Forums

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Posts 281 to 300 of 326

Ryno

Happy belated Halloween gents! Like Drac, I may not be seen much around these parts much these days but thought I would pop out from my castle. I picked up this for less than 3 money bags during the sale and recently started playing it. Like Natural Selection, "I just can't get enough" of Castlevania.
Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

Bah my retro Halloween was a bust this year due to some problems going on at my work and also due to me going to PRGE this year. I think the only Halloween type game I played was The Walking Dead Season 1 and playthrough of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Oh well I guess there is always next year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Wavey84

@Tasuki:
My Halloween was a bust too as far as gaming goes, so I resorted to watching a but load of horror movies, with Twilight Zone's 'It's a good life' being the main high lite! Like you said, there's always next year.

As for gaming, I played a bit of 'Arcade' Rygar, which I wasn't too Cool spot-crazy over AT ALL bud! and drifted into Classic Castlevania slumber land with a splash of Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood and the original Castlevania. I've already beaten these HallowNasties before, but it's a nice little nostalgiac kick and of course perfectly suitable for the holiday season!

Last year was a little better, took on Ghouls 'n ghosts for the Genesis and Altered Beast 3D. Couldn't beat the latter, it Altered my gaming skills.

Wavey84

ogo79

KingMike wrote:

Is a fun quantity of fun-size candy bars acceptable?

stop making me think you are confusing me.
smart guy

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Lanzz

I don't know if anyone still play ZX Spectrum here. But the horror themed game that i own for ZX Spectrum are Cauldron, Towdie, Kliatba Noci, The Rocky Horror Show, Scary School, and few others...

Lanzz

Wavey84

@Ryno:
How are you enjoying Rondo of Barbie's dance club?..Er, I mean blood
Easily one of the best ClassicVania's and it poses a meatier challenge than the all-mighty & praised Super Castle Shmvania IV....Like you said way back when pudding pops were panda rad, playing Rondo is like entering a Drac' rave party, only with free Ecto-cooler drinks courtesy of the Mummy man!

Wavey84

Hendesu

I recently bought Castlevania: Portrait of ruin for my 3DS. I have to say, its pretty much ok game.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Tasuki

@WaveGhoul: Well I will give you my thoughts on Rondo of Blood in a bit Wavester.

I finally got around to downloading it on the Wii's VC and is the only classic Castlevania game I have not played, that is till tonight. I am not quite sure why it took me this long to get it especially since Symphony is my favorite Castlevania game to date.

I played the first 4 stages tonight and I got to say this game is awesome. It's a bit early to tell but I think this might take the crown from Bloodlines as my favorite pretty Metroidvania Castlevania game. The music is awesome, the atmosphere is terrific, the controls are great and the challenge is nothing short of what I expect from a Castlevania. I love the remixes especially. The only thing is, I wish it was translated but oh well. I can't wait to play more in a bit. I should have maybe played this for Halloween.

My Backlog

Ralizah

Dracula X Chronicles, as a package, is probably my favorite Castlevania release. Mostly for portable Rondo of Blood and SOTN. The Rondo remake is alright, but I prefer the amazing art and design of the original.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Tasuki

It's that time of year again hopefully we will @KidRad rise from his grave as well as a spooktacular visit from @Ryno.

Anyway I am starting my last now and maybe even starting a few games here in the next few days since last year was a bust for me. Anyway here is what my line up will look like.

Ghouls N Ghosts — Genesis Got this one last year but it was after Halloween. I have been waiting all year to take this bad boy on.

Castlevania II Simon's Quest --NES Yeah I have read and heard how bad this one is but it's one of the few Castlevania games I have beat. I kinda wish I had the homebrew version with all the b.s. fixed but oh well.

Resident Evil --PS4 As for having PS+ I will be getting it free, it's basically a remastered version of the first game so I am sure I will be doing a playthrough of this one.

Hopefully Ghouls and Ghosts and Simon's Quest don't prove to hard for me. If Simon's Quest does I might have to upset some parents and pull out a copy of volume 2 of Nintendo Power.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

ogo79

ogo wuz here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

FriedSquid

Retro gamers probably know this series already but I'm posting anyway cause it doesn't get enough love because Capcom sux. In case you haven't heard of it before, allow me introduce you to a little forgotten series called Darkstalkers. It's a classic fighting game where the characters are mostly monsters, demons, or other kinds of Halloween-fitting creatures.

Darkstalkers 3 for PlayStation:

Go out and by yourself a copy right now! Don't care if you're bad at fighting games like I am! You can also play as sexy succubus chicks. So what are you waiting for!!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

KingMike

I'm anticipating Super Pinball 1 and 2 for the Super Nintendo might be as far as I go for scary games at the moment.

KingMike

Tasuki

@FriedSquid You know for some reason I could never get into Darkstalkers. I guess with Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, King of Fighters and a dozen other fighting games I just didn't pay much attention to it.

My Backlog

ogo79

you wanna play a scary game?
pick any n64 game because they all suck.
just not doom 64.
im always correct

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

ogo79 wrote:

just not doom 64.
im always correct

Cause bald people are always correct, huh.

My Backlog

ogo79

FriedSquid wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

just not doom 64.
im always correct

Cause bald people are always correct, huh.

Water is wet!

you sir are incorrect...
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

-SD-

@FriedSquid Yeah, I have Vampire Hunter and Saviour on Saturn and Chronicle for the DC.... DarkStalkers is an awesome series, really great art and animation.

Nightmare in the Dark is an awesome single-screen platformer like Snow Bros. but with a theme of monsters. I'm after a copy of the game myself....

SNK - The Future is Now

Tasuki

So did a playthrough the other night of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PSone. Got everything (well except the hidden percentage). No matter how many times I beat it it's still one of my favorite games of all time.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic