Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,181 to 10,200 of 11,914

Magician

I wonder how this acquisition will sit with a friend of mine who loves Elder Scolls series but despises MS platforms?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@GilbertXI That's what I was saying though, Bethesda being a Xbox 1st party causes Sony to buy more 1st party studios and make them permanent Playstation exclusives meanwhile if Microsoft only did the day 1 Game Pass part of the deal then at worst Sony would've done more timed exclusives like FFVII Remake and FFXVI.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

So far, Phil, Larry, Pete & Todd are carefully NOT saying anything about any future exclusive games ..... If they are planning anything like that, they need to say so, clearly, ASAP, so people can adjust to it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

GilbertXI

@Grumblevolcano Sorry, was only half replying. I highly doubt the games will be anything besides gamepass day 1 or timed exclusive for only 1-6 months. But the acquisition in the first place sony will see as an invitation to do that anyways. No matter how little the exclusivity will be, Sony won't care. They'll take it as a challenge and go full exclusive with final fantasy stuff, seems like something they will do. I'm just voicing my worry on that, I doubt it will matter to Sony.

GilbertXI

Dezzy

@BruceCM

What are you expecting them to say? They're obviously all going to be Xbox and PC exclusives. That's why they paid billions for it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GilbertXI

@Dezzy Do you know how gigantic Bethesda is? ID, Arkane, Bethesda studios and more, not to mention all of the publishing they do, it's like acquiring EA. The games will most likely be multiplat or timed, Xbox will just get some of the profit from the games. That seems to be Xbox's strategy going into this generation.

GilbertXI

DarkRula

Microsoft will still get some of the money by selling on other platforms, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that. But as others have said, Game Pass is the priority for Microsoft and the Xbox brand, and this deal has just increased that value massively. May as well rake in the extra dollar from those who won't migrate to the Xbox ecosystem.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

@GilbertXI

I don't think you pay $7.5 billion for timed exclusives. I guarantee Elder Scrolls 6 is an Xbox/PC exclusive.

They want this to shift hardware and gamepass subscriptions.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Justifier

I agree with BlueOcean with that, Sony can't afford to buy Square Enix. They can only afford timed exclusives. I could see them getting Konami tho.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

GilbertXI

@Dezzy they bought Mojang for $2.5 billion, that barely stayed on Microsoft systems.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

Anti-Matter

So SquareEnix will goes to Nintendo and Xbox after this ?

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@BruceCM Your first comment implied that Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo wouldn't be released on Series S/X and they will.

Bethesda had previously agreed to debut two of its upcoming games, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, on Sony’s new PlayStation rather than Xbox. Both games were announced as “timed console exclusives,” meaning that they would be restricted to the PlayStation 5 for a fixed period of time before coming to Xbox.

BruceCM wrote:

Phil's confirmed they'll honour the upcoming games that have already arranged to be exclusive .... Future ones will come to XBox & PC. Other consoles on a case-by-case basis, too!

Banjo-

BruceCM

Oh, sorry, I thought it was clear that the terms already agreed were going to stay the same, @BlueOcean .... But the headline hasn't been 'XBox buys Bethesda & all their upcoming games will be exclusives'. It's been about how their games will be in GamePass!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

redd214

Be ready fellas, make sure you're alarms are set and you info is saved already!!

redd214

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter It looks like Square and Sony are in friendlier kahoots with each other compared to Square with Microsoft or Nintendo judging by the fact the PS5 has two console exclusives from them coming down the pipeline

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

GilbertXI

Although Sony won't be able to buy square Enix, let alone take-two, they still have money. They're the smallest of the big 3, Sony has pretty deep pockets nevertheless. Its not unreasonable to buy out, let's say, Kojima productions, that would be an instant buy for me. Along with that, Konami is pretty reasonable as well. There is a lot that they could buy to one-up Microsoft, that won't make them go bankrupt.

Also, I saw some article, don't have a link, that games by Bethesda will be exclusive on a game by game basis, furthering my claim that ES6 and Starfield will most likely come to PlayStation consoles, but not their sequels.

GilbertXI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic