Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 785

NibblesP

@SuperLuigi111 Agree such a shame they have stopped the series, same with Adavnce Wars

NibblesP

Fandabidozi

Yay recommendations!

Game & Watch: Marios Cement Factory. My first ever game! Fulfill your dreams of working in a cement factory. You can buy this on the 3DS eShop.

NES: Green Beret (Rush n Attack). Its unlike anything else really. Do you like shanking soldiers? You’ll love this!

SNES: The Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune). Steampunk - Gauntlet style shooter with RPG elements. Such a cool game.

GameBoy: Monster Max. One of the best games on the system. Isometric puzzler/adventure. Had a very limited print run so it’s under the radar.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Filbert_Wang

boop22 wrote:

super castlevania IV is where its at IMO. it has stood the test of time for over 25 years. i genuinely think it has some of the greatest controls and soundtracks of any game ever.

Agree - one of the best games released on the SNES. Still enjoy booting it up and getting my butt kicked by it (always a mark of a good game when you die repeatedly and don't resent it that much!)

Filbert_Wang

Cobalt

@Filbert_Wang

For me Super Castlevania IV is one of the worst Castlevania ever made...

Cobalt

Retr0gamedad

New to the topic, so I decided to recommend a game for each of Nintendo’s main home consoles:
NES-jackal solid multiplayer game
SNES-zombies are my neighbors difficult but oh so fun
N64-any of the AKI wrestling games
GameCube- Beach Spikers a great arcade style multiplayer sports game
Wii- punch out!!! Doesn’t get the love it deserves
Wii U- any of the games they’ve ported to switch. They’re cheaper and on the hardware they were originally intended for

Retr0gamedad

Anti-Matter

Um, guys....
Which should i choose between Retro Duo Portable and Supaboy SFC to play Famicom, SNES / S.Famicom , GBA in Handheld Mode ?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Knighty_IX

@ReaderRagfish Heard good things about Dokapon Kingdom despite being a fairly pricey game, not sure if anyone else is going to play it with me though. How does it compare to the Wii version?

I already have SSX 3 on my to-buy list ever since it was announced to be backwards compatible with the Xbox One (I initially wanted the GC version but gave up on that).

Not quite sure about Road Trip Adventure, but I guess I shouldn't be judging it by its cover. I'll take a deeper look into it and see if I like it or not.

Jak and Daxter has this similar feeling to Ratchet and Clank which I played years ago, so they're already on my list but are the sequels also worth looking into?

I've also seen a few lists suggesting La Pucelle Tactics but I didn't give it much thought outside of being a Tactical RPG. Looks like I'll have to consider looking into game as well.

As for Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3, should I go for the HD collection on the Xbox 360 instead?

Knighty_IX

Which series should I go for?

• Growlanser (Generations (II: The Sense of Justice + III: The Dual Darkness), PS2) + (V: Heritage of War, PS2)
  • Klonoa (1, PSX/Wii) + (2: Lunatea's Veil, PS2)
  • Ar Tonelico (Melody of Elemia, PS2) + (II: Melody of Metafalica, PS2)
  • Mana Khemia (Alchemists of Al-Revis, PS2) + (2: Fall of Alchemy, PS2)
Vinny

Any good obscure/weird PS2 titles like Mister Mosquito?

And wow, I'm always impressed by the Fat PS2's size. Absolute unit.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Vinny

@ReaderRagfish Gotta check this one out, then!
I always look for obscure/weird/hidden gems for all the consoles I own. The PS2, Wii and DS seem to have a lot of those.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

Cobalt

@Frosty_09

BOF Dragon Quarter
Musashi
Blood will Tell

If you don't know these games, FIND'EM and PLAY'EM !

Cobalt

Knighty_IX

@Cobalt Already got Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, it's arguably my favorite entry despite how much it deviates from other entries. Not sure about Musashi: Samurai Legend, read/watched some reviews that were mostly negative about it but I plan to start with Brave Fencer Musashi for the PS1 first and I'll consider looking into the sequel later. Blood Will Tell looks like a fun game, but it might take a while for me to get due to its high price.

Thanks for your help.

Vinny

How are Ape Escape 2 and 3 for the PS2?

Vinny

@ReaderRagfish The only game in the series I've played a bit of was the PSP version of the original (On the Loose), but it seems it's kinda different from the original since they reworked the controls to take account of the single analog stick.

Gingerbomb

Glover for the Nintendo 64. It's graphics... I guess were on par with Kazzooie.
Its playstyle was unique, sometimes infuriating. It deserved a series of game releases after the initial title for sure.
FYI I'd die to smack some fools around as Glover on Melee.

Gingerbomb

gcunit

I'm looking for SNES recommendations for games suitable for young kids (one's 7,
one's nearing 5), especially 2-player games they can play simultaneously.

We're going on a trip soon and I'm thinking of taking my SNES Mini as a bad weather boredom backup for them. I have a set of SNES roms, but I'm not that familiar with the library.

(Gonna give this thread a shot, but if it doesn't reap rewards I may start a more specific, short-term thread).

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic