Forums

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Posts 301 to 320 of 326

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

So did a playthrough the other night of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PSone. Got everything (well except the hidden percentage). No matter how many times I beat it it's still one of my favorite games of all time.

why not the hidden parts?
and you call yerself a vampire hunter...
not up in here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Wavey84

Season greetings pixel turds & bat brats! Seeing as how i officially have ZERO(for now)video games left, i wont be playing any halloween related-ish titles this year, at least at my place. Thank god my gf has an NES, genesis and Wii....But i'm pretty sure her gaming library is teeny tiny.

I DO however plan on picking up a NES Classic Edition(launch day), PS4 Slim and Wii U in the upcoming however many months.....And finally, the AVS ....Along with the NES, SNES, Atari 2600 & Super GameBoy whenever i decide to get my wallet Smash Bro'd!

Zero interest in owning an N64, gamecube, Wii(since i can play wii games on the Wii U) or any of Nintendo's portables, along with xbox or sony systems ect ect.

Anyways! how is everybody doing??? My gaming hiatus has been 4 years of extremely slim pickings, but i'm almost ready to get back in the game again

Wavey84

Tasuki

@ogo79 Usually I do go for the hidden parts, but this time I was doing a lazy play through I guess you can call it.

@KidRad Doing quite well man, I am at the point now as far as retro consoles are concerned that I have all the ones I really want. Now I just need to work on their library's. I am just about down with the Dreamcast and after that maybe finishing up the Genesis. I am super stoked right now though cause in less then a week I will be in retro game heaven in Portland!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

@ogo79 Usually I do go for the hidden parts, but this time I was doing a lazy play through I guess you can call it.

Untitled
no excuses!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

So I have finished Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis, twice for the goosebumps ending. I won't lie it was on of the hardest games I have played, although I found this version a bit easier then the NES version, not a whole lot mind you but a tad.

Now I think I will wrap up my Retro Halloween this year with a playthrough of Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.

My Backlog

ogo79

Tasuki wrote:

So I have finished Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis, twice for the goosebumps ending. I won't lie it was on of the hardest games I have played, although I found this version a bit easier then the NES version, not a whole lot mind you but a tad.

Now I think I will wrap up my Retro Halloween this year with a playthrough of Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.

both gg games are good genny and snes ones.
portrait of ruin was awesome too

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

It's that time of the year again, where the spooks of retro gaming come out to play. So as always I will be starting things off with Castlevania: Bloodlines on the Genesis. Thinking I might also do a play through of Resident Evil 4 on the Wii. And of course fan favorite Ghouls and Ghosts on the Genesis.

My Backlog

RR529

I don't really have any horror games, but I'll probably get in some pinball action in on some thematically appropriate tables.

In Zen I've been going back to Sorcerer's Lair more often, and Aliens & Alien: Isolation are part of my regular rotation.

In TPA I've been playing quite a bit of Elvira & the Party Monsters, and looking into it I have quite a few Halloween-ish tables I haven't even tried yet, such as Scared Stiff, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Twilight Zone, and I think Monster Bash.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ogo79

you wanna play a scary game for halloween?
pick any n64 game.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

RancidVomit86

ogo79 wrote:

pick any n64 game.
Untitled

Its funny because its true

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

pick any n64 game.

It's scary that people actually still like the N64...

I'm going to play Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on my SNES classic for my Retro Dungeon Halloween Horror(TM) game.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

RancidVomit86 wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

pick any n64 game.
Untitled

Its funny because its true

smart man

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

pick any n64 game.

It's scary that people actually still like the N64...

I'm going to play Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on my SNES classic for my Retro Dungeon Halloween Horror(TM) game.

do you like the genny version?

FriedSquid wrote:

@ogo79

Hey now, if we didn't have the N64, we wouldn't have Castlevania 64, which would mean we wouldn't have these:

Untitled

Worth it imo

at least he doesnt have on clothes. the few times ive rode a motorcycle i never wore clothes myself

the_shpydar wrote:

Ryno

@ogo79: Never played the Genny version, how is it?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

@Ryno
yer missin out severely
its a new game
with new enemies, weapons, levels, and you can shoot up and down.
trust me you need this

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

RancidVomit86

I would also like to bring awareness to the often forgotten Decap Attack. Recently played it again for some Halloween gaming and it is a great game.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

KingMike

@ogo79 I'm very late in responding but I think you're repeating the "pick any N64 game" joke.
Unless it's not a joke but a PSA.
Last game I was playing was Coron Land for Super Famicom. More of a winter themed game, from what it looks like, because I've decided "you know what, I think I'm bad enough to play games in the wrong seasons". Maybe I'll break out the horror/monster games at Christmas, or Easter. Haven't made definite plans yet.

KingMike

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

@ogo79 I'm very late in responding but I think you're repeating the "pick any N64 game" joke.
Unless it's not a joke but a PSA.

i think i make that comment every year now lol
the only good game for the 64 is doom 64
PSA stands for pretty screwy alternative
(for a genesis)

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

So I know I am a few days late, but I have been busy with Super Mario Odyssey and then CoD:WWII bit here's my tally of this year's Halloween Retro Dungeon of Horrors.

Castlevania Bloodlines — Beat
Resident Evil 4 — Beat

Not as much as I wanted to play but this year I ended up getting super busy. Oh well there is always next year

My Backlog

KingMike

@ogo79 It took some time but a worse control stick than the N64 has been found.
On a Tiger game, would you believe it?
I love how terrible this thing looks!

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic