Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 11,901 to 11,914 of 11,914

Anti-Matter

I'm pretty sure the next XBOX machine will still not BC with ALL XBOX & XBOX 360 games including DDR Ultramix series + DDR UNIVERSE series + Kinect games.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

Bump. Anybody playing Dragon’s Dogma 2? I was a little sad that the game didn’t open the same way the first one did but then I met the old fisherman and he is either Miaq the Liar mixed with old man yells at cloud or a very hilarious nod to the underlying theme of the DD series as in he is a bad ending Arisen because dude knows too much and is too intent on crossing the sea. Also they may have made the Brine an extension of the cycle.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Zuljaras

I finally found out why the screenshots on my One X are not ordered like on every other console ...

I did not know that ALL Xbox consoles do not remember the time with a battery when they are turned off. When my console is disconnected from electricity it resets its time. Mine is setting it in December 2019. And when I make my gaming screenshot journeys trough games, I like ordering by time, so I know the viewing is chronological. I never noticed that because on the 360 there is no screenshot feature.

So, if I want my screenshots to be in order I have to manually set my time and date after turning on the console every time.

Xbox One and Series are just unintuitive pieces of trash. I hope Microsoft focus on making games and not hardware.

dmcc0

@Zuljaras Presumably this is a byproduct of the always-online nature of Xbox consoles. They assume you are always online and the clock will auto-update when you power on. I take it your console is offline?

dmcc0

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 My console is offline and the clock resets if let's say there is a power outage, or I unplug the console to move it. Then the clock resets. If I connect it online it will just sync with the server time.

Not to mention that you MUST have a formatted USB drive connected to the console, as a designated capture storage device, otherwise your screenshots will start disappearing after some time. I found out about that the HARD way as well.

The only workaround I found is to set the time before I sit and play a game in order to have chronologically ordered screenshots.

The one, tiny saving grace of this device is that it is quiet and has digital backward compatibility.

NintendoByNature

I really enjoy the snappiness and features of my series console. Quick resume might be the most under appreciated gaming feature.

NintendoByNature

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 Yes. I detest gaming devices that rely on internet connection so much. The initial setup of the Xbox One/Series is the worst I have ever witnessed.

The new PS5 with the detachable disc drive is next in line with the server authentication pairing for its disc drive.

Also, single player games that want you to connect to a server are pathetic.

dmcc0

@Zuljaras yeah, setting up the Series S was a bit of a pain. I remember the X being easier (or at least less of a pain), but maybe it was just because I knew what to expect.

I've don't mind the console being online that much to be honest. With the amount of of updates etc that modern games get and the fact even physical Xbox games usually need a download anyway it doesn't bother me too much.

Having to log in for single player games needs to stop though.

dmcc0

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 I thought that online connection on Series X with a disc is only for Xbox One games as they require a configuration patch that is really small.

For Series X only exclusive games you don't need the initial online connectivity? (unless it is one of the idiotic releases like Hogwarts Legacy, Fallen Order, Last Jedi etc.)

dmcc0

@Zuljaras I was under the impression that when a physical game was playable on One and Series X (so called Smart Delivery) it was the Xbox one version on the disc and the Series version was downloaded. Could be wrong though - I've only got a few discs and it's a while since I played a physical on The Series X

dmcc0

Zuljaras

@dmcc0 The bottom line for me is that the game is unplayable if you do not download the configuration from the MS servers

2013 was terrible year for Xbox I don't even know why they sign contracts with Limited Run Games

Anti-Matter

@dmcc0
Man...
Owning XBOX ONE and XBOX Series X are really painful, right?
The machines are need constantly get connected online and way more complicated to play offline games than PS4 / PS5.
I think I changed my mind completely after I heard the frustration of owning those XBOX machines when I don't play them for quite long and being offline.
That's why I have PS4 machine and will add PS5 machine.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic