Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 11,914

Dezzy

Holy moly, that's got to be one of the biggest acquisitions in gaming history.

Elder Scrolls 6 being an Xbox exclusive is huge. Glad I'm getting a Series S!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TheFrenchiestFry

DAMN MICROSOFT YOU SNAPPED

Guess having a PC is really going to be worthwhile this gen for me.

Really curious as to how this will affect GhostWire Tokyo being a PS5 console exclusive. Either way this is a massive step in the right direction for them and a little poetic considering the console version of Morrowind was famously Xbox-exclusive

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Banjo-

@Anti-Matter I really don't understand what are you doing in here after all these years. There's nothing related to Xbox that you like and all your comments are negative 😕.

Banjo-

TheFrenchiestFry

@Anti-Matter That was meant to be rhetoric and not directed at you.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

MsJubilee

Microsoft owning Bethesda is nuts. But, it does help me decide which console I'm going to get this generation. I wonder what else they're going to purchase?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

I remember there were rumours about Sony buying Rockstar, I wonder if that is Sony's counter (have GTAVI fully exclusive to PS5).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
There are some Xbox only games i have interest but unfortunately they are very niche to you and almost users here.
I know i have very opposite and very different gaming taste so my choices are always the games that users here mostly do not care at all.
I still hoping there are some Xbox only games that targeted to casual gamers and family.
I don't count the multi console games as Xbox only as i can consider the PlayStation or Nintendo version.
Even until today, the games i could consider from Xbox One just only 2 (Two) : Disneyland Adventures and Zoo Tycoon. Nothing else but only those two games.
And what games i could consider from Xbox series X? Still Nothing and it really frustrating.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@Grumblevolcano Can Sony afford buying Take-Two Interactive, the best-selling company of the generation? I don't think so.

@Anti-Matter We have told hundreds friendly games on Xbox but you don't like any.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@TheFrenchiestFry
What happened to Microsoft that bought those 3rd party developers didn't even affecting me at all.
It was Microsoft bought them and i didn't care.
I just only care the Xbox exclusive games that targeted for casual and family.
It's really hard for me to get a lot of games from Xbox machines as i always ended up by niche Xbox games for almost everyone but hidden gems for me.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Also, Bethesda, Obsidian, and InExile... that's a Triforce of WRPGs if I ever saw one.

Don't forget Fable.

Xbox looks like it'll become the WRPG platform this gen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
I'm sorry if i was really hard to be pleased.
I have ever saw the list from you last time but unfortunately they were still very hard to impress me as 2 reasons:
1. If the games are multi release consoles, i will not bothering Xbox version as the games are almost impossible to get here in Indonesia as Xbox brand is really dead here so it will be very impossible to find a seller in Indonesia that want to provide a large amount of Xbox games.
2. I don't play Forza as i never like any realistic racing games (same case with Grand Turismo, Initial D, etc), i still don't like Viva Pinata, still not impressed by Banjo Kazoie, because i am not a people who was born to like those games like that. I was born to like very opposite gaming taste.

Btw, i didn't mean to be negative here.
I just only commented that i didn't even care with what happened to Microsoft by buying those 3rd party developers.
I will not even bothering their games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

GilbertXI

Damn xbox is making strides. I don't know how I feel about this. Buying out studios is fine, but when it is all done in massive succession it can have negative effects on the industry, no matter how big the ecosystem of Xbox is. This will just give Sony an incentive to buy out Square Enix or Rockstar, then things will go downhill from there.

GilbertXI

Banjo-

@GilbertXI Microsoft has stated that these companies will still be relatively autonomous, something confirmed by the studios.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Sony still has more big name exclusives, though .... While it's not quite as easy as going to the SE CEO with a pile of cash! Guess we'll see what they do in response soon enough

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

Big win by MS. I wondered whether they were just going to profit off them, or whether they were actually going to lever their IPs by making them exclusive, but I guess @BlueOcean already answered my question. I think this has more to do with making them available on GamePass.

Octane

Ralizah

Yeah, I'm not too worried about Microsoft acquiring Bethesda, since their goal is profit generation and increasing the value of Game Pass. Whereas, for Sony, exclusivity is primarily about hurting the competition by reducing the available pool of games available to them.

@TheFrenchiestFry I don't think this is going to change anything. Ghostwire will be exclusive to PS5 on consoles for a year or whatever, and then become available to Series X/S owners.

What'll be interesting, though, is to see how its Game Pass availability changes. Will it go straight to PC Game Pass and then join Series X's Game Pass after the temporary exclusivity period? Or will Microsoft just wait for the game's exclusivity period to end overall before they add it?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic