Forums

Topic: Do you think the N64 Mini (if it is real) will be releasing soon?

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

kkslider5552000

jhewitt3476 wrote:

A rerelease of a GBC by itself would be unlikely, people would not want to pay more than $20-$30

This is hilariously untrue

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Nemodius

@kkslider5552000
it is your money and if you wish to blow $40-$60+ on a Game Boy/Game Boy Color remake, that is you, but due to history of past systems, including the GBA Micro, which was $100 retail and the more recent Mini's of far greater capability, a rerelease of a plain old Game Boy even with 20 games would be unrealistic for anything over $30, but a rerelease of a GBA with 20 GBA games and 20 GB/GBC games will definitely sell $100 VERY easily

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

kkslider5552000

I don't really care what you think, you're just wrong. No one cares what you think it's worth, and quite frankly, the GBA was never as popular as the Gameboy. Based on other classic console releases, it is stupid to think that Gameboy Classic wouldn't sell well. You could argue against the NES Classic succeeding for several reasons, but it did, so those reasons don't actually matter.

It's like arguing that a lazy annual sports series isn't worth buying every year, it doesn't matter if you're "right", because that's not gonna change that it will sell well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Banjo-

I was about to post the same, only Harvest Moon 64 and Ogre Battle 64 manuals are missing. I think that if they release a N64 Classic they would include a surprise. Amazingly, SNES Classic includes the first re-release of Yoshi's Island ever (excluding the GBA port) and even a new game, Star Fox 2. I don't think that we'll get a new N64 game but at least one game that has not been re-released before.

Banjo-

Darknyht

@jhewitt3476 I could see them releasing essentially a Gameboy Light Classic or a Gameboy Classic in the Micro format for $50-60. My guess would be 20-30 GB/GBC games.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Grumblevolcano

@Euler A dedicated Smash Direct is where the remaining Smash Ultimate info is most likely to go. Reveal the rest of the newcomers, stages, modes, collectables (if any), online, tease at DLC (if there is post launch support), announce a demo/beta, etc.

Smash Ultimate is the only 2018 game Nintendo needs to share more info on and we've got our January 2019 game (NSMBU Deluxe) so provided a February game is announced at The Game Awards, Nintendo's in a good position to start 2019 with a Direct like this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

jhewitt3476 wrote:

@Moroboshi876
considering the price of the PSX Mini and a N64 Mini and that they are NOT same company, many fans and consumers of both system makers will probably buy both mini's at the same time, and the consumers loyal to one system over the other, probably won't buy the other system anyway (not at first), so as I see it, even though they may be released at the same time, they would probably NOT be competing against each other

I agree with this.

Banjo-

KingMike

Darknyht wrote:

@jhewitt3476 I could see them releasing essentially a Gameboy Light Classic or a Gameboy Classic in the Micro format for $50-60. My guess would be 20-30 GB/GBC games.

Maybe the "big" first-party games. Pokemon might be asking too much, but Link's Awakening, Metroid II, Kirby and the Mario series.
Maybe some of the first-party filler like Alleyway and Golf.
However, we can't forget the GoldenEye of Game Boy games: Tetris.

Come to think of it, though, I can't think if there are third-party games that are as "absolute musts" in the original GB library. Sure, a Mega Man on it would be great, but those aren't the first games people think of. People say Belmont's Revenge is the best of the GB Castlevanias. Putting the first on would not be a good representation of the franchise at the last.
Though if they want a diverse genre selection, there's not much in the RPG genre. Like, aside from Pokemon, there's not much else that got localization back in the day. Licensing a Final Fantasy Legend is pretty much their only option. (FFL3 would be the closest to a traditional JRPG, otherwise 2 is probably the better pick.) The only other translated mono JRPG I can name is Great Greed, and probably only a few people have heard of that game.

Square-Enix, Konami, Capcom and Bandai-Namco seem to be the third-parties Nintendo has worked with before on the Minis. Well, SE only had the four "FF" rebranded games, so the third party games you'd be most likely to get would be out of the Konami and Capcom libraries maybe.

KingMike

Agriculture

NES mini had 30 games, SNES mini had 21 games, the N64 will probably have around 12 games. They're bigger games of course, but when they add some racing games, Mario Party and puzzle games, it won't leave much room for Donkey Kong 64, the greatest game ever made.

Agriculture

Darknyht

@KingMike It would be a long shot but "Dragon Quest I & II" and Dragon Quest Monsters 1 & 2 for GBC was backwards compatible with the original GB, and there was also Harvest Moon GB. Final Fantasy Adventure would be a must have. You could also argue Gargoyle's Quest, Yu-Gi-Oh Card Games, and Ducktales would all be worthy third party inclusions (the last two were best sellers on the system).

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

link3710

@KingMike I know people don't remember it now, but Qix would definitely be my top 3rd party pick for a Gameboy mini. Revenge of the Gator is another I'd want, but I have no idea what it's legal status is. Presumably, it's still 3rd party, just that third party is Hal Labs so...

Among more recognizable IPs, Final Fantasy Adventure/Mystic Quest, Kid Dracula (Castlevania), Operation C (Contra), Gargoyle's Quest (Ghosts & Goblins), and R-Type (or DX) might all be viable additions. Or, if you include GBC, you have Shantae, Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 or Metal Gear Solid.

Honestly, to get all the GB(C) games worth playing, you'd need probably close to 50 games on the device, it had quite the library.

link3710

link3710

@ReaderRagfish Yeah, Nintendo was able to get it for VC unsurprisingly, I just don't know if they own the game itself or not. I'm leaning towards no actually, I am fairly certain HAL is the sole owners after a bit of research.

EDIT: I doubt it'll ever see the light of day again, but Vegas Stakes is another great pick for 3rd party VC, that game was well made.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.