Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 12,541 to 12,560 of 12,647

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Indeed.

This is how gamestop scalped the Switch OLED, and why I was curious about Xbox Series X. Here's the inflated $487 OLED bundle gamestop scalped Switch OLEDs with. This was the only way to buy the OLED from gamestop for most of december, before christmas, if not the only way to buy the Switch for christmas, if you were buying in Decmeber. Note, all other retailers like Best Buy, Target, Walmart, were usually sold out, and this Gamestop bundle was the only option, if you wanted to buy from a retailer (not sclapers on ebay, amazon).

Are they selling and extra ac power adapter? If they pictured everything that came with the OLED, there should be a Joycon Grip and a dock, but there's not.
Untitled

IGN had a link to it with the price.
https://www.ign.com/articles/daily-deals-nintendo-switch-ps4-...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

DarthNocturnal

That's Gamestop/ EB Games' MO. Take highly demanded item, bundle 3rd party stuff they're probably contractually obligated to hawk with it, charge more.

My Series X had a headset. Legends say it still collects dust to this day.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Eel

A bit of a dead joke but it reminds me of the time when multiple shops bundled Fallout 76 with everything, from consoles, to other games, to controllers.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@rockodoodle Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable bundle.

I was really desperate for an OLED in december. So, when gamestop was the only one selling online, with the OLED bundle I posted above, I was pretty disappointed. I didn't need any of the stuff in the bundle. $487, no regular retail $349.99 option.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider
'Tendo liker
Rocket League (3v3 - platinum III/diamond I)
Best Christmastime song with a beat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I6AdTJIulc

Tasuki

I personally don't like bundles, for one thing it just feels like places like Gamestop use them to off load crap that isn't selling well like @Eel said Fallout 76. I mean I suppose you can trade back or sell the stuff that came with the bundle but you're not going to recoup most of the money you spent.

I can understand where they are coming from they are trying to make it like back in the day when you would buy a system and get a pack in game and a few extras, but you can't compare say a game like Super Mario World to something like Fallout 76 or Cyberpunk.

I even remember when I got the Xbox 360 for my son for Christmas one year it came with Lego Batman and Kung Fu Panda and that was a company bundle. He immediately took Kung Fu panda back to Game Crazy and traded it in towards something else.

Anyway though I just try to find the console by itself if I can.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rockodoodle

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@rockodoodle Yeah, that sounds like a reasonable bundle.

I was really desperate for an OLED in december. So, when gamestop was the only one selling online, with the OLED bundle I posted above, I was pretty disappointed. I didn't need any of the stuff in the bundle. $487, no regular retail $349.99 option.

Total impulse buy. I even thought about returning it or going for the other bundle that had two games instead of controller briefly after I took the plunge. I already have an extra controller. Decided to see the fuss about a pro controller and it is indeed sweet. I have a soft spot for brick and mortar stores, even GameStop, so I decided to just roll with it. At least I got something out of it, unlike a scalper.

Now that I actually have it, I am satisfied with very little buyers remorse

rockodoodle

Anti-Matter

Quick question about XBOX 360 controller.
Can i use PS4 controller to play XBOX 360 ?
I want to play DDR UNIVERSE games on XBOX 360 with PlayStation style controller since it has perfect symmetric button schemes for pressing all the four arrows precisely.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter No, not without third party adapters, anyway, Nintendo, PS, and XB controllers only work on their own consoles, and/or Bluetooth to PCs and mobile devices. If you really really want to, though, I forget the company, but there is a company that makes adapters, but only for wired controllers (I use one for my big arcade stick.) There's a wireless one or two out there but they're really really unreliable, and I wouldn't recommend it.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I found from PushSquare article about using PS4 controller to play XBOX 360.
Was that really working ?

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter They were using a Cronus Zen adapter (which makes it a pretty click bait article but it was back in 2013 before PS4 launched ).

So yeah, with some accessories, you could make it work if you really wanted. I think Cronus still makes Zen (or Zen2.). I used a different adapter for my arcade stick, but I can't remember what brand (or where it currently is....hmmm...)

(Just remember I think you'd have to run it wired though. I've never done it for controllers for that reason, but for my arcade stick they're huge and $200 and there's no way I was going to buy another one just for SFV )

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Eel

Heh I had to do a double take, just to confirm I had seen the correct channel name under this video, it’s from the official Xbox YouTube channel itself!

Bloop.

My dead channel.

DarthNocturnal

@Eel

Yeah, they were pretty straightforward about some of the bad stuff that happened.

rockodoodle

@WoomyNNYes I have a bunch of games already. Part of the reason I didn’t play them was bc we only had one TV. I recently got a new TV for my room! So now I don’t have to worry about hogging the TV. This is why I had to get the Series X over the S…

So yeah, will download Horizon five soon. Love Hockey, Madden…Been playing Forza Six on and off. Gamepass has some indie games that I had interest in but never picked up like Carrion. Really a little of everything

rockodoodle

JaxonH

Welp... I bought an Xbox Series X.

My first Xbox console was the Xbox One X. And while I enjoyed it, I wanted gyro aiming. So I sold off my Xbox One X and my PS4 Pro, bought a gaming PC, and swore off every buying those consoles again until they incorporated gyro.

But then PS5 released and I was like, well... there's gonna be a small handful of exclusives I don't wanna miss, so I guess I'll grab one just in case. But I don't need Xbox. They put all their games on PC.

And, that was that. I had no intentions of buying another Xbox console. But then my brother kept haggling me about Gamepass, telling me how amazing it is, on and on, every time I spoke with him. Gamepass this. Gamepass that. I knew I wouldn't use it on PC, since I strictly use Steam.

Then I watched that Xbox Power On documentary the other day. And Idk if it just made me feel sentimental toward the brand, or if it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but I decided to check to see if any Series X were in stock... and there was. Gamestop had a deal with a line of credit for $35/mo for 2 years, for an XSX + 24 months Gamepass. And... I said why the heck not.

I know there's no gyro aiming. I know that. And I know I won't ever actually buy a single game on the system- I'd rather just play on Steam with free online, gyro, multiple control options, etc. BUT. Maybe Gamepass would actually be good for testing games out and seeing what I like before buying. Cause I buy a crap load of games. What if I could limit that by demoing everything first? Even if it doesn't have gyro, I can still see how much I like the game, then go buy on Steam with gyro if I do.

And so... that is how I have arrived at this moment:

2019 Jaxon
"I'm done buying all these consoles. From now on I'm Switch + PC only. That's all I need. I'm never buying an Xbox or PS again"

2022 Jaxon
"Owns Xbox Series X, PS5, Switch OLED, PC, Steamdeck"

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
XSX: Gears 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

I hope gyro comes someday. As it stands, most games I'd want to actually try gyro with are on Xbox.

rockodoodle

JaxonH wrote:

Welp... I bought an Xbox Series X.

My first Xbox console was the Xbox One X. And while I enjoyed it, I wanted gyro aiming. So I sold off my Xbox One X and my PS4 Pro, bought a gaming PC, and swore off every buying those consoles again until they incorporated gyro.

But then PS5 released and I was like, well... there's gonna be a small handful of exclusives I don't wanna miss, so I guess I'll grab one just in case. But I don't need Xbox. They put all their games on PC.

And, that was that. I had no intentions of buying another Xbox console. But then my brother kept haggling me about Gamepass, telling me how amazing it is, on and on, every time I spoke with him. Gamepass this. Gamepass that. I knew I wouldn't use it on PC, since I strictly use Steam.

Then I watched that Xbox Power On documentary the other day. And Idk if it just made me feel sentimental toward the brand, or if it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but I decided to check to see if any Series X were in stock... and there was. Gamestop had a deal with a line of credit for $35/mo for 2 years, for an XSX + 24 months Gamepass. And... I said why the heck not.

I know there's no gyro aiming. I know that. And I know I won't ever actually buy a single game on the system- I'd rather just play on Steam with free online, gyro, multiple control options, etc. BUT. Maybe Gamepass would actually be good for testing games out and seeing what I like before buying. Cause I buy a crap load of games. What if I could limit that by demoing everything first? Even if it doesn't have gyro, I can still see how much I like the game, then go buy on Steam with gyro if I do.

And so... that is how I have arrived at this moment:

2019 Jaxon
"I'm done buying all these consoles. From now on I'm Switch + PC only. That's all I need. I'm never buying an Xbox or PS again"

2022 Jaxon
"Owns Xbox Series X, PS5, Switch OLED, PC, Steamdeck"

I think the scarcity made me want to get one….at least get one with the bundle at GameStop. I figured I would eventually get it. But I also didn’t think they would be so hard to find even a year plus after launch.

But like you, I do think GamePass will save me money, as there are several titles I own already and several I considered owning. If I can stick to a budget, this will be good long term.

rockodoodle

JaxonH

@rockodoodle
Ya. Gamepass is too good to ignore, at this point. For some it means playing all their games without ever having to buy them. For others, it means demoing a wide variety of games to determine which are worthy of purchase, to slim the budget down.

Went ahead and grabbed that 2TB Expansion SSD cause I figure with Gamepass and 4 generations of Xbox games, storage will fill up fast.

And hey, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon! Those were the two games I truly felt the loss on when selling my X1X. Be good to have access to them again.

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
XSX: Gears 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby

Jesus is Lord.

Eel

You'll love the ability to switch between several games and resuming where you left off last time instantly, it's easily my favorite feature of my Series S.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Tasuki

@JaxonH That's what I use Gamepass as a demo/rental service. If there's a game there I am not to sure about, I try it there first. I was that way with Hades wasn't sure if I liked it tried it on Gamepass. Now when I finally get my OLED Switch I will buy it for the Switch.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic