Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,201 to 10,220 of 11,914

GilbertXI

This really changes things. I'm excited to see what they might do at TGS 2020 now.

GilbertXI

Justifier

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

It looks like Square and Sony are in friendlier kahoots with each other compared to Square with Microsoft or Nintendo judging by the fact the PS5 has two console exclusives from them coming down the pipeline

Or Sony just give them money?

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean Except for 11 s, no dragon quest game has ever been on an Xbox system. Although that might change.

GilbertXI

TheFrenchiestFry

@BlueOcean Project Athia as well. It looks like that one is actually a permanent PS5 console exclusive since the trailer said it was specifically designed for the hardware. FFXVI is also technically following the VII Remake model of being exclusive for a full year console wise, and all future VII Remake games will also probably be timed in a similar fashion.

It works for hardware sales though so it's fine

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

@Justifier Yeah

They also just have a solid working relationship too considering after XVI comes out, Final Fantasy will be one console away from being on as many PlayStation systems as Nintendo

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@BlueOcean Yeah but Octopath didn't come to other consoles. Steam and Stadia are just gaming services but there's no chance that it's actually getting a PS4/5 or Xbox port. Especially considering Nintendo themselves published the game outside Japan

TheFrenchiestFry

Dezzy

GilbertXI wrote:

@Dezzy they bought Mojang for $2.5 billion, that barely stayed on Microsoft systems.

Yeah but what games have they released since that acquisition? 1 episode of the Tell tale story game, and that crappy dungeons game?

If they released "Minecraft 2", I think the odds of it being an Xbox/PC exclusive would be much higher. It's those big games that make people consider buying a console.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Project Athia, @BlueOcean .... That seems to be only coming to PC?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheFrenchiestFry

@BruceCM Yeah as far as consoles go it's only on PS5 and the trailer made it seem like it was specifically built to take advantage of the console's features in a similar vein to Godfall or Miles Morales.

TheFrenchiestFry

BruceCM

Yeah, at least until SE uploaded a slightly different trailer, saying 'made for PS5 & PC' .... But definitely no mention of XBox!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM @TheFrenchiestFry Project Athia is a timed-exclusivity and "built for PS5" is bs since it's going to be released for Windows. There isn't any real "console exclusive" on PS5, that's Sony's marketing which is my point and why Eurogamer wrote this:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-final-fantasy-1...

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@BruceCM Yeah as far as consoles go it's only on PS5 and the trailer made it seem like it was specifically built to take advantage of the console's features in a similar vein to Godfall or Miles Morales.

Miles Morales will be released for PS4.

BruceCM wrote:

Yeah, at least until SE uploaded a slightly different trailer, saying 'made for PS5 & PC' .... But definitely no mention of XBox!

Everybody knows that while the exclusivity deal lasts you can't mention the other consoles.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

But we know FFXVI is coming to XBox later & we don't know that for Project Athia .... I'll be playing it on PC, anyway! It could be a console exclusive

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

I'd be worried but then I remember exclusives barely exist anymore, especially from Xbox.

Also that Bethesda has spent 2 years trying to ruin its reputation. I mean, I wanna play Doom Eternal but Bethesda made that the same way Nintendo made Bayonetta 2 practically, by not actually making it and instead giving money to talented people.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GilbertXI

@Dezzy ok sure, you have me there. But Elder Scrolls Online has been confirmed for ps5, and there have been rumors floating around of a Skyrim port as well. Seems a bit strange to give playstation the MMO, but not the actual game. Although it has been done before, so we'll just have to see. We don't know how far in development either of those games are, we'll have to wait and see.

GilbertXI

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 I really don't feel optimistic about tomorrow, scalpers already have the advantage because they know the exact time preorders go live.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano yeah, while it's a good thing the have a more structured plan in place, it's going to be insane regardless. The silver lining I guess of the ps5 debacle was at least the madness was somewhat spread out over 6 or so hours. With this one it's all going to be contained in a very short amount of time. I'd expect all retailer sites to crash lol. As Nestalgia pointed out adding into that the credit check system along with that and it could be nutty for a bit. And I'm sure the scalpers have the bots locked and loaded to pounce!

Side note, just left furniture store picking up a new TV stand, 2 guys already sitting out in front of the gamestop next door in lawn chairs haha!!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic