming and are welling to help you if you have issues, and not "Get gud LOL" Stuff that makes you want to play the game, Or risk of rain, Again another fanbase that's willing to help you, hell even play with you to teach you the game, but not undertale, Its full of really toxic 8 year old who have no idea of the true beauty of the game, the characters, the themes, Thats why I loved the game, I didn't play it bc it was popular, I mean I heard about it bc of that but thats not why I played it, I played it bc I wanted to, I saw it, looked into it, and thought it would be fun to play, I still think its worth the 15. (Still need to beat hallow knight tho)

Snatcher

@FeverDreem I'm sorry, I have a very personal issue with friending people on the switch, (Or just friend list in general) Its not you at all, I turn down every friend request I have got, tho it does make me happy people like you would want to friend me, Maybe I might try to be more open about it later, I hope you understand, It has nothing to do with you are anybody, Just don't have a god history with friend list, again I hope you understand.

(Your kind to, You just got on this site and I didn't even know you were new, you seemed like I guy I met before.

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

Overrated: Dragon Quest 11. I personally like JRPG's that have a bit more to them in terms of their story, with them doing something innovative or unique. Dragon Quest 11's story just.. sort of falls flat in my opinion, and the music in the ps4 version really doesn't help either.

Underrated: Probably Fossil Fighters. It's one of the most over-looked Nintendo franchises, as people used to claim it was a "Pokemon clone", and dismissed it entirely. In reality however, it was a pretty unique monster collecting game, with it's own systems and own battle system. The first two games have pretty good stories, and they're really charming as well.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@FeverDreem Thanks for understanding, I don't want you to feel like i'm slapping down you invite, cuz i'm not doing that at all.

Holy_Dragon02

@Snatcher No, I pretty much do the same. A lot of kids like to friend me through smash. And I always turn them down. There has to be some level of respect, and admiration.

Holy_Dragon02

jedgamesguy

@Snatcher I'm sorry to hear that myself, sooner or later I would have asked too! But that's completely understandable, I can't fault you there.

@FeverDreem Well mine's in my forum signature so have at! I don't play online at all and I've only put my code here, so it's easy to know who is who.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@TheJGG I'm really sorry to disappoint, I do want you all to know tho that me not friending you doesn't mean were friends, in fact it means quite the opposite, it means I do see you as a friend, and that means I have heavy respect for you, I can't really explain it, bc of my history with friend list, and I really don't want to talk about it, maybe later down the line.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic