Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,161 to 10,180 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Probably the former given Gears Tactics and Flight Sim went straight into Game Pass PC despite the Xbox versions launching several months later (7 month gap for Gears Tactics, who knows for Flight Sim).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

@Ralizah @Octane The main focus of Microsoft's strategy is Game Pass which is exactly what I was explaining to Grumblevolcano yesterday and the day before but exclusivity may be in the cards. Some Xbox games like Minecraft remain multiplatform, others don't. We'll see.

Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop have some kind of timed-exclusivity deal with Sony so it's either waiting for those contracts to expire or pay the fine for simultaneous release on Xbox. We'll see the Xbox Game Studios logo running on PS5 😂.

New Xbox Game Studios (21st September 2020):

Bethesda Game Studios
Id Software
ZeniMax Online Studios
Arkane
MachineGames
Tango Gameworks
Alpha Dog
Roundhouse Studios

Banjo-

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Didn't think about that. That's awesome!

The hardware value isn't quite as good, but, for what it's worth, I absolutely think PC gaming is going to explode this gen. Especially with Sony feeding games to PC as well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean as much as I love Sony, they get a bit trigger happy when things like this come up. I'll have to watch closely what comes of this. Hopefully Xbox turns Bethesda around and makes them good again.

GilbertXI

Banjo-

@GilbertXI Fortunately, Sony isn't as rich as Microsoft. According to Nintendo Life, Nintendo is richer than Sony, too (they reported that Nintendo is the richest Japanese company). Sony can't buy Take-Two Interactive (owner of Rockstar) nor Square Enix 😊 and Take-Two won't sell the best-selling company of the generation.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Phil's confirmed they'll honour the upcoming games that have already arranged to be exclusive .... Future ones will come to XBox & PC. Other consoles on a case-by-case basis, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@BruceCM Wait, do you mean that Ghostwire: Tokyo and Deathloop won't launch on Series? Where did you read it?

Banjo-

GilbertXI

@BlueOcean yeah, for now at least. They're on uncomfortably good terms with square enix, and have been since final fantasy VII. It doesn't take too much of an imagination to go one step further and at least make a couple of their franchises exclusive to Sony. Timed exclusivity is all right in my opinion, I'm patient, but making a sequel to a game already on another platform is not okay. That's the one thing I didn't like about Xbox, they made the hell blade sequel exclusive. Oh well, if Sony keeps up what they did this gen, I think they'll both do well in different areas.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

Octane

@BlueOcean Maybe if they compared their gaming divisions. I'm pretty sure that Sony's market value as a whole is bigger than Nintendo.

Nintendo sits on a ton of money, that's true. But in general companies use their revenue to invest in other stuff, so their estimated value is higher. But yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo has the most moolah on the bank, because that's all they do. Rake in the money and sit on it.

Octane

Banjo-

@Octane True. Nintendo certainly don't invest much in development lately 😅.

@GilbertXI Sony will be alright commercially although they are approaching the arrogant era again and people might like them less than before. Every Final Fantasy game since VII is or will be available on Xbox, I hope it remains like that, I like that franchise very much. Microsoft has become Square-Enix's friend too, they got all the Kingdom Hearts. My opinion about the timed exclusivity of VII Remake and XVI is that Square Enix likes the extra cash that gets from Sony, that's all. Otherwise, they wouldn't be friendly to Microsoft.

Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM wrote:

Jason Schreier tweeted about it & had an article ..... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/microsoft-...

That's not what he says!

Bethesda had previously agreed to debut two of its upcoming games, Deathloop and Ghostwire: Tokyo, on Sony’s new PlayStation rather than Xbox. Both games were announced as “timed console exclusives,” meaning that they would be restricted to the PlayStation 5 for a fixed period of time before coming to Xbox.

So those two games will come to Series, you made it sound like they won't:

BruceCM wrote:

Phil's confirmed they'll honour the upcoming games that have already arranged to be exclusive .... Future ones will come to XBox & PC. Other consoles on a case-by-case basis, too!

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@GilbertXI I agree that this move will cause Sony to buy up companies. Konami, Square Enix, etc. (there's constant rumours about a fully PS5 exclusive Silent Hill game for example)

I think the Xbox platform would've been stronger only having the day 1 Game Pass side of the Bethesda deal rather than becoming a 1st party.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@GilbertXI

It could be bad if it goes too far, that's true.

There are definitely massive positives too though. The competition over first party exclusives really drives them to try and create much more advanced (and big budget) games, and take risks on certain things that big publishers normally wouldn't.

Just think how many of the best games of the last generation were first party exclusives. Probably like 80% of them, depending on your tastes. That's not an accident. It's because having that backing of a platform holder gives them the resources and time needed to produce really good stuff.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Grumblevolcano Sony buying Konami is such a big dream of mine

I'd gladly trade Castlevania, Metal Gear and Silent Hill being multiplatform for Sony actually putting those franchises to good use.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Eel

So I decided to finally try out Viva Piñata 2 on Rare Replay, being the only Viva Piñata game I hadn't played at all in ever, and suddenly unlocked a diamond achievement for playing both Viva Piñata titles...

So, you're going to tell me than in all the years this collection has been available... Less than 5% of the people with Rare Replay have taken the time to launch both Viva Piñata games at least once...

That's shocking to be honest.

(Says the person that has owned the collection for about a year and has only played one game from it)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GilbertXI

@Grumblevolcano @Dezzy I'm not necessarily knocking down what Xbox is doing, I doubt they'll be exclusive, permanently at least. I'm just a bit worried about Sony's response. They will make the games exclusive if they acquire it, which can be bad. Konami might be all right, but Square Enix would be horrible.

GilbertXI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic